Thread: Davis/Baroni Likely For UFC 111

Davis/Baroni Likely For UFC 111

http://www.mmamania.com/2009/12/22/1212 ... is-vs-phil

Hard-hitting (and crowd-pleasing) welterweights, Marcus Davis and Phil Baroni, have verbally agreed to throw leather at UFC 111 from the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on March 27, 2010.

The promotion has made no official announcements about the 170-pound match up or the actual pay-per-view (PPV) event at this time; however, that's expected to change very soon.

More on this breaking news in a bit.

UFC 111 is expected to feature a 170-pound title defense by promotion superstar Georges St. Pierre as "Rush" answers the call of British striker Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy. Heavyweights Frank Mir and Shane Carwin are also expected to collide in an interim title match while Brock Lesnar recovers from recent surgery.

Stay tuned to MMAmania.com for more updates on this still-developing fight card.

Wow, no breaks for Baroni here. I think Davis wins this fight without a whole lot of trouble as long as he can stay away from the danger zone in the first 2 minutes. I'm hoping the fact that Davis is himself coming off of a pretty bad loss will keep his price down. I like him at anything -200 or better for sure.
    I heart cock

Re: Davis/Baroni Likely For UFC 111

Is this a one rounder?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Is this a one rounder?
    LOL.

To favor Baroni, it would need to be one 2-minute round.

Like I said, as long as Davis can stay out of danger in the first few minutes then he will be able to have his way with Baroni after that.
    I heart cock

BEST EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    BEST EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

For about a minute and a half
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Several reports including one from MMAMania.com which stated Phil Baroni and Marcus Davis had agreed to fight at UFC 111 appear to be false.
    Baroni has said that he still is not healthy following the beatdown he received at the hands of TUF 7 winner Amir Sadollah at UFC 106.
    Baroni is planning on taking some time off to change and that will include a change of scenery.
    According to MMAWeekly.com:
    The Long Island, N.Y. native said he wanted to move from his adopted home of Las Vegas to experience different training camps, most notably, a possible permanent move to San Jose, Calif. for a permanent residence with American Kickboxing Academy. In the past, Baroni has trained often with the camp for hard sparring.
    Big changes were in store, he assured.
    “I can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results,” Baroni said.
    He hoped to link up with Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields, who trains often with AKA.
    Chief among Baroni’s goals was to reduce his walk-around weight. Two days before his fight with Sadollah, he was 25 pounds from the welterweight limit.
    Baroni had no answer when asked when he would be ready to step back into the octagon.
    “I haven’t had fun training in a long time. A lot of people were asking me, ‘how does it feel to be back in the UFC?’ I was like, no different. Just like any other fight. At this point in my life, it’s just become my job. That’s the problem. It’s like punching the time clock to go train. It’s not fun at all. It hasn’t been fun at all. It’s just been miserable. I’ve just got to find fun and be happy. Not to just feel like I have to go train….(expletive) that.”

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Man, if that's true, then that sucks! I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to this fight! Even beyond the money I feel I could make off of it, I just think it has the potential to be a very exciting fight.

I would like to see Baroni get a win, though. If this fight doesn't go down, hopefully they can find someone who sucks enough to lose to him.
    I heart cock

Baroni is such a clown, I think I saw his only submission victory at Pride 32 (?) in Vegas and he didn't even know what it was called. The guy will never change and never win against quality opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by popinjay
    Baroni is such a clown, I think I saw his only submission victory at Pride 32 (?) in Vegas and he didn't even know what it was called. The guy will never change and never win against quality opponents.

He's more of a freak show at this point in his career
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP