Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: National Championship game should be OU/TX

Re: National Championship game should be OU/TX

[/quote]

I totally agree with TimBob on this one (that's scary).[/quote]

That's a big surprise.

So if you two are defending this whole situation explain why Texas would have went to the Big 12 title game last week but Oklahoma is the better team this week.

Texas was better than Oklahoma until Oklahoma gave up 41 points to Oklahoma St in a win this week ,now they are better than Texas?

Yikes
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Plain and simple - Oklahoma blew away Oklahoma State, a team Texas played close and a Top 15 team. Texas blew away a last place team. Remember THE COMPUTER numbers put them over the top. When you beat a high ranked team (Okla State) versus a low team (Texas A&M) your computer ranking will rise at a better rate. Any basic computer program would do that. How do you think they figured out SOS? The better your opponent, the better you improve on a win

And again, as for the polls, they are people's OPINION. I personally like Oklahoma over Texas. I'd put my money on them big time in a rematch!!!

You can argue all you want, it is what it is. The Big 12 runs their conference the way they want. And you keep leaving Tech out of the picture who BEAT Texas! What about them?

Ive been arguing with my friends about this all day yesterday. I think they should use a tie breaker like 1-head to head record 2-point differential in conference games.

I didnt check it out, I will today. But whoever came out on top of that I feel should be the division winner.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I added up the points within the conference and got the differential.

OU +195
    TEX +149
    TT +91

When I get some time later, I want to see what the differential is between common opponents.

Thanks Zak. Just one more argument in favor of Oklahoma. RESEARCHING one's vote is the way to go.

Just like my research and the above and the computer's etc. point in the Sooners favor. Maybe that is the REAL reason they are ranked higher in the BCS. The computer average takes all these pieces of the puzzle versus just "Hey so and so beat so and so head to head so they should go" conclusion when three or more teams are involved.

You have to take the entire season into account.

Quote Originally Posted by timbob
    Thanks Zak. Just one more argument in favor of Oklahoma. RESEARCHING one's vote is the way to go.

Just like my research and the above and the computer's etc. point in the Sooners favor. Maybe that is the REAL reason they are ranked higher in the BCS. The computer average takes all these pieces of the puzzle versus just "Hey so and so beat so and so head to head so they should go" conclusion when three or more teams are involved.

You have to take the entire season into account.
    The only part I dont agree with you is voters dont research before they vote they look at final scores and see which team scored more points. I researched and showed you all the games above where the BCS sent teams to the National Title game because they scored lots of points and were blown out in each game, the same thing is going to happen to Oklahoma because they have no defense. I dont see how anyone can rank a team that scores a lot of points but has no defense over a team that has a solid defense and beat them.

OU did not "blow out" Oklahoma St . Did you watch the game? It was a 3 point game with 10 minutes to go it looked like it was going to be a last team with the ball kind of game. Also they scored running up the score with 30 seconds to go or it would have ended a 13 point game. That game was not a blowout

I think it bothers me is when OU jumped Texas. If they had after their big win over Texas Tech like I predicted in the first post of this thread then I probably wouldnt be arguing for Texas .

I personally think the BCS is a joke and always has been ,maybe I need to stick to gambling like I use to and not worry about teams just the spread.

As of now they are predicting

Texas vs Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl

OU vs Florida in the BCS title

Alabama vs Utah (how exciting)

Boston College Vs Cincy (how exciting)

and we know it will be

USC vs Penn St
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Dont get me wrong, I still think it should be settled on the field, and Texas beat OU straight up on a neutral field, so I dont think they should go over OU, but at the same time, if you put Texas in there, Tech has the same argument.

Anyway you look at it, somebody is getting fucked and if these assholes would have a playoff, this would be a non-issue.

Common opponents

Oklahoma Texas

Baylor won by 32 won by 24

Kansas won by 14 won by 28

Texas A&M won by 34 won by 40

Texas Tech won by 44 lost by 6

Oklahoma St won by 20 won by 4

Missouri ? won by 25
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Dont get me wrong, I still think it should be settled on the field, and Texas beat OU straight up on a neutral field, so I dont think they should go over OU, but at the same time, if you put Texas in there, Tech has the same argument.

Anyway you look at it, somebody is getting fucked and if these assholes would have a playoff, this would be a non-issue.
    I agree
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Thanks Luke.

thats a differential of +54 points for OU.

All the evidence points to OU, but I cant get passed the fact that Texas beat them straight up.

If what happens on the field doesnt matter then whats the point of ever having a playoff?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Timbob I would like to know why if TX played OU again that you think the result would be any different?

OU still has no defense so wouldnt be able to stop TX on offense and with TX having a top defense they would again slow down the OU offense enough to win .Are you impressed because OU put 61 on OSU? Are you not scratching your head on why a top team would give up 41 points to them?

Why OU would win if they played again ?Simple question anyone answer not just timbob, the only reason I pointed him out because he is the only one in this thread that thinks the better team went to the championship game.I like hearing both sides
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

It wouldnt suprise me at all if OU won that game if they played again.

OU was controlling the first 3 quarters, Texas got a kickoff return for a TD, and they dropped an INT in the endzone that would have killed a second half drive for Texas.

It was really a 3 point game for Texas when they got a late TD to push it to 10.

I heard ESPN say a lot of conferences tie breaker is :

In the event of a 3 way tie the lowest BCS score team is eliminated and then they go by head to head to decide between the last two remaining teams
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I personally think Texas should be going because they were 1 play away from having a perfect season. I dont think people should look into point differential because some teams try to run up scores and other coaches play more conservative and there are pointless points scored at end of games etc...

But for the record I think Oklahoma is a better team but based on the current system I think Texas should be the one going to the Big 12 championship game.
    06-07 IWS NCAA Football bowl contest Runner Up
    07-08 IWS NCAA Basketball season contest 3rd Place

just today i heard on local radio BIG 12 will be looking into changing the tie breaker system they currently are using

Texas beat OU , IMO that should be the tiebreaker , SHOULD BE but i do think they have the correct team in the BIG 12 championship, i think OU is hitting on all cylinders right now and whole heartedley deserves to be in the game thats just my feeling on it, no real hard facts just think OU deserves to be there

MLB YTD
    14-7-2
    +12.6 UNIT
    NCAAFB YTD
    10-15-1
    -10 UNITS
    NFL YTD
    1-1
    -.2 UNITS

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKERPOWER
    just today i heard on local radio BIG 12 will be looking into changing the tie breaker system they currently are using

Texas beat OU , IMO that should be the tiebreaker , SHOULD BE but i do think they have the correct team in the BIG 12 championship, i think OU is hitting on all cylinders right now and whole heartedley deserves to be in the game thats just my feeling on it, no real hard facts just think OU deserves to be there
    The problem is, using that same analogy, Texas Tech should be ahead of Texas becasue they beat Texas.

This whole thing is like a dog chasing his tail.

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKERPOWER

Is their defense hitting on all cylinders? They just gave up 41 to OSU. Too many people IMO are saying Oklahoma is playing better by looking at their offense and forgetting their defense has gave up some huge numbers in games

Oklahoma has no chance IMO of winning the BCS title as soon as they play a good defense they are done. Texas has a better chance to defeat Florida or Bama but thats just my opinion
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Oklahoma gives up 24.8 ppg and 30.6 over their last 5
    Texas gives up 18.6 ppg and 20 over their last 5

I dont think that Oklahoma's defense is as bad though. They have given up
    4 KO returns for TD and a lot of yards per return so they start out with bad
    field possition a lot. That was definatly hurting there numbers and it really
    hurt in the Ok state game.

If you look at the Tech game, they held the top scoring offense to really
    nothing except a meaningless TD against the 2nd and 3rd teamers. Same for the A&M and
    Nebraska games.

I cant find any site that has the yards the defenses have given up, so if anyone
    has a like, I would like to look at that too.

O.k. I found that foxsports has the numbers I was looking for.

OU gives up 109.8 on the ground, Tex gives up 73.6
    OU gives up 249.7 in the air, Tex gives up 266.3
    OU gives up 359.5 total, Tex gives up 339.9

Thats a difference of 20.4 yards per game.

OU has the better 3rd down defense, holding opponents to 30.4% vs Texas 35.1%

I think Texas has the better defense, but not by that much. OU special teams are horrible,
    and I think that is what will kill them if they play a team like Florida, they way they run kicks
    and punts back.