Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Brett Rodgers

Re: Brett Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    As far as "early stoppage" goes, this picture should put that to rest. Brent Rutgers was done.
    At that point, the fight was over. No need to jump back up. But I watched it as it went down and Rogers was still fully conscious and appeared, at least to me, to be improving his position.

I'm not saying it wasn't over and for the sake of my bets I'm glad it was. But as an MMA fan, I would've liked to have seen a few more punches before it was called just to make sure.

I think it was a good stoppage imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    As far as "early stoppage" goes, this picture should put that to rest. Brent Rutgers was done.
    At that point, the fight was over. No need to jump back up. But I watched it as it went down and Rogers was still fully conscious and appeared, at least to me, to be improving his position.

I'm not saying it wasn't over and for the sake of my bets I'm glad it was. But as an MMA fan, I would've liked to have seen a few more punches before it was called just to make sure.

I think it was a good stoppage imo
    It was similar to the Maia/Marquardt stoppage imo. Sure Maia rolled right back over as if to retain guard, but the fight was over.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

It was similar to the Maia/Marquardt stoppage imo. Sure Maia rolled right back over as if to retain guard, but the fight was over.
    I'll just say that you just never know, man . . . you just never know. . .

There have been plenty of fights where if it were stopped at a particular time then everyone would've said what a "good stoppage" it was. But the ref let it go on and there was a great comeback and the guy who appeared to be finished won in the end.

I'm sure you'd agree with this.
    I heart cock

Yes, but he was in the fetal position with his hands over his head. That position says to the ref "No mas". He only rolled back over when Fedor stopped punching him. And like I said, do you think Maia/Marquardt was a bad stoppage? He rolled over immediately after Nate decided not to hit him again and was up on his feet within seconds.

I understand what you're saying though. A good recent example is Sakuraba/Galesic at DREAM 12. The beating Sakuraba was taking would've been stopped multiple times in the UFC or Strikeforce but Sakuraba endured and pulled out a kneebar. This fight doesn't qualify imo though.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit