Thread: Lashley vs fomer NFL player

Lashley vs fomer NFL player

Bobby Lashley (2-0) will fight former NFL defensive tackle Marcus Jones (4-2) at XFC "Regional Conflict" on April 25 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
    Lashley out of the American Top Team defeated Jason Guida last Saturday via unanimous decision on the Roy Jones Jr pay-per-view in Pensacola, Florida.
    Lashley is most known for his stint as a pro wrestler with the WWE, where he became a two-time ECW world champion. As a collegiate amateur wrestler, Lashley was a three-time NAIA national champion.
    The 35-year-old Jones was a first round draft pick in 1996 and played six years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Training with Gracie Tampa, Jones made his MMA debut in October 2007.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Lashley vs fomer NFL player

Lashley staying busy. I like it.

Wonder if he will ever compare to Lesnar? You know they would get all the WWE crowd to buy a pay per view if Lesnar was fighting Lashley.

These two fighters are probably convincing he WWE watchers that wrestling is real
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I think Lesnar would crush him. I look at the opposition of these guys, and I know its early in there careers, but:

Lesner
    Min soo Kim - Bum - KO
    Mir - Good HW - Was destroying him, until ref made the save, then Mir got a good submission on him.
    Herring - Above average HW - destroyed him.
    Couture - Good HW - Couture hung around a while, but Lesnar just too big.

Lashley
    1st guy - 0-0 record - KO
    Guida - Bum - Guida isnt even a HW and he hung in there with Lashley.

Lesner has been in with some really nice fighters and dominated. Mir is my guy, but he was lucky Mazzagati pulled Lesnar off with those shots to the back of the head, because that fight was about to be over.

I do like Lashley though, and I like that he is taking his time, but Lesnar is a freak of nature.

And your right Luke, if Lashley can run off a few more wins, then get one or two in the UFC, a Lesnar/Lashley fight would shatter the UFC PPV records.

Fight was a rumor, not going to happen:

Bobby Lashley (2-0) has been in talks with the XFC but will not be fighting former NFL defensive tackle Marcus Jones (4-2) at XFC "Regional Conflict" on April 25 in Knoxville, Tennessee.

“It’s come to our attention that a rumor has started circulating that Bobby Lashley will be fighting Marcus Jones at XFC 8: ‘Regional Conflict’ on Saturday, April 25 – a show featuring the fastest-rising young prospects and top emerging superstars from Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky and North Carolina in contender-versus-contender bouts, airing exclusively nationwide on HDNet," XFC president John Prisco said in a press release. "That rumor is false, and no such statement was ever issued by the XFC, Bobby Lashley, or Bobby Lashley’s manager.

"It is true that the XFC and Bobby Lashley have had numerous conversations, and both parties hope to find a way to work together in the very near future. Bobby has publicly stated his interest in fighting for the XFC, and we can confirm that the interest is mutual. We look forward to continuing to grow our relationship."

Lashley out of the American Top Team defeated Jason Guida on March 21 via unanimous decision on the Roy Jones Jr pay-per-view in Pensacola, Florida.

Lashley is most known for his stint as a pro wrestler with the WWE, where he became a two-time ECW world champion. As a collegiate amateur wrestler, Lashley was a three-time NAIA national champion.

The 35-year-old Jones was a first round draft pick in 1996 and played six years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Training with Gracie Tampa, Jones made his MMA debut in October 2007.

HDNet will televise XFC "Regional Conflict" live from the Thompson-Boling Arena.

FIGHT CARD:

* Devan Plaisance vs. Paul McEntee
    * Richard Boyd vs. Matt Trayor
    * Dean Hamilton vs. Corey Krebs
    * Ombey Mobley vs. Ovince St. Preux
    * Nate Jolly vs. Shah Bobonis
    * Jason Wood vs. Derek Schiffer
    * Dustin Winterhalt vs. Joe Heink
    * Gerardo Julio Gallegos vs. CT Turner
    * Rafaello Oliveria vs. TBA
    * Jarrod Card vs. Bruce Connors