Thread: NFL new rules

NFL new rules

• Loose balls that could have been the result of a fumble or an incomplete pass are now subject to video review. Or, as it will forever be known, "The Hochuli Rule."

• Video replay can be used to determine if a loose ball stayed in bounds or hit the sideline. This one stems from some weirdness in the NFC championship game when a kickoff was ruled to have gone out of bounds when it never had.

• No more rekicks after an illegal onsides kick (someone on the kicking team touches the ball before it travels the necessary 10 yards, etc.). It immediately becomes the other team's ball.

• The draft order has been reworked to reflect playoff results, not regular-season results. The most commonly-cited instance here is that the Chargers beat the Colts in the '08 playoffs, and thus, advanced farther than they did, but the Chargers, after having gone 8-8 in the regular season, still pick way ahead of the Colts, who went 12-4 in the regular season.

• There's a new waiver period during the first two weeks of training camp, and the postseason waiver period will begin after the NFL's final game, whether it's the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl.

• If a fumble or lateral goes out of bounds, the clock will stop only until the referee signals ready for play.

• Forming a "wedge" on a kickoff return is no longer legal. If three or more players line up shoulder-to-shoulder within two yards of each other, it will be a penalty.

• On onside kicks, the kicking team can't have more than five players bunched together.

• A blindside block cannot be delivered with a helmet, shoulder or forearm to an opponent's head or neck. That'll be a 15-yard penalty.

• Contact to the head of a defenseless receiver will also draw a 15-yard penalty.

• A defensive player on the ground may no longer lunge or dive at the quarterback's lower legs. "The Brady Rule," 100 percent influenced by Bernard Pollard's (formerly) perfectly legal hit that sidelined Tom Brady for a full year. If you're going to sack a quarterback now, you've just got to do it while you're standing. Quarterbacks are the most vital ingredient to good football, so if it keeps more good quarterbacks healthy, I consider it a good thing.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: NFL new rules

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    • A blindside block cannot be delivered with a helmet, shoulder or forearm to an opponent's head or neck. That'll be a 15-yard penalty.
    And you already cant cut the guy, or block him in the back.

So basically, you cant touch him, or you have to cross body block him WWF style.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Is this still going to be called football?

You cant form a wedge on a kickoff return ,no one can bunch together on a onside kick ,no more crack back blocks,you cant sack a QB unless your standing WTF

A defensive player on the ground may no longer lunge or dive at the quarterback's lower legs. "The Brady Rule," 100 percent influenced by Bernard Pollard's (formerly) perfectly legal hit that sidelined Tom Brady for a full year. If you're going to sack a quarterback now, you've just got to do it while you're standing. Quarterbacks are the most vital ingredient to good football, so if it keeps more good quarterbacks healthy, I consider it a good thing.
    So if you get pushed to the ground my a lineman and the the QB can now just stand beside you or run right past you without you being able to tackle him? This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.Sure Brady got hurt big deal he also makes 15 million a year and knows the risks of football.No tackling when your on the ground wtf

No more wedges or returns ,thats just stupid by itself

Seriously in this football because it sure seems to me they are trying to take the contact out of the game.These guys are millions that make way more for a job than they should.If they dont want to get hit and risk getting hurt I suggest going to work at Burger King for 7.00 dollars an hour
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    And you already cant cut the guy, or block him in the back.

So basically, you cant touch him, or you have to cross body block him WWF style.
    you can use your finger tips to knock him down, that is until someone breaks a finger and is out for the season that did it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I dont like the draft order change either.There was nothing wrong with the way it was before .What better way to determine the draft than record ?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

They act like that Brady thing is new. I will never forget when Bryce Paup of the packers did that same thing to Randall Cunningham and he was out for the season after the first game, and the Eagles had the best defense in the league, and many thought they would win the superbowl.

they won 10 games that year with Jim Mcmahon, Brad Goebel, and I think Ken Obrien.

If they had Randall, they would have won at least one or two more and made a run at the superbowl.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter