Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Published Write-Up: UFC 108

Re: Published Write-Up: UFC 108

I got Cole Miller over Dan but am not going to bet on that fight. Also, your not betting on the main event? Close to a pick'em fight, odds are decent for Thiago Silva. I got Rashad though.

Quote Originally Posted by beatthebookiesMMA
    I got Cole Miller over Dan but am not going to bet on that fight. Also, your not betting on the main event? Close to a pick'em fight, odds are decent for Thiago Silva. I got Rashad though.
    I'd like Rashad at -180 and Silva at +200.

I honestly think that Rashad will win, but his line sucks.
    I heart cock

I really hope Rashad wins. If he doesn't I'll be forced to admit that Thiago Silva is a legit fighter, and I just don't think I'm prepared to accept that.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I really hope Rashad wins. If he doesn't I'll be forced to admit that Thiago Silva is a legit fighter, and I just don't think I'm prepared to accept that.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I heart cock

I think Rashad will win pretty handily... I took him @ -185, but I would still take him at the current odds.

What is wrong with Thiago Silva... I think he's legit, what do you guys have against him? I actually have a tougher time admitting Rashad is legit.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    I think Rashad will win pretty handily... I took him @ -185, but I would still take him at the current odds.

What is wrong with Thiago Silva... I think he's legit, what do you guys have against him? I actually have a tougher time admitting Rashad is legit.
    His brawling standup is terrible and he gets his ass kicked in every fight. He gets knocked down by his C level opponent then baits them into the ground game, which is his only real strength and wins like that. The one top fighter he ever faced he was knocked down 3 times and finished inside of one round.

Sure he gameplanned Jardine and that was his one good win, but how hard is it to counter a guy that comes rushing at you chin first throwing Mortal Kombat uppercuts?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I know that for me, one thing is his attitude. He seems genuinely crazy and some of the shit he says makes me think that he just takes his whole thing too seriously and forgets that it's a sport. Also he insulted my boy Jardine after he KOd him. That shit doesn't sit well with me.

As for his actual fighting skills, he's always struck me as a sloppy brawler without a lot of actual technique. He always gets rocked in every fight he's in and his opponents always stupidly try to go to the ground with him and give him the mount where he can pound away.

I was very happy to see Machida shut him down and I hope Rashad does the same. Like him or not, Rashad's come a long way, improved a lot as a fighter, and at least for a little while was the champ.
    I heart cock

I admit that Rashad is a top LHW, I just don't like him.

I don't care for Silva either, but I recognize that he can beat a lot of guys, I do not think he is top 10, but he is top 25.

A lot of guys manage to win without a technical striking style, it doesn't make him less legitimate. Taunting a down opponent, pretty weak... I can understand the hate there. If I didn't have money on Rashad, I would be rooting for a double KO.

I actually prefer Silva to Rashad though, attitude wise. They are both turds, but Silva is Brazilian, so I give him a pass. Rashad has no excuse.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I actually prefer Silva to Rashad though, attitude wise. They are both turds, but Silva is Brazilian, so I give him a pass. Rashad has no excuse.
    Hey, Brazil also produced Nog and Machida, two of the nicest, most honorable guys in MMA. I recently talked to someone who personally knows some of Silva's training partners, and at least according to him, they all say the guy really has a screw loose.
    I heart cock

*EDIT* Wrong Topic

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF
    *EDIT* Wrong Topic

We got a little off topic on this one.

It went from SPX's published write up of UFC 108 to talk about nijas

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

That was my mistake Luke. I posted some info about UFC 108 but then realized it was in the wrong one so I posted it in the 108 thread. That's all. Continue with the NINJAS.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF
    That was my mistake Luke. I posted some info about UFC 108 but then realized it was in the wrong one so I posted it in the 108 thread. That's all. Continue with the NINJAS.

my bad
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP