Thread: Number 1 seeds

Number 1 seeds

Before the conference tourneys started well, I had a lot more money lol but thats not what this is about.Anyway I thought the four number one seeds should be :

1.UNC
    2.Uconn
    3.PITT
    4.Oklahoma

But now that none of the above teams won their conference tourneys I have totally changed my mind and I hope the selection committee does too .I hope they do not reward teams that played poorly in their tournaments and they do reward the ones that did.

I now believe the four number ones seeds should be:

1. Memphis - they won conference tourney ,only 3 losses
    2. Louisville they also won conference tourney, if they dont get one there is no longer a point of having conference tourneys
    3.Duke -if they win there conference tourney tomorrow
    4. Missouri-why not? had a great end of season and won conference tourney also

This would make teams play better in the tourneys and reward teams that did play well that were on the bubble but politics always play and the top 4 will still probably be:

1.UNC
    2.PITT
    3.UCONN
    4.Memphis

who you got for number one seeds?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Number 1 seeds

I got UNC, UL, UCONN, and Pitt

Although UNC did not win the ACC tournament, they were without the ACC player of the year in Ty Lawson. With Lawson, they win the ACC tournament easily. With that said, I believe UCONN remains a number one seed because of their body of work. They played the third toughest schedule in the NCAA and also played in the toughest conference. Their out of conference schedule was very tough and they beat some pretty good teams on the road. Trust me, I hate UCONN, but I believe the committee will reward them with a number one seed.

I also believe that UCONN and Pitt felt it would behoove them to not win the Big East tourney. Why? Because it's a brutal conference, and winning the Big East doesn't matter. It's all about winning the NCAA tourney.

I think the bigger question is who will make it to the final four. My thoughts:

UNC,
    Pitt,
    UL, and
    FL State

Of course, it depends on how the teams end up in the brackets, but I feel FL State has a legitimate chance to make it to the final four.

I believe UNC will win the NCAA. Couple things they have going for them. First, the last time they won the tourney, they also won the Maui classic and a point guard named Raymond Felton won the MVP of the tourney. This year, they also won the Maui classic and Ty Lawson won the MVP. Also the last time they won the NCAA tourney, they lost in the Semi Final of the ACC tourney, just like they did yesterday. Not that what I just typed means anything, but I like to hope so!

Very good write up mikenyyank I appreciate your input

I'll give you UNC because you are right they without Lawson so they should still get a number one and Duke even if they won the ACC tourney they are still only a 2 or 3 seed.I dont think there should be three number one seeds form the same conference though I think Memphis does deserve one even playing a weak schedule .I have Pitt over Uconn for a number one seed only because Pitt beat them twice.

So my legit number ones would be:

1.Pitt
    2.UNC
    3.Ville
    4.Memphis

I also have UNC winning it all and will probably put a future bet in on them soon
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I like

Louisvile
    Memphis
    UNC
    Pitt
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I like

Louisvile