Thread: Rumor: Big Nog vs Cain

Rumor: Big Nog vs Cain

Should be a good scrap. Toss up for me.

Since the victory over Randy Couture at UFC 102, the Brazilian Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira was rumored to fight the loser of the title fight between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin, but the postponement of the bout forced the UFC to change the plans. According to Sensei Sportv’s blog, Nogueira’s manager confirmed that the Brazilian will face the undefeated heavyweight Cain Velasquez at UFC 108, which takes place at January 2. Stay tuned at TATAME.com for more news about the UFC.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Rumor: Big Nog vs Cain

Even though NOG beat Couture I was still very unimpressed with his preformance. He had Couture down 3 times and couldnt keep him down and had him in submissions twice and couldnt hold them. How is he going to fare against someone bigger ?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Even though NOG beat Couture I was still very unimpressed with his preformance. He had Couture down 3 times and couldnt keep him down and had him in submissions twice and couldnt hold them. How is he going to fare against someone bigger ?
    You have to remember who Couture is. He may be getting old, but he's still a legend. And an Olympic alternate. Give him some credit for escaping Nog's submissions and getting back to his feet.

I will have at least a unit on Nog at +anything. Cain's looked great, but he has no KO power and he hasn't faced competition on Nog's level.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    You have to remember who Couture is. He may be getting old, but he's still a legend. And an Olympic alternate. Give him some credit for escaping Nog's submissions and getting back to his feet.

I will have at least a unit on Nog at +anything. Cain's looked great, but he has no KO power and he hasn't faced competition on Nog's level.

My point was if NOG cant hold down a smaller Couture how is he going to hold down somone much bigger and stronger. Couture might be a great wrestler but last time I looked Cain was a two-time All-American collegiate wrestler .

I will have at least a unit on Nog at +anything

at plus money ,I think thats wishful thinking because NOG will be the favorite
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Probably, though I'll point out that a lot of people over at the Junkie wagering forum actually think Nog will be the underdog.

Let me ask you this, do you think Nog would've been the favorite against Cain if he had fought him after the Mir fight?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Probably, though I'll point out that a lot of people over at the Junkie wagering forum actually think Nog will be the underdog.

Let me ask you this, do you think Nog would've been the favorite against Cain if he had fought him after the Mir fight?

I think after the Mir fight he would still been the favorite ,not a big one something like -130 . Too many people know who NOG is for him not to be the favorite
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Looking forward to it.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/noguei ... -108-20846

Brazilian legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will meet the unbeaten Cain Velasquez in the UFC 108 headliner on Jan. 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The UFC on Tuesday announced the showdown, which will determine a future challenger for the promotion’s heavyweight crown.

One of the sport’s most decorated and respected superstars, Nogueira has won eight of his past 10 fights, including a unanimous decision victory over UFC hall of famer Randy Couture in August. The 33-year-old remains the only man to hold the heavyweight title in both Pride Fighting Championships and the UFC. Nogueira has defeated five former UFC champions -- Couture, Mark Coleman, Tim Sylvia, Josh Barnett and Ricco Rodriguez -- and holds other notable victories against 2006 Pride open weight grand prix winner Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and two-time Olympian Dan Henderson.

Velasquez, arguably the fastest-rising star in mixed martial arts, blew out one-time International Fight League strongman Ben Rothwell in the UFC 104 co-main event in October. Based at the American Kickboxing Academy, he has finished six of his first seven opponents. Velasquez was a two-time All-American wrestler at Arizona State University.

The Nogueira-Velasquez victor will likely meet the winner of the upcoming bout between UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin. That fight has been postponed twice, as Lesnar recovers from mononucleosis.

A light heavyweight matchup pairing former champion Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva was also announced for UFC 108.

Evans, a coach on the current season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series, has not competed since he surrendered his title to Lyoto Machida at UFC 98 in May. Silva, meanwhile, will enter the pivotal 205-pound tilt off his technical knockout victory over Evans’ teammate, Keith Jardine, at UFC 102.

I'm going to step away from any betting logic for a sec and say I would love it for Nog to sub Cain then beat the hell out of Brock and sub him too. I wonder what Uncle Fester would have to say about Fedor then?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I wonder what Uncle Fester would have to say about Fedor then?
    That Nog was the greatest heavyweight, and the wins Fedor had over Nog in Pride were irrelevant. LOL

Cain gets out boxed on the feet and well I dont think cain will want to take nog down unless he can ensure half guard or side control... He will take the brock vs mir 2 strat. I just don't know about this fight though... probably will be picking nog for the sub...

on another note... I really dont want brock to destroy nog... owuld just break my heart

Quote Originally Posted by cward81386
    Cain gets out boxed on the feet and well I dont think cain will want to take nog down unless he can ensure half guard or side control... He will take the brock vs mir 2 strat. I just don't know about this fight though... probably will be picking nog for the sub...

on another note... I really dont want brock to destroy nog... owuld just break my heart
    Speaking purely from a betting standpoint, I'd like to for Nog to open with a very good line and then beat Cain. Then he'd go on to fight Lesnar--and my money would have to be on Brock--and then he gets destroyed by Brock.

As a fan, of course I'd want Nog to win, but I bet with my head, not my heart.
    I heart cock

Fight maybe back on

A highly anticipated heavyweight matchup between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Cain Velasquez (7-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) may take place Down Under.

Despite reports circulating today that Nogueira and Velasquez will meet at UFC 109 in Las Vegas, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the organization that the UFC is actually leaning toward booking the fight for UFC 110 in Australia.

Verbal agreements are in place for the contest, though bout agreements have not yet been finalized.

Nogueira and Velasquez were expected to meet in the main event of UFC 108 on Jan. 2, but a severe case of staph infection forced "Minotauro" out of the bout.

Nogueira has since undergone treatment for the infection and recently told MMAWeekly.com that he would be ready to fight in February – and that he would love to fight in Australia.

"In February, I think I’ll be in shape," Nogueira said. "I'd love to fight in Australia. If they put me on the card, I would love to fight there."

Prior to the cancellation of the Jan. 2 bout, UFC president Dana White announced that the winner of the contest would receive a heavyweight title shot.

"Nogueira vs. Velasquez is a great matchup between the present and the future of the heavyweight division," White stated. "Nogueira showed in the (Randy) Couture fight that he still has plenty left to offer at the top level of the game, and Velasquez was devastating in his win over Ben Rothwell, so with both guys in top form, we're definitely going to see a No. 1 contender emerge from this fight to take on the winner of the Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin title fight."

Nogueira briefly held the UFC's interim heavyweight title, which he earned by defeating Tim Sylvia in February 2008. Nogueira's lone loss in the UFC came in his next bout, a TKO defeat to Frank Mir in December 2008. The former PRIDE champion bounced back with a win over Couture in the main event of UFC 102 in August.

Meanwhile, Velasquez has long been touted as one of the heavyweight division's most-promising prospects. The American Kickboxing Academy product has earned five-straight UFC wins since debuting in April 2008.

Fight on

fight off

fights on

UFC sounds like the WWE
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP