Thread: Tony Romo

Tony Romo

The way I hear this story, Romo is upset that this story has been made public, he did it for the sake of being a good person.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8821 ... meless-man

In a rags-to-riches story that might sound like the premise for a Hollywood production, a homeless man found himself being treated to at the movies by multi-millionaire Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo recently, The Dallas Morning News reported on Thursday.
    The man, who asked to be identified only as "Doc," was cashing in change at a Cinemark Theatre in Dallas when a stranger walked up and offered to pay his way into the movie. The homeless man said he had planned to spend his day handing out fliers for a nearby consignment store and accepted a rain check before recognizing the generous gentleman.

"Was that Tony Romo?" he asked the theater worker.

It was, and Doc rushed across the street to the store and requested the day off. By the time he got back to the theater, Role Models, in which two men are sentenced to 150 hours mentoring kids, had already started.

Romo, who confirmed the story to the newspaper but didn't want to elaborate, waved Doc over to sit by him and his friend. Doc mentioned that he hadn't showered in a few days.

"Don't worry about that," Romo said. "I'm used to locker rooms."

And so the $67 million quarterback, who made news by changing a couple's tire on a roadside on the way home from a game in September, and the homeless man sat next to each other and shared laughs for 90 minutes or so.

"For me, it was a blessing," Doc said. "It came at just the right time. It gave me some encouragement and faith in mankind. I just wanted to say thank you."
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

Re: Tony Romo

Good stuff. I hate Dallas, but I kind of like Romo. He seems like a regular, nice guy.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter