Thread: Michigan at Iowa

Michigan at Iowa

Came across this story at ESPN:

Michigan will be without its leading rusher Saturday night against No. 12 Iowa.

Senior running back Carlos Brown didn't make the trip to Iowa City because of a concussion, Wolverines head coach Rich Rodriguez said on a video posted on the team's official Web site. Brown leads the Wolverines with 336 yards and three touchdowns on 44 carries this season. He also has caught eight passes for 119 yards and one touchdown.

Senior Brandon Minor is expected to get the start against the Hawkeyes. Minor has been limited by an ankle sprain for much of the season but turned in a strong week of practice. Projected to be Michigan's top back entering the fall, Minor ranks second on the team with 179 rush yards and two touchdowns on 35 carries.

Sophomore Michael Shaw will be Minor's primary backup against Iowa.

Thoughts on the game.

I am leaning towards Iowa at home to cover the pts. This story pushes me closer to go for it.

Iowa has not started out this good since 1985 with Hayden Frey when I was in high school...I grew up in MN so know the great years they put together back in '80s.

Re: Michigan at Iowa

I went ahead and played a 6 pt teaser and parlay on this game:

Iowa - 2 and over 41 1/2

60% of rain in Iowa City. I can see Iowa beating Michigan by scores of 23-20 or 24-21

Re: Michigan at Iowa

Solid looking plays IMO. Good luck
    NFL
    YTD 49-38-2 (+3 units)

College football
    YTD 38-37-1 (+1.6 units)

College basketball plays one unit each (unless noted)
    YTD 84-87-4 (-10.5 units)

Overall 171-162-7 (-5.9 units) thru 3-12