Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you stream the UFC's?

Do you stream the UFC's?

The Fertita's are watching......

UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta testified Wednesday at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on piracy of live sports broadcasting over the Internet, and he said the UFC is potentially losing tens of millions of dollars because people are illegally streaming UFC pay-per-views online.

"Just last month, the broadcast of UFC 106 from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada, had over 271 unauthorized streams with over 140,000 views, and those are only the ones that our anti-piracy team and consultants identified," Fertitta told the committee. "There were likely more streams that we simply couldn't find."

In reality, there were certainly more streams that the UFC couldn't find: Internet piracy is a huge problem all over the world, and the 271 unauthorized streams that the UFC could find were definitely not the only unauthorized streams out there.

Fertitta said he wasn't addressing Congress to advocate for specific legislation against online piracy. Rather, Fertitta said he wanted to make Congress aware that it's a problem that will only grow without some type of action.

"I do not have sufficient mastery of the technical details to venture an opinion on how these streaming technologies will develop, but it is clear that these sites are making their money on the backs of stolen copyrighted works," Fertitta said.

One site Fertitta mentioned, Justin.tv, was represented at the hearing by its CEO, Michael Seibel. Justin.tv maintains that it doesn't attempt to facilitate illegal Internet piracy, and that it works with copyright owners to take unauthorized streams down. Fertitta said he appreciates the fact that Justin.tv has reached out to the UFC, but he said he thinks more could be done -- and that many sites are illegally profiting from the UFC's copyrighted broadcasts.

"I submit that they have deliberately chosen not to take reasonable precautions to deter the rampant infringement on their sites because they directly profit from the availability of popular infringing streams on those sites," Fertitta said.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Do you stream the UFC's?

This passed UFC was the first one I paid for in a long time.

I cant remember the last time I bought one.

even when I did I'd have 5 or 6 people split the bill.

The thing they dont realize is that 99% of the people that watch streams wouldnt pay the 50 bucks for a pay per view anyway so they arent really losing money.

Heres a better idea instead of 50 bucks for pay per view charge 10 bucks for an internet feed.

I'll pay the 10 bucks
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I cant remember the last time I bought one.

even when I did I'd have 5 or 6 people split the bill.

The thing they dont realize is that 99% of the people that watch streams wouldnt pay the 50 bucks for a pay per view anyway so they arent really losing money.

Heres a better idea instead of 50 bucks for pay per view charge 10 bucks for an internet feed.

I'll pay the 10 bucks
    LOL

You actually can buy a stream on UFC.com and Yahoo also, FOR FULL PRICE. Hell, I can buy the fights on my iPhone too, FOR FULL FUCKING PRICE. That makes no sense at all. Clearly I can only watch it by myself like that. Why the hell is it $50?

Of course, I know a few sites that I can watch a high quality pirate stream for like 4 euros if I want a bit higher quality than MMA-TV. LOL.

Like Joe Rogan said, there's no stopping the internet.

Besides, this past year I ordered 92, 97, 101, 106, and I attended 107 plus I watched 98 and 100 at a friend's house.. I believe I'm doing my part.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

UFC vows to sue individuals for pay-per-view piracy
    LAS VEGAS — Mixed martial arts fans who watch pirated internet content could soon be pressed against the cage, says the president of an industry-leading fight promotion. In a move that could signal a sea change in the viral presence of MMA — the burgeoning sport of caged pugilism — Dana White, president of Ultimate Fighting Championship, said his company is readying a legal assault on individuals and websites that deal in unauthorized content.

“When people start going to jail, people will stop doing it,” White said.

The pay-per-view industry, of which the UFC has emerged as one of the most profitable players with an estimated $349 million US in revenue last year, is the latest front in a war between consumers who want free content and entertainment companies with a product to protect.

The weapon of choice for digital thieves: streaming video websites that beam live pay-per-view signals to their home computers, free of charge.

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta testified for the US House Judiciary Committee earlier this month during a referendum on internet piracy of sporting events and said his anti-piracy team had uncovered 271 illegal streams of UFC 106 with over 140,000 viewers.

“The piracy of live sporting events is illegal, it kills jobs, and it threatens the expansion of US based companies,” he told lawmakers. “The UFC is potentially losing millions of dollars a year from piracy.”

Thus far, the music and movie industries have been at the forefront of efforts to stop the spread of online piracy. The first shot was fired in 1999, when the Recording Industry Association of America sued online file sharing company Napster for copyright infringement. Since then, the black market for content — and the technology to provide it — has exploded in popularity.

Despite massive campaigns to educate fans on the illegal practice, streaming and sharing websites have become big business, and virtually impossible to curb when hosted in countries with lax copyright laws.

In recent years, the RIAA has begun suing individuals for illegal downloading, a practice that carries on today. Hollywood has targeted websites that carry pirated movies. Last July, Warner Bros. launched a massive campaign to halt the illegal download of The Dark Knight and failed to stem a tide of leaks and links that allowed seven million people to watch the blockbuster movie, according to The New York Times.

The fight industry has by and large limited their anti-piracy efforts to the online equivalent of a cease-and-desist, contacting websites that carry illegal content with a notice that they are in violation of copyright laws. Websites like Justin.tv, one of the biggest online streaming video websites, typically remove illegal broadcast feeds, though they often harbour links to sites that carry other feeds.

An angry White said his company had been considering legal action for years but mounting losses had forced action.

“It’s going to be a battle, man,” he said. “It’s going to be a battle, but I’m ready to (expletive) fight,” he said. “We’re gonna go after them, we’re gonna go after them hard, and we’re gonna hurt ‘em.”

Lawrence Epstein, the UFC’s general legal counsel, said the company could subpoena websites that carry illegal content for the IP addresses and user information of people who watch and download UFC fights, though he declined to say when that would happen.

“We’re looking at all of our legal options, and I wouldn’t rule out anything when it comes to fighting this problem,” said Epstein.

White said the UFC’s anti-piracy team monitors illegal streams during events and aggressively pursues offending websites, though he admitted suing websites and individuals would be a costly effort.

“(Piracy) hasn’t cost us anything compared to what it’s going to cost us to go after these guys,” he said. “It’s gonna cost us a lot of money, but guess what—it’s gonna cost them a lot of money. It’s gonna get to the point where it’s like, you know what, (expletive) it, maybe we shouldn’t pirate MMA any more. These websites … you got these websites like Justin.tv, and they pirate all kinds of things. They play all kinds of (expletive) on there. Well, we’re gonna make it where it’s not worth it to put UFC events up on the website.”

And with at least 12 pay-per-view events a year — at $44.95 US a pop, $55.95 for the HD version — UFC fans may be forced to ask if it’s worth it. Currently, the promotion has two authorized providers of internet pay-per-view—UFC.com, and Yahoo! Sports, at the same price as the standard television broadcast. Epstein says the internet price is mandated by the promotion’s contract with pay-per-view providers like DirecTV and DISH Network and cannot be lowered.

Epstein says an average of eight to ten people split a legal UFC pay-per-view broadcast, bringing the price down to around $5 a head (plus beer and pizza), and events are often available in bars and clubs around the city. But for many fans under 21 — the so-called “Generation Wired” — the choice is simple.

UFC commentator Joe Rogan understands the promotion’s plight but thinks an internet crackdown is an unnecessary step.

“I think that kind of stifles innovation,” he said. “It stifles the direction the internet is going. I like things being out there. I think people are always going to buy UFC pay-per-views. You’re going to get a much better experience watching it on your television than all stretched out looking fuzzy and pixilated.

“They’re trying to protect their money, but the internet is a strange animal.”

Epstein said the UFC had joined a coalition of major sports franchises including the NFL, MLB, and NCAA, and planned to lobby lawmakers to get tough on piracy.

“Are there always going to be people that are going to steal? Yeah,” said Epstein. “There are going to be people that rob convenience stores and banks, too. You can put up bars, you can put up cameras, but people continue to do bad things. You’re not going to stop all of it. I think this is about stopping the good majority of law-abiding citizens, who without education, might not understand that what they’re doing is not the right thing to do.”

http://www.vancouversun.com/exclusive+v ... story.html

Dana can eat my ass
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I think that if they actually start suing individual fans then that shit's not going to go over well at all. Metallica lost a lot of fans over their crusade against Napster. The UFC should pay attention.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I think that if they actually start suing individual fans then that shit's not going to go over well at all. Metallica lost a lot of fans over their crusade against Napster. The UFC should pay attention.

i agree .Personally I just wouldnt watch it ad then watch a replay of the fights the next day somewhere.The article said 140k people were watching online. How many of those people do you really think would have bought the event if they couldnt watch it online?
    Not many imo

Good luck tracking me Dana i have a different IP address everytime I start up my computer
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by zY|

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Classic zY

Good luck tracking me Dana i have a different IP address everytime I start up my computer
    When I look at all the ip's you post from, its two pages long. Your gonna be a real pain in the ass If I ever have to ban you.

LOL just saw this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak

When I look at all the ip's you post from, its two pages long. Your gonna be a real pain in the ass If I ever have to ban you.

LMAO
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Shit gets real. . .

The UFC has already made good on their recent threats to take action against pay-per-view piracy, suing a Massachusetts bar and it's owner.

The suit alleges that Derek Brady, owner of The Draft bar in Allston, Mass. showed UFC 104 at his establishment without paying the necessary licensing fees. The UFC requires that commercial establishments pay a fee of $500-$1500 (depending on the seating capacity) for closed circuit viewing.

According to an eyewitness, the bar owner was seen hooking up a laptop computer to a television in the bar and showed UFC 104 live on Oct. 24. The UFC is seeking the maximum allowable damages, $640,000 (plus legal fees) in the suit against The Draft and Derek Brady.

“This is a situation where a bar has illegally taken our pay-per-view signal without purchasing it through our exclusive closed-circuit providers,” said Lawrence Epstein, the UFC’s attorney. The UFC has a team of auditors that solely look for establishments that broadcast their events and have not paid the appropriate licensing fees.

Mr. Brady's attorney insists that his client is not at fault, "A patron walked into the establishment and downloaded a paid event on their own laptop without any knowledge or permission of the establishment,” attorney Tammy Arcuri told the Boston Herald.

In an interview with the Vancouver Sun this week, Dana White warned of upcoming legal action against anyone caught illegally broadcasting any UFC event . The revenue that piracy has cost the UFC is not completely known,but UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta testified for the US House Judiciary Committee earlier this month during a referendum on internet piracy of sporting events and said his anti-piracy team had uncovered 271 illegal streams of UFC 106 with over 140,000 viewers. Those numbers are assumed to be a mere fraction of the actual amount of pirated streams, potentially costing the organization tens of millions of dollars per event.

As a business, the UFC is making a stance by protecting what is legally theirs. Going after commercial establishments is merely the first step. Those that pirate UFC PPV's online are in the cross-hairs as well. Lawrence Epstein, the UFC’s general legal counsel, said the company could subpoena websites that carry illegal content for the IP addresses and user information of people who watch and download UFC fights, though he declined to say when that would happen.

“We’re looking at all of our legal options, and I wouldn’t rule out anything when it comes to fighting this problem,” Epstein told the Vancouver Sun.
    http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1928 ... -bar-owner
    I heart cock

What a fuckin punk to snitch the guy out.

All Dana is going to do is piss off people and lose fans .Instead of making more money hes going to lose money.For example I buy 1-2 a year on average and watch the rest online,if he's going to be a bitch and try to shut all the online feeds down then I'm not even going to buy the 1-2 a year that I do now. I'm sure most people will do the same

Like I said good luck finding me Dana
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^That, and the people that were watching streams weren't going to buy it anyways. Now either they'll continue streaming or the scare tactics will work and they'll stop streaming, and probably end up losing interest in the sport altogether. Won't buy any merchandise, won't go to any shows, won't watch TUF.

Ask the RIAA and MPAA how well sueing individuals worked out. Nobody downloads music and movies anymore right?

Also, Metallica's image was surely helped by attacking Napster and going after their fans.

What are the best ways to hide your IP?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    What are the best ways to hide your IP?

proxy

Go to google and type in proxy ,then go to the site and type in the website you want to go to and it will mask your IP
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP