Thread: Cowboys cut T.O.

Cowboys cut T.O.

The Dallas Cowboys have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith late Wednesday.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not deny the team is discussing the possible release of Owens in late February.

"There are several decisions on our roster we have to look at," Jones said at the time. "This is the time of year we do that. I'm not trying to be trite, but as you all know we're evaluating players in college, we're evaluating free agents and we're evaluating our own roster. This is an ongoing thing, not any different than this time last year."

The Cowboys paid Owens a $12 million signing bonus just last year, included as part of a new four-year, $34 million deal.

There has been talk since the end of the Cowboys' 9-7 season, in which they missed the playoffs, that they would consider cutting Owens to improve locker room morale.

Not only did Owens have relationship issues with quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten, but the receiver consistently criticized offensive coordinator Jason Garrett's play calling and his offensive schemes to the point that sources say Garrett does not believe they can coexist.

While the Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Owens and Witten during the season, the two reportedly came close to blows in mid-December.

An incident occurred at the Cowboys' training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believed Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, even though he endorsed bringing in Owens, never got along with the receiver.

"You've gotta realize than Bill bought into Terrell joining our team and don't think Terrell didn't come to this team without Bill's blessing," Cowboys owner Jerry Jone said in an interview with a Dallas TV station last week, referencing Parcells. "He wanted to win and use the talents of Terrell as much as anyone in this organization ... the entire time Bill was coach they never spoke."

Owens caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns this season.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Cowboys cut T.O.

Couldnt happen to a better guy .Hope he doesnt start crying again like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M

N.E is on line 1
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I think he will go to Washington or New England.

Dallas cut Safty Roy Williams. I would love to see him come to the Eagles.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I say Denver ,Oakland or Washington
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

He went to the Bills?

Who's going to throw him the ball??
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Jack Kemp?

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Jack Kemp?

Jim Kelly
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

thank goodness my redskins did not get him...
    “It is only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.”

I'm glad to see him out of here, but hell I don't like Homo either..

On the other hand I love Witten.