Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Couture-Coleman Slated for UFC 109

Couture-Coleman Slated for UFC 109

Randy Couture and Mark Coleman have verbally agreed to a light heavyweight headlining bout at UFC 109 on Feb. 6 in Las Vegas, Sherdog.com has learned through sources close to the bout.

If signed, the bout will mark the first time UFC hall of famers have met in the Octagon. Both former heavyweight champions, Couture was originally slated to face Coleman at UFC 17 in May 1998 in Mobile, Ala., before the four-time Olympic alternate hurt his ribs prepping for that year’s Greco-Roman wrestling Nationals.

Instead, Coleman fought Pete Williams, a then unknown Lion’s Den protégé, and was knocked out with a head kick just past the 12-minute mark. The accomplished wrestlers’ paths did not cross again.

Couture, 46, out-clinched muay Thai striker Brandon Vera to a unanimous decision last Saturday at UFC 105 in Manchester, England. Couture is the only fighter to have held titles in both the UFC’s light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions and was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in 2006. He is also a two-time Div. I National Championships team member and a two-time NCAA Div. I runner-up for Oklahoma State University.

Coleman, 44, breathed new life into his 13-year career with a unanimous decision victory over 32-year-old “The Ultimate Fighter” finalist Stephan Bonnar at UFC 100 last July in Las Vegas. He was slated to face former 205-pound champion Tito Ortiz at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas, but withdrew with a slightly torn MCL in early October.

Coleman, who was inducted by the UFC in 2008, was Pride Fighting Championships’ first grand prix tournament champion in 2000 and placed seventh in freestyle wrestling at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. Coleman was an NCAA Div. I champion his senior year at Ohio State University.

The legendary pair wrestled one another in a freestyle match at the 1989 Olympic Festival at Oklahoma State. Coleman won the match by one point.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Couture-Coleman Slated for UFC 109

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

UFC 109: Jurassic Park

Should be a great fight, Randy by Rigor Mortis, Round 2.

Do you think they'll let Coleman bring his oxygen tank into the cage?

These guys will have a combined age of 91. Is this the first fight of the Senior's league?

Randy should be able to stick and move with his perceived boxing advantage, but at this point I'm not sure who's slower.

Coleman could take him down and pound his face in early, which is probably his only chance. I expect him to gas out watching his promo.

WAR THIS FIGHT!

This is far more interesting than Tito/Forrest 2.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

If I can get Coleman at +200 or better (which I think is possible)I probably be on him
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    If I can get Coleman at +200 or better (which I think is possible)I probably be on him
    Might be able to get him better than that even.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Might be able to get him better than that even.

Hope so .I was thinking Randy would open about -250 but I could be way off
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Damn, ya'll some disrespectul motherfuckers up in here.

Couture may have lost a step, but I can't see him losing to Coleman.

Respect the legends!
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Damn, ya'll some disrespectul motherfuckers up in here.

Couture may have lost a step, but I can't see him losing to Coleman.

Respect the legends!

I just bet a ton on Couture what you talkin about Willis

In a battle of wrestlers Coleman is the better one so any higher than 2 to 1 I'm on Coleman
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

LOL I's just makin jokes.

I got Couture via better gas tank. I will be betting on this one. I think Couture will come in around -200
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I said this line will be -250 but I wondering if it might me even higher considering Randy opened at -220 to NOG
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Couture -375

Coleman +305

I'll be on Coleman .Couture shouldnt be -375 to anyone in the UFC
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

now its

-385/+310
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Another of my gambling friends thinks Couture holds value up to -650. . .
    I heart cock

Another of my gambling friends thinks Couture holds value up to -650. . .
    -650???

thats justs silly imo

I'd pound Coleman if this was a HW fight but since its 205 I dont like it as much. At 3 to 1 or higher I'll be on Coleman 100%
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I won't take Couture at his current odds, but at the same time I really have the feeling that a bet on Coleman is dead money.

Still, if I WERE to make a play on this one it would probably be a small bet on Coleman. Maybe .25u. Just in case lightning strikes.
    I heart cock

By the way, here's my buddy's comments:

I understand Couture has lost a step but Coleman has lost 20. against Vera and Big Nog Couture was still there in the end. I'd say he had better cardio than the much younger Vera. vera quit striking in the 3rd bc his tank was empty. Thats why couture won, he kept on grinding and when they has distance (which should be Vera's time to shine) Vera dint do anything. Couture took the fight to Vera and took the fight to Big Nog all the way to the final bell even though it was obvious he was losing. Coleman gassed against Shogun & Bonner and took a beaten against Fedor. Couture would beat Bonnar also. Let me ask you if you were planning on wagering on Tito against Coleman?

Randy is one year older but I think Randy has taken better care of his body is the understatement of the year. randy's conditioning is legendary and for the most part has only competed in the States where drug testing is mandatory. In his Pride days, Coleman always has had steroids allegations swirling around him which I believe. That guy a couple of times in Pride had roid rage to the fullest. I don't see a clear path to victory for Coleman in this one. His wrestling has slipped and randy will win that battle and for me that was maybe Coleman's only single strength. Dont be surprised if this one is a TKO victory for Randy by way of his strikes and Coleman's cardio giving out. Randy value is good up to -650
    I'm not sure that I agree with everything he says here, but he's no fool. He gamble's professionally. He plays poker for a living and bets on sports on the side. So when he has something to say, I at least listen to see if it's something I'll find useful.
    I heart cock

I won't take Couture at his current odds, but at the same time I really have the feeling that a bet on Coleman is dead money.

Still, if I WERE to make a play on this one it would probably be a small bet on Coleman. Maybe .25u. Just in case lightning strikes.
    People told me when I bet Coleman vs Bonnar at +350 it was dead money.

Dont get me wrong I think Randy should win but at these odds I'm taking Coleman. I had this line at about +200 for Coleman.

Alot of what Randy does is good for Coleman. I'll make a bigger write up closer to the fight. I thought Bonnar would beat Coleman but not at -400 odds so I took Mark
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Vera gassed because Randy was laying on him .I dont think he'll be able to do that to Coleman.Just my opinion
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

People told me when I bet Coleman vs Bonnar at +350 it was dead money.

Dont get me wrong I think Randy should win but at these odds I'm taking Coleman. I had this line at about +200 for Coleman.

Alot of what Randy does is good for Coleman. I'll make a bigger write up closer to the fight. I thought Bonnar would beat Coleman but not at -400 odds so I took Mark
    Soooo glad I stayed away from that fight. Performify (the MMA Junkie picks guy) suggested a 7.2u bet on Bonnar and I came really close to throwing some cash out there. Thankfully I stayed away and kept my money.

It's hard to say what that fight really tells us, though. Was Coleman that good or was Bonnar that shitty?
    I heart cock

Peronally I thought Bonnar was that shitty is why I bet Coleman that time. I dont think Couture is shitty I just think the odds are to high this time
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP