Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: New Lines Up incl. Bisping/Wanderlei!

Re: New Lines Up incl. Bisping/Wanderlei!

Let's go ahead and add 1.15u on Ellenberger @ -115. Dude looked GREAT against Condit.

And 1.25u on Daley at -110. I did a lot of research on this fight last night and I think Daley will probably take this one.

Hazelett has one way to win this fight: Submission. I think Daley will have some issues with his reach, but once he adjusts he will soundly outstrike him on the feet. Daley also has good TD defense and, while I think that Hazelett is a great BJJ guy, I'm not sure that he'll have the wrestling skills to actually get the fight to the ground or keep it there, so LnP is probably out of the question. Daley is powerful as fuck and I think he will just be able to shake Hazelett off. We also know that Hazelett is capable of succumbing to a power shot (Koscheck).

My guess is that Daley (T)KOs him. He is the stronger, more experienced fighter. If not that, then he'll just outpoint him en route to a decision.

A sub is possible on Hazelett's part, but not to the extent the current line--which has Hazelett as the favorite--would grant.
    I heart cock

I can't agree with you about Daley.

Obviously he has the better striking, but Hazelett is a big guy who has underrated striking himself. I don't know where you're seeing that Daley has good TDD, Jake Shields managed to get him down in both rounds and he has awful wrestling. Hazelett is so dynamic he can just pull guard as well and sweep or sub from there. Daley's ground game is nearly nonexistant. Shields passed his guard like it wasn't even there. McLovin can also win a decision even if he doesn't get the sub (which he should). Daley lost a decision to freakin Nick Thompson in the MFC earlier this year.

I like Hazelett big at even money.

And yes Zak, no extra charge for the rape choke. :D
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Watch Daley VS Alessio or even Daley vs Thompson. Yes, they both got him down, but they had to work hard to do it. I have not seen every Hazelett fight out there, but I know that both with McCrory and Saraiva, his opponents WANTED to go down with him and, in fact, I think they both took him down. Even if you watch the Shield's fight Daley showed a good sprawl, especially in the second round. Please point me in the direction of a fight where I can see it, but I've never seen Hazelett rush in with a power takedown of the type that I think he'll need to use to get Daley down.

MMA is hard to call so I have no idea how this fight is going to go, but I'm thinking we'll see an ending similar to Hazelett/Kos.
    I heart cock

A few more thoughts. . .

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Obviously he has the better striking, but Hazelett is a big guy who has underrated striking himself.
    He's a TALL guy, but I don't know about big. He's pretty thin and even fought at 155 not too terribly long ago.

Hazelett is so dynamic he can just pull guard as well and sweep or sub from there. Daley's ground game is nearly nonexistant. Shields passed his guard like it wasn't even there.
    I think if Hazelett can get him down then he can win the fight. But he has to get him down. Do you remember that Kampmann tried to take Daley down and failed? And Kampmann is a good grappler who was able to take Condit down. If Daley is smart, he will stand and strike and violently resist and move away any time Hazelett gets close enough to go for a takedown.
    I heart cock

All I'm saying is Hazelett doesn't need a takedown to go to the ground. Watch the Burkman fight. Dude is so dynamic.

Kampmann only tried to take Daley down after he had already eaten about 75 left hooks. Desperation shots are just that.

All I'm saying is Hazelett doesn't need a takedown to go to the ground. Watch the Burkman fight. Dude is so dynamic.
    Haven't seen that fight. May have been one of the ones I couldn't find. I think I've seen a GIF of the finish. Crazy armbar, right?

Kampmann only tried to take Daley down after he had already eaten about 75 left hooks. Desperation shots are just that.
    That's true. It would be interesting to see what would happen if that had been Kampmann's gameplan from the beginning.
    I heart cock

Hazelett does his best work from his back. I think he will have some trouble getting Daley down. He has not shown very good takedown skills as of yet. If it stays standing, Daley is going to blast him. Sheilds is not a terribel wrestler, I think he is one of the better wrestler/grapplers out there.

All that said, this fight is too close to call for me. Gun to my head, Hazelett by sub in the 3rd after Daley gasses out a bit.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Haven't seen that fight. May have been one of the ones I couldn't find. I think I've seen a GIF of the finish. Crazy armbar, right?
    One of MMA's premier armbars to be precise.