Thread: Bones Jones / Vera in March

Bones Jones / Vera in March

I know Luke posted this in another thread, but I wanted to get thoughts on this matchup.

Jon Jones and Brandon Vera will meet in a light heavyweight headliner at a UFC event on March 21 in Denver, Sherdog.com has learned from multiple sources.

The event and its venue have not been officially announced by the promotion yet, though Sherdog.com has learned the event will air live on Versus.

Versus, which broadcasts the UFC’s sister promotion World Extreme Cagefighting, announced on Monday that it would air two live UFC events in 2010.

Vera was left without an opponent this week when Antonio Rogerio Nogueira withdrew from their featured UFC 109 contest, scheduled for Feb. 6 in Las Vegas, with a fractured ankle.

Jones had originally been offered Nogueria’s vacated slot at UFC 109, said the fighter’s manager Ryan Ciotoli, of Bombsquad Management. However, Jones’ camp requested the bout be moved to March as the fighter and his wife had just welcomed the birth of their daughter.

Vera lost a unanimous decision to UFC hall of famer Randy Couture at UFC 105 on Nov. 14 in Manchester, England. The 32-year-old kickboxer had previous victories against Krzysztof Soszynski and Michael Patt this year.

The 22-year-old Jones opened eyes with his non-traditional striking techniques, which led to a unanimous decision against “Ultimate Fighter” runner-up Stephan Bonnar at UFC 94 last January. Jones was disqualified from his Dec. 5 bout against Matt Hamill at "The Ultimate Fighter 10" finale for using illegal elbow strikes, but was dominating the bout until the referee intervened. Jones’ camp filed an appeal this week, arguing that the illegal strikes were not what had caused Hamill’s inability to continue.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Bones Jones / Vera in March

I'm excited about this one. Vera has more experience, but Jones has more talent.

My guess is the lines open close to even, but if Jones opens as an underdog then I'll bet him.
    I heart cock

Veras a bum

lol j/k I'd have to watch more videos before deciding
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Tough to call.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit