Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor Pool

Survivor Pool

I am in a pool that among other things has a survivor pool. I am one of six people left out of 247. First place is $2000, 2nd $600 and 3rd $400. One of the 6 came forward today and offered to have a split ($500 each). He and one other guy are planning on playing the Saints this week (vs. Detroit) and Tampa next week (vs Oakland).

Anyway, 5 of these guys all decide to split. They were waiting on my answer, I told them to pack sand and that I was in for the long haul. I have gotten 2 emails from these pussies threatening me (granted this is a all over USA pool, they have no idea where I live). I told them both that their sphincters must be tightening up in fear of a loss.

My teams that I have left are Atlanta, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Houston, KC, Miami, Minnesota, Oakland, 49ers, Seattle, St. Louis and Washington.

I am leaning to Denver this week and Green Bay next week. The pool ends after week 17 regardless.

Give me some input fellas.

Re: Survivor Pool

Ride that fucker out bro. You didnt sign up to win $500, you want the 2 g's.

Fuck em.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I agree Zak, I need to have my Survivor pick in by 5pm tonight. I want to get some input from you and anyone else as to who I should pick this week. As I said above I am leaning towards the Broncos at home vs Buffalo. I am trying not to have tunnel vision and woiuld welcome any opinions.

Denver would probably be the one I would go with. Coming off that blowout loss, going back home, they should win that one.

Houston looks solid too, but If I were choosing between the two, I would take the home team, Denver.

I like:

1) Houston
    2) Cleveland

I agree as well - Fuck those guys. You are in it to win it...not to settle for a piece of the pie.

As far as the pick: To me HOUSTON looks by far the best choice on the board.

Good luck with whatever decision you decide to make.
    “He's won more games with last-second shots, free throws and play-making than any player we've ever had. It's not even close.”

Coach Jim Boeheim - on Gerry McNamara

Denver is solid, Buffalo has not beaten anyone decent this year, thou they run the ball well and Denver is not good at stopping the run.

The 49ers have done well at St Louis over the years, and seem to be playing harder for their HC than the Rams are.

It would be oine of these 2 for me, I will say I would feel better backing the home team fighting for the playoffs.

GL, I think Detroit gets the monkey off their back this week, and knocks some of those ass clowns out of your pool.
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

Here is my response to one guy who was begging for a split after he called me out for not agreeing to split the pot. I threw out some quality Smack if I do say so myself.

This only gets better. I get a lovely direct email from “Michael Hokum” breaking down the stats pretty much on how I don’t have a chance in the finals. Want to pull your balls out Michael? I will go head to head with you for $100 that I “Survive” this week. Best part is that if I don’t, I could give a rat’s ass. I am going to place side bets the rest of the way with a local for some jack on the money line. Hmm, gosh I will win either way. Huh, I never made the connection.

Michael wrote me:

At the best you will be splitting with 4 teams instead of 6, more likely 5 and you might be the odd man out.

No way 5 teams get eliminated and you get the whole enchilada yourself.

This week is tough, but there are a bunch of gimmees next week.

Michael, have you ever heard of the term “Any Given Sunday”? I agree that this week is tough but funny s*** happens in the NFL (ask the Chargers), nothing is a definite. Then again, I am not sure if you even have a dog in this fight. Just a curious question but Joe’s email went out to 10 people, are you actually one of the Final Six?

I do know that Sensei (RTD Morris) would not be happy with people being pus*ies and opting out for a small payday, I for one agree 100%. Win or lose, let it be known that my sphincter (and Rob “Non” Parille’s) didn’t pucker and want to settle for a split like yours must have Michael.

Game on!!!!

I'd take the 500 bucks and guarantee myself money but that's me.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I'd take the 500 bucks and guarantee myself money but that's me.
    Too late for that. It goes until week 17 now with whomever survives another chance to split the pot. If I am alive I am staying in until the end.

Thanks for all the input fellas.

I will post in here tonight who the other 5 survivors chose for this week.

Me, after alot of good info and hard thought am going to stick with my gut and take denver this week. I have only used home teams in all of my picks so I stayed with the home team here too. I really like Houston, but going with the first choice.

With you on staying in. No way in a billion years would I give in to a bunch of assholes just to put $500 on my pocket if it means it goes in theirs too.

Quote Originally Posted by timbob
    With you on staying in. No way in a billion years would I give in to a bunch of assholes just to put $500 on my pocket if it means it goes in theirs too.

Why are they a bunch of assholes? Because they wanted to split the money and guarantee a profit?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

i just cashed out my survivor pool with one other guy we just split $420 ( 21 guys @ $20) i had PHILLY LAST WEEK would have taken HOUSTON this week and had GREEN BAY already in for next week , the guy i was playing had NO this week and i thought this was good for me to get out with atleast half, i ran it and had the $ didnt want to give it all away this late in the season

hope you getem good

MLB YTD
    14-7-2
    +12.6 UNIT
    NCAAFB YTD
    10-15-1
    -10 UNITS
    NFL YTD
    1-1
    -.2 UNITS

Why are they a bunch of assholes? Because they wanted to split the money and guarantee a profit?
    I think he is referring to the threats made on him for not settling.
    06-07 IWS NCAA Football bowl contest Runner Up
    07-08 IWS NCAA Basketball season contest 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher

I think he is referring to the threats made on him for not settling.

Got ya !!.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Husker....I would have taken my chances on winning it all. I think you would have won it outright. I love Houston this week. And I also believe that Detroit has a good shot to get their first win.
    “He's won more games with last-second shots, free throws and play-making than any player we've ever had. It's not even close.”

Coach Jim Boeheim - on Gerry McNamara

Another day, another hateful email. I found out that out of the 6 survivors "one" is actually a group of 5 people. These are the a-holes blowing me shit.

They sent another whiney email today about not splitting and I responded "Why should I try to reason with someone who could not come up with $210, that they had to get 4 friends to pool their money to play?"

This should really get their feathers ruffled up.

Here is what everyone (6 people) has for this week:
    New Orleans (1)
    Houston (2)
    New England (1)
    Miami (1)
    Denver (Me)

I see no one played my Cleveland pick..