Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: 1/13/09

Re: 1/13/09

Fairway Jay

20* Tulsa +5

N. Iowa +4.5
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

RON RAYMOND'S 5* CBB O/U GAME OF THE WEEK!

Pick # 1 Northern Iowa / Evansville Under 128 -110

RON RAYMOND’S 3-GAME NBA PICKS PACK OF WINNERS! (PVI RATING OF 78% AND HIGHER)

Pick # 1 Memphis Grizzlies (8.5)

Pick # 2 Los Angeles Lakers (-4.0)

Pick # 3 Dallas Mavericks (6.0)

RON RAYMOND’S 4-GAME NHL PICK PACK OF WINNERS!

Pick # 1 Philadelphia Flyers (-170)

Pick # 2 Montreal Canadiens (150)

Pick # 3 Toronto Maple Leafs (-110)

Pick # 4 Minnesota Wild (-150

Bob Balfe

NBA Basketball
    Grizzles +8.5 over Cavs

NCAA Basketball
    Indiana State +3 over Bradley

ATS Lock Club
    4 Magic -7.5
    3 Evansville -4

ATS Financial Package
    3 Pistons -7
    3 Lakers -4

ATS Financial NHL........3* TOR......3* over NJ

Doc

4 Unit Play. #519 Take Bradley -2 ½ over Indiana (7:00 pm) The Braves have been a major surprise this year coming from the MVC after a poor showing early on in the non-conference season. The Sycamores has struggled this season at the Hulman Center going just 2-5 and Bradley has won 10 of the last 14 meetings.

4 Unit Play. #527 Memphis -5 over Tulsa (7:30 pm ESPN 2) Not too often do you find a line this low in Conference USA with Memphis, since they have won 44 straight conference games. This is not the same Memphis team as in year’s past but Tulsa simply will not be able to score enough points to stay in this game. Memphis has won seven straight in this series and has the bodies to match-up with the bigs from the Golden Hurricanes. Memphis will lose a Conference USA game this season but it will not be tonight, as we collect big in the process.

4 Unit Play. #538 Take Over 116 in Georgia State @ Old Dominion (9:00 pm ESPN U) Yes believe it or not this game is actually on TV as this CAA battle takes place at the Ted Constant Convocation Center. Both teams have trouble scoring points but the Panthers already showed once this season that they can play with the Monarchs. I expect some following at the end and thus ODU will reach the mid-sixties and get this game over the posted number.

Sebass

NHL:
    20* Car/Ott under

NBA:
    30* Den

NCAAB:
    20* C. Mich
    30* Kentucky
    50* Memphis

RAS

1* 537-538 Over 117

Stan Sharp Double Dime is Tennessee -6

D@ve

5* Kansas -8

4* dall/denver Under 207

4* orlando/Sac over 205

Alatex 15* Buffalo
    TVS Heavy Hitter Evansville

indiancowboy

CBB (POD): 4 Unit Play. #529. Take Kansas State +8 over Kansas (Tuesday @ 8pm eastern).

On our way for our 4th straight NBA Winning Week & back to back winning College Weeks.

2-0 Tuesday (+8 Units).
    NBA (POD): Bucks/Wizards Under (Winner)
    CBB (POD): Louisville -6.5 (Winner)

13-6 last 19 days of NBA PODs.
    8-3 last 11 days in the NBA PODs.
    $100 bettors up $2880 last 19 days in the NBA.

I wager on principles, situations, trends, my formulas and gut. As hard as it is to believe that Kansas State can hang tough here (69% favoring Kansas by the public consensus), I think K-State will do very well here today. Remember, this team comes off a huge loss to Oklahoma at home. This was a game that this team was expecting to do well and had a massive let down at home. But, Oklahoma had revenge from the previous two years to Kansas State. Well, Kansas State has that revenge here. Kstate has been the whipping dog in Kansas to the Jayhawks consistently but they did manage to win a home game last year and cover and in turn Kansas won their home game against K-State and covered. The most recent memory for Kansas State of this rivalry is that double-digit loss on the road to Kansas. Now, Kansas comes off a loss themselves at Michigan State so they will be ready to go here. But, this is a rivarly. Both teams come off such tough losses and I actually have Kansas State as a top 25 power ranking. Why not? Kansas State is 11-4 (the same record as Kansas), beat a top 40 power ranking team in Cleveland State on the road early in the year, and their 3 previous losses out of the four before Oklahoma was by a combined total of 9 points (Kentucky, Iowa and Oregon). Kansas is good. But, they are very young and by no means they are impossible to get inside this cover. After all, this team beat a top 70 Siena team at home by just 7, beat Tennessee at home by 7 and lost to Umass Outright at home as double-digit favorites. Kansas State has some veteran play back and this is a team that is competent away from home albeit some SU losses, but each of those games were inside 8 points and all three of those losses prior to Oklahoma was by a total of 9 points. I can see Kansas State playing very tough off the SU loss to Oklahoma here and getting some frustration out, in the same token, it is not that implausible that they could win this outright and the road team is 10-4 ATS in the last 14 meetings between these two squads.

NBA (POD): 4 Unit Play. Take the Charlotte Bobcats +4 FOR THE FIRST HALF over the Detroit Pistons (Tuesday @ 7:30pm est). I don't do this often. In fact, this is my first, first half play this year. Heck, I can't even remember the last first half play that I did. But, I told myself that when the Bobcats went on the road to play the Pistons that I would make a first half play on them as my POD and given that the rest of the card looks a bit cloudy, I like the first half selection here. After all, in many ways, the Bobcats could be leading and even "win outright" in this first half. Remember, the last time these two teams faced off? I do. The score after the first quarter was 24-13 Detroit (but it was in fact much worse even in the first quarter as the Bobcats were shooting for a franchise all time low in points in the first quarter) and 51-33 at the end of the first half. But, the Bobcats came back. Remember, that game against the Pistons was the first game that Diaw and Bell became available and consequently this team was getting used to having their respective new players on the floor. This team quickly showed improvement in the second half with the new cast of players and outscored the Pistons 53-39. In fact, they nearly had the lead in the second half as the final score turned out to be 86-90 as the Stones hung on. The Bobcats just come off a nice Outright win over the Wizards on the road and undoubtedly remember that abysmal first half against the Pistons at home in what was their first game of their new team. Remember, the new cast of players of Bell and Diaw were pivotal in the Bobcats play of late including that this team is 5-5 SU (a far cry from what they were prior to that) and both of them combined put up 35 points of this team's 92 points at Washington. Now, Detroit does come off a tough loss at Utah. But, although I question Charlotte's ability to hang tough throughout the game although they might get inside the number at the end of the game, I like the 4 points here for the first half. This is the same Charlotte team that was up by 2 against Philly on the road and defeated the Wiz outright on the road - not to mention defeated the Celtics in OT at home. I look for the Bobcats to either be leading at the half or be inside the four points as they specifically remember the horrible first half they had against the Pistons and nearly made massive comeback in the second half. Jordan's team gets started on the right foot early in this contest

Craig Davis
    Tuesday's Lineup

30 DIME ---- KANSAS STATE

10 DIME ---- KENTUCKY

5 DIME ---- MAVERICKS

Jefferson-sports

Cbb
    N. Iowa Over 127.5