Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen any good movies?

Re: Anyone seen any good movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Just watched Up in the Air .It was ok .It was a slow movie with nothing exciting in it but was a decent movie overall.
    I actually liked Up In the Air quite a bit. It depends on what you look for in a movie. It's obviously a human-centered drama that deals with people quirks instead of explosions. I enjoyed it.
    I heart cock

Forgot to post, I saw Shutter Island Saturday night.

Man, that ending is fuckin crazy. Im still not sure if they were bullshitting him or not. I definatly want to see it again.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak

Man, that ending is fuckin crazy. Im still not sure if they were bullshitting him or not. I definatly want to see it again.

I've been meaning to ur ah rent it maybe I will tonight
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

******SPOILER ALERT *******

I watched it last night when I couldnt sleep . They werent BS him he really was a patient .I knew something was up at the beginning of the movie when Ruffalo couldnt get his gun off his belt .They spent way too long with the camera on that for it not to mean something even though I didnt know what it meant. I didnt realize they were role playing until they actual said it in the lighthouse. It makes sense though Leo was never going to believe what they were saying unless he was able to check everything out for himself.

I thought the awesome part of the ending was not that he was a patient and they were role playing but that he pretended to lapse again .That last scene on the stairs was the best one I had seen in a while . Leo knew that the role play was his last chance to become cured ,if the role play hadnt worked they were going to do a labotamy on him because he was so dangerous. Even though Leo was cured this time he decided he wanted a labotamy done so he could forget everything that had happened to his family and the nightmares would go away. Thats why on the stairs he goes back into his Marshalls routine. And you know he's faking because he says " would you rather die a hero than live a monster?" .He was tired of being the monster and remembering everything and just wanted the memories to go away
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I thought the awesome part of the ending was not that he was a patient and they were role playing but that he pretended to lapse again .That last scene on the stairs was the best one I had seen in a while . Leo knew that the role play was his last chance to become cured ,if the role play hadnt worked they were going to do a labotamy on him because he was so dangerous. Even though Leo was cured this time he decided he wanted a labotamy done so he could forget everything that had happened to his family and the nightmares would go away. Thats why on the stairs he goes back into his Marshalls routine. And you know he's faking because he says " would you rather die a hero than live a monster?" .He was tired of being the monster and remembering everything and just wanted the memories to go away
    Hmm, an interesting take. I had not considered that at all.

I'm not sure that's what the filmmaker intended, but it's an intriguing interpretation.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Hmm, an interesting take. I had not considered that at all.

I'm not sure that's what the filmmaker intended, but it's an intriguing interpretation.

What did you get out of it if I may ask?

I was sure thats what it was meant to mean but let me know what you thought
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

What did you get out of it if I may ask?

I was sure thats what it was meant to mean but let me know what you thought
    I just took the obvious meaning: That he had once again retreated into his fictional personality, just as he had after he had made his previous breakthrough.
    I heart cock

I first thought it was what X said, but not that I think about it, Im thinking its what Luke said. The statement about living and dieing makes me think that.

I first thought it was what X said, but not that I think about it, Im thinking its what Luke said. The statement about living and dieing makes me think that.
    Hmm. . .

But a labotomy doesn't kill you. If he wanted to die, he could've jumped off of one of those big ass cliffs. And if he merely wanted to forget, then he could've made a statement about forgetting.

Perhaps the thing that makes me think most that he really did relapse is the music at the end. That low, blasting sound of doom seemed to say, "What a tragedy that he can't keep it mentally together and will have to be labotomized."
    I heart cock

I mean, dying in the sense that, his memories would be dead.

Hmm, I don't know.

Maybe.
    I heart cock

I just rewatched the ending and it makes me believe even more he was just faking the relapse and wanted the labatomy so he would forget everything. I mean he voluntarily gets up and leads the doctors and nurses to the lighthouse knowing whats getting ready to happen. If he were just back in his marshall personality he would be fighting them telling them he was a US Marshall. He knew what the truth was and just wanted to forget it imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Exactly what I got out of he statement
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Someone get Martin Scorcese on the line. . .
    I heart cock

Interestingly enough, the IMDB board is full of threads about whether or not he was actully sane (and actually a US Marshall) or if he was insane (and the doctors were telling the truth). . .
    I heart cock

Any way you slice it, the movie was fuckin good. Good call on that X.

I need to watch it again to pick up on the little shit like dude having a hard time getting the gun off his belt.

Why did that old chick write in his book to Run? I didnt get that.

Any way you slice it, the movie was fuckin good. Good call on that X.

I need to watch it again to pick up on the little shit like dude having a hard time getting the gun off his belt.
    Yeah, I thought it kicked ass. Definitely will be picking it up on Blu Ray at some point.
    I heart cock

Also in the beginning when they get off the Ferry he's the reason all the gaurds are on edge and have their weapons drawn
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Changing gears. . .

I went and saw Repo Men this past weekend. Good movie. A little slow at the beginning, but well acted and it has some of the best action I've seen in a while during the latter half.

I didn't know Jude Law could do action.
    I heart cock