Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

Re: Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Fuck both of these pricks.

Mayweather for making increasingly ridiculous demands and Manny for refusing. These clowns will be fucking Oprah rich after this fight and they're arguing about drug testing.

Ludicrous.

I expected this answer from you lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    You seem to sympathize wih people that have drug,alcohol ,and depression problems for one.
    Well that's because a lot of friends/family has had drug/alcohol/depression problems and I myself deal with depression a good bit too, even to the point where, though I don't think I'd actually go through with it, I think about suicide quite a lot.

You get on me for watching streams instead of paying because paying is the right thing to do to support the fighters.
    This is a tough one. I watch streams sometimes. I think my view on it probably comes down to a person's financial resources. If you're broke and can't afford $50, then I can understand that. I used to always pay for my PPVs. However, I've had to take a substantial cut in my hours/pay since Igot back into school and don't really have much extra money at all. Now I try to go to the bar (the most ethical choice if you can't afford it, in my opinion), but if I can't find anyone to go with then I'll usually find a stream.

I guess the bottom line for me is that if you're broke, then stream it. But if you have the money and are just cheap, then buy it. The quality's better anyway and there's really no disputing that the reason the UFC is able to pay their fighters a lot more money now than 10 years is because the company is making more money. So more revenue does = higher fighter pay.

I just thought you were a kinder person than me and would object to someone cheating in a fight
    As for me being a kinder person, well, in some ways I can actually be kind of a prick. Even though I do (usually intellectually) sympathize with people who are fucked up, I still have a tendency to be kind of judgmental about a lot of things and have a hard time putting my intellectual convictions into action. I lose my patience with certain types of people pretty easily.

As for performance enhancers, hmm, this one's difficult because I think that roid use is extraordinarily rampant in combat sports. In fact, I often imagine fighters sitting around in the locker room and talking about what they're cycling, but no everyone keeps quiet to the media. Perhaps eventually MMA's Jose Conseco will come along and open the lid on the whole thing, but until that time it's just speculation. But when I hear about a fighter using roids, I generally just think that he's doing what he's gotta do to keep up with everyone else who is doing the exact same thing. In that sense, it's not cheating, it's just leveling the playing field.
    I heart cock

I expected this answer from you lol
    We always get the best soundbites from zY about the Manny/Mayweather situation.
    I heart cock

Looks like we may be back in business. Hopefully they'll get it worked out. . .

The richest fight in boxing history came perilously close to being cancelled until Manny Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, agreed to Floyd Mayweather's request that his fighter be blood-tested for performance-enhancing drugs.

The fight is tentatively set for 13 March, probably in Las Vegas. An announcement was to be made in New York on 6 January, as both parties, defying precedent, had come to quick agreement over splitting the $50m (£31.3m) purse, the division of pay-per-view revenues that might reach $150m and the 147lb weight limit.

Then Mayweather yesterday repeated suspicions voiced several times recently by his father, Floyd Sr, that Pacquiao has taken performance-enhancing drugs, an allegation the fighter strongly denies. They wonder how the WBO welterweight champion has kept his phenomenal punching power in rising up through seven weight divisions over 14 years, and asked for Olympic-standard, random pre-fight blood tests.

"I have already agreed to the testing," Mayweather said, "and it is a shame he is not willing to do the same. It leaves me with great doubt as to the level of fairness I would be facing in the ring that night."

Arum told Reuters last night: "My gut feeling is Mayweather doesn't want to do the fight and this is his excuse. Period."

Arum's first reaction to the ultimatum was: "As far as I'm concerned, the fight is off." Within hours he had offered a compromise deal, one that Mayweather would be foolish to reject unless he wants to scupper a fight that could generate as much as $200m. "Manny will submit to as many random urine tests as requested," said Arum, who wants the testers used in the NFL, NBA and Major League Baseball. "Regarding the blood tests, he will subject himself to three tests, one given in January during the week the fight is formally announced, one 30 days from the fight, no later than 13 February, and the final one immediately following the fight, in Manny's locker room."

Golden Boy Promotions, which acts for Mayweather, says urine tests do not detect Human Growth Hormone, while the Olympic-standard blood tests they want do. Medical opinion is divided on the subject. Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, has dismissed the allegations as mischief-making. He said in an interview with ESPN this month: "Mayweather's side wanted it because the expert over there, Mayweather Sr, says Manny is on steroids to get bigger. They're scared of Manny and scared of his power. He'll pass any test in the world."

Pacquiao and Mayweather have had remarkably similar growth patterns. Both weighed and fought at 106lbs when 16, Mayweather as a Golden Gloves amateur star, Pacquiao as a skinny street kid in the Philippines. Pacquiao made his pro debut at the weight in 1995, and worked his way through the world's best in the lower weight divisions until moving to Los Angeles in 2001 to join Roach at his Wild Card gym, where his strong body filled out through improved nutrition and training methods.

Then he started to take on bigger fighters, such as Juan Manuel Márquez in 2004 and the super-feather warrior Erik Morales, followed by Marco Antonio Barrera, David DÃ*az, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and, most recently, Miguel Cotto, hardening the perception that he carries his power up through the weights.

This CV is not dissimilar to Mayweather's. Mayweather too has moved effortlessly through a gilded amateur and professional career from the same weight base, winning six pro world titles at five weights, and is clearly the bigger fighter of the two. Wrecking Pacquiao-Mayweather, for whatever reason, would amount to the most grand commercial folly. A resolution is expected imminently.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/de ... ug-testing
    I heart cock

good I cant wait to make money by taking Money
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I guess it was just a ploy to get more chatter about the fight. It worked.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Manny suing Mayweather

Pacquiao, angered by accusations from the Mayweather camp that he uses performance-enhancing drugs, said he would file a defamation lawsuit against Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions.

"Enough is enough. These people, Mayweather Sr., [Mayweather] Jr. and Golden Boy Promotions, think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs," said Pacquiao, who denied that he has ever used any banned substance and has passed all of his drug tests. "I have tried to just brush it off as a mere pre-fight ploy but I think they have gone overboard."
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I really think this is all hype to sell the fight more.

This is just getting silly.

By the way, didn't Mayweather also start his fight career at the same weight Manny started his? That's what I've heard. If that's true, what's the big deal about Manny moving up in weight?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I guess it was just a ploy to get more chatter about the fight. It worked.

I'm starting to think thats all this crap is
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I saw that Pac is fighting some mandatory on March 20th now.

Manny Pacquiao and his partners have had enough of Floyd Mayweather's out of the ring antics, including Mayweather's allegations that Pacquioa may be taking illegal steroids and demanding olympic-style testing. Today, they officially released this in the press:

"Enough is enough. These people, Mayweather Sr., Jr., and Golden Boy Promotions, think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs. I have tried to just brush it off as a mere pre-fight ploy but I think they have gone overboard, said Pacquiao in Tagalog while celebrating Christmas with his family here.

Libel, slander and defamation suits are being readied against the accused to once and for all clear out Pacquiaos good name and character. This week, Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions came out with a press release threatening to put a stop to the projected biggest fight in boxing history between the two top pound-for-pound fighters in the world, by asking too many unrealistic and unprecedented items on the bargaining table, including that of an Olympic-style drug testing."

"I maintain and assure everyone that I have not used any form or kind of steroids and that my way to the top is a result of hard work, hard work, hard work and a lot of blood spilled from my past battles in the ring, not outside of it, added the Filipino champion who just turned 31 a week ago. I have no idea what steroids look like and my fear in God has kept me safe and victorious through all these years.

Now, I say to Floyd Mayweather Jr., dont be a coward and face me in the ring, mano-a-mano and shut your big, pretty mouth, so we can show the world who is the true king of the ring, said Pacquiao, who has been contemplating on filing a case against Mayweather Sr. even before the start of his Nov. 14 fight with Miguel Angel Cotto. I did not sue because I did not want to get distracted during that time because I was preparing for one of the toughest fights in my career."

Settle it in the ring!
    I heart cock

Yeah look like Manny might fight Foreman. I think its a ploy to get people to demand the fight more.They'll still fight
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah look like Manny might fight Foreman. I think its a ploy to get people to demand the fight more.They'll still fight

??
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|

??

not that Foreman you goof

Yuri Foreman .

This Foreman is white and is from Gomel, Belarus
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

ESPN just reported the Manny-Mayweather fight is off

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP