Thread: Quinton Jackson: I'm returning to the UFC

Quinton Jackson: I'm returning to the UFC

Quinton Jackson is returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championship – to shut up Rashad Evans and UFC president Dana White.

In a post on his official Web site apparently penned by the fighter, Jackson stated he's returning to the organization to finish out his UFC contract, though he gave no timetable for his potential return.

In a September entry on the same Web site, Jackson stated he was "done fighting" and finished with the UFC.

While discussing the decision-making in the earlier post, Jackson outlined a series of events that began with his signing with the UFC, carried on until his recent decision to play B.A. Baracus in a feature version of "The A-Team," and ended with a decision to walk away from MMA.

Jackson recently coached opposite Evans on the 10th season of "The Ultimate Fighter." Team Rashad advanced seven of eight fighters past the first round, and both finalists came from his team. Evans came across as the mature, team-driven coach while Jackson was often portrayed is immature and aloof.

"I've noticed that the UFC and 'TUF' have some fans brainwashed or something," Jackson wrote. "They still haven't realized yet that the TV show is just a TV show. I did my job by entertaining people, and if you ever paid any attention to me, that's what I'm known for doing."

White made no secret of his disdain over Jackson's decision to take "The A-Team" gig and hold up what was supposed to be a post-"TUF" coach vs. coach fight with Evans at UFC 107. The event, which now features a headliner of lightweight champion B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez, was booked in Jackson's hometown of Memphis, Tenn., and takes place next week without Jackson.

"I wanted to let my fans know that I'm going to come back to the UFC [to] finish my contract – not because the haters are talking [expletive] about me being scared of Rashad ... or anybody else. I'm coming back for my fans and to shut Rashad's mouth up and shut Dana's mouth up. Then after that I'm going back to doing movies, and I might do a boxing match once a year just to stay in shape."

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported last month, White predicted such a return.

"I'm sure we will," White said bluntly when asked if he expected to see Jackson back in the octagon. "Rampage is under contract with us, and this is where he makes his money."

Jackson (30-7 MMA, 5-1 UFC), a former UFC light heavyweight champion, won his belt from Chuck Liddell but eventually lost it to Forrest Griffin. Among much fanfare, the PRIDE veteran joined the UFC in 2007.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Quinton Jackson: I'm returning to the UFC

Most shocking news of the year.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Re: Quinton Jackson: I'm returning to the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Most shocking news of the year.

yeah right lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP