Thread: 1-1-10

1-1-10

NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: 1-1-10

Ppp

4% on NorthWestern CFB

DR BOB

**Auburn (-7.5) 35 Northwestern 20 (at Outback Bowl)
    Auburn in a 3-Star Best Bet at -7 points (at -1.20 odds or better) and for 2-Stars from -7 at -1.25 odds to -9

West Virginia (-2.5) 35 Florida St. 32 (at Gator Bowl)

Strong Opinion
    LSU 23 Penn St. (-2.5) 20 (at Capital One Bowl)

Oregon (-4.0) 26 Ohio St. 21 (at Rose Bowl)

Florida (-12.5) 32 Cincinnati 18 (at Sugar Bowl)

Brandon Lang
    75 DIME - FLORIDA GATORS - The more I looked at this game the more I realized the Gators were the right side of this game.

Let's us start with the fact this line is -13 (as I post this analysis). Who does that tell you Vegas is begging you to bet? Exactly, Cincinnati.

Next, the Bearcats shouldn't be here. Pitt should be, and the determining factor for me is the fact the Gators are going to be able to do anything they want offensively.

Urban Meyer and his announcement has got to inspire this Gator team and I believe it will.

Tim Tebow playing his last game and you had better believe he will go out a winner.

The Gators defensive coordinator Strong will coach his last game here before departing for Louisville and with his entire defense back from last year, this may be their best game.

The Bearcats haven't seen this type of pressure from a front 7 all year long and when your offensive line is going to get overwhelmed to the level they are, long day for Tony Pike.

He didn't look all that good against Pitt and trust me, the pressure he sees here is the most he will have seen all year.

Just look at Cincy down the stretch.

They struggled to beat Uconn at home 47-45, how about West Virginia at home 24-21 followed by a 13 point win over Illinois and then finally Pitt 45-44.

I want you to think about this for one moment. The UConn Huskies came into your house and put up 45 points on you. That was UConn! I'm talking about a motivated Florida team here.

A few years ago Hawaii played Georgia in the Sugar bowl with Colt Brennan and his high scoring offense, and Hawaii got blown out because Brennan had no time to throw.

Guess what, the same will be said about Pike when this game has come and gone.

Gators will win this game by 17 points or more.

25 DIME - NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS - Way too many points here.

I respect Auburn and what they have done this year, and the improvements they have made - but covering this number is a too much for them to bite off.

As impressive as Wisconsin was against Miami-Florida, and to know this Northwestern team beat them at home tells me a lot about the Wildcats.

This is a team that played their best ball down the stretch with a 17-10 win at Iowa, a 21-16 win at Illinois, and a 33-31 win over the Badgers.

The Tigers come in off the near-miss win over Alabama, and now look for bowl success and they might have a bit more speed but this is a live dog here.

In the last 2 years Northwestern has been a dog 13 times and they got the money in 10 of those 13 games, with 8 outright upsets.

That is good enough for me as the Wildcats get the job done here and cover the number.

25 DIME - FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES - Going to war with the Seminoles.

First and foremost, just not a believer in West Virginia nor anything they did all year long.

They come into this game here averaging just under 21 points over their last 5 games and the fact of the matter is I just don't trust Brown at QB for the Mountaineers.

Away from home this WVU team was just 1-3 ATS, and with all the hype surrounding this being Bowden's last game, I will go to war with that hype here.

The Seminoles come in here off a loss to the Gators and if you thought that leaves them in a letdown situation, think again, as Florida State is 10-1 SU and ATS after losing to Florida.

Lastly add the fact the ACC is a rock solid 13-3 ATS versus the Big East and for my buck, it's about Florida State this afternoon.

Been a great run Bobby, take your lap around the winners circle and enjoy being retired.

25 DIME - OHIO STATE BUCKEYES - I will roll the dice with Jim Tressel as a dog anytime anywhere.

The Buckeyes excel in the underdog role, going 4-1 ATS last 5 times getting points winning 3 of those games outright.

It has been a great run for Oregon through the Pac-10, but the fact of the matter is they haven't seen a defense like the one they see today.

There isn't a single ounce of doubt in my mind this Ohio State team is the better all around team and it's not like they haven't seen the spread, as they run a variation of it.

The key is the Buckeyes defense and the intensity in which they will play, and I will gladly back this live dog today against the Pac-10.

I've always said Tressel as an underdog is a heckuva football coach, and I expect him to once again deliver as a dog.

Get on the Buckeyes today.

FREE SELECTION - LSU TIGERS

WAYNE ROOT

3 *Northwestern (+8½) over Auburn

4* Florida State (+2½) over West Virginia

3* Penn State (-1) over LSU

had a chance to track down Root's bill and nl today...they are his bcs bgoy and bgoy selections...have to be on the rose and sugar bowls

PPP

5 oregon
    4 NW

SCOTT SPREITZER'S SITUATIONAL G.O.M.! Outback Bowl
    It's a BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS type of opener for 2010. Scott's Outback release is his SITUATIONAL GAME OF THE MONTH! Scott cashed his Shocker of the Month (Iowa State) to close 2009. Grab the winner...along with a 25-6, 81% spot! Make it yours, then kick the books sideways before they finish their Frosted Flakes!

Northwestern

SCOTT SPREITZER'S PLATINUM SHOCKER! *6-1, 86% Run!
    The BIG BOYS take center stage! Scott didn't have a typical December bowl run, but he has dominated BCS action since its inception, including 6-1, 86% winners last year. Scott won his SHOCKER GOM with Iowa State yesterday. Now get his ONLY **PLATINUM SHOCKER** of the bowl season. It's yours with a 17-3, 85% situation!

Ohio St

Ben Burns

8* FSU +2.5
    10*Under 51 Oregon/Ohio St
    10* Cinncinati +13

PPP

5 oregon
    4 NW
    Add:

2% West Virginia
    2% Penn State
    2% Florida

Larry Ness' **10** New Year's LEGEND! (2nd of 2!)
    Larry's LEGEND plays need no introduction. Previously reserved for his private clients, Ness brought his "signature selection" to the net several years ago. The results have been PHENOMENAL. Since '05, he's gone a STAGGERING 14-5 (74%) in the reg season. He was 2-0 in last year's Bowls, while a line move (UNC) got him with this year's first.

Ohio St

Wayne Root GOY's

7* Ohio St. +4
    6* Cincy +13

Root - New Years Day

Vegas Legend - Northwestern, Penn State

Millionaires - Florida State

Billionaires - Cincinnati (BCS Bowl Game of the Year)

No Limit - Ohio State (The Bowl Game of the Year)

Larry Ness

REASON FOR PICK: My *9* Massive Mismatch is on Penn State at 1:00 ET. Penn St had the perfect schedule this year to "run the table," as its toughest two games were home contests with Iowa and Ohio St. However, the Nittany Lions were outscored 45-17 and held to an average of 254.0 YPG of offense in those two games. LSU had a similar lack of success against its best opponents, losing 13-3 at home to Florida, 24-15 at Alabama and 25-23 at Ole Miss (horrible clock management in the final 30 seconds). Also, LSU was hardly impressive in an eight-point win over Washington, a four-point-win over Miss St, an eight-point win over La Tech and a three-point over Arkansas. QB Jefferson has limited a ability and Miles rarely gives him much 'rope.' RB Scott had 1,174 yards (5.4 YPC) last season but before missing the team's last three games, had just 542 YR. Scott broke his collarbone in early November and though he returned to practice Dec. 14 is questionable for this game. LSU enters the game with the nation's 108th-ranked offense, averaging a mere 309.7 YPG. The defense is typically strong (and athletic), ranking 12th in the nation in scoring defense (16.0 PPG). Penn St's offense did not get the job done vs Iowa and Ohio St and MUST step up here. RB Royster has had a good (1,104 / 5.9 YPC) but not spectacular season, while despite losing three senior WRs, QB Clark (61.9 % . 2,787 YP / 23-10 ratio) was named the Big Ten's offensive co-MVP. I expect PSU to be able to handle LSU's defense, as the Tigers allowed 293.0 YPG in their 7-1 start but surrendered 393.8 YPG going 2-2 in their last four. Meanwhile, Penn State's defense is ranked 10th nationally against the run (93.9 YPG), eighth overall (277.1 YPG) and has allowed the fourth-fewest points (11.8 PPG). Les Miles is 4-0 SU and ATS at LSU in bowl games (winning by an average of 28.5 PPG) but this year's team does not match up to his previous teams. Paterno looks to cap his 44th year by adding to his record 393 overall victories and 23 postseason wins. I expect he'll get that win led by the experience of senior QB Clark, going up against LSU's 19-year-old QB (Jefferson), who was able to dent Florida's and Alabama's defenses for just 210 passing yards in those two contests.

Good Luck...Larry
    REASON FOR PICK: My 8* Daytime Dominator is on Florida St. at 1:00 ET. Bobby Bowden's historic 44-year career as a head coach comes to a close when Florida State meets No. 18 West Virginia in the Gator Bowl. Bowden couldn't have a better setting for his last game. The game is being played close to home (Jacksonville) and FSU will face West Va, the school where Bowden coached from 1970-75 (began his career at Samford). Bowden came to FSU in 1976, going bowl-less that first season and also in '78 and '81. He hasn't missed a bowl appearance since that '81 season, as this marks FSU's 28th straight bowl game. I've never been a huge Bowden fan but his accomplishments are staggering. He won national titles in 1993 and 1999, after numerous near-misses. FSU won at least 10 games for 14 consecutive seasons (from 1987-2000), finishing in the AP's final top-five each year (the Seminoles were 152-19-1 in that span). Will FSU "win one for the Gipper?" This year's team has plenty of flaws and will be without its best player, QB Christian Ponder (68.8% / 301.9 YPG passing / 14-7 ratio), who was lost for the season due to a separated shoulder. EJ Manuel has started the last three games (2 TDPs / 6 INTs) but like the team's running game, is erratic. The defense has been awful, allowing 443.5 YPG. However, West Virginia's attack has struggled without QB Pat White. Jarrett Brown did little all season (11 TDs) with just three TD passes coming in his final seven games. He sat out most of the Marshall game and averaged a rather pathetic 153.3 YPG through the air over the team's last six games. The team's best WR is Sanders and while he has 70 catches, he's averaged a pathetic 9.6 YPC. RB Noel Devine (1297 YR on 5.8 YPC, 13 TDs) is said to bre fully recovered from his ankle problems but it's hard to ignore how mediocre he was down the stretch. He topped 100 yards in just ONE of his final five games, gaining 134 yards vs Pitt when he broke an 88-yard TD run. Take away that one play and over his last five games, Devine ran for just 297 yards, averaging 3.4 YPC. West Virginia has a veteran D (20.8 PPG allowed) but I don't believe the West Va offense will take advantage of FSU"s questionable D. Against a better opponent, I wouldn't be on a 6-6 FSU team but I believe West Va is a fraud. Note that the first four 6-6 bowl teams have gone 3-1 SU and ATS this postseason (Iowa St and Minn were both 6-6 heading into the Insight Bowl) and I expect FSU to put forth an inspired effort good enough to "upset" an overrated foe. The city of Jacksonville and the Gator Bowl Association has set aside more than three hundred tickets for former Seminole players, who will guide Bowden onto the field one final time. My "bet" is that he will be carried off the field a winner. *8

Good Luck...Larry
    REASON FOR PICK: My 10* LEGEND play is on Ohio State at 5:00 ET. Great matchup here. East vs. West. Power vs. Speed. Defense vs. Offense. Both teams deserve to be here. Led by QB Jeremiah Masoli and a potent offense the Ducks recoved from a loss at Boise State in their opener and finished the year on a 10-1 run. They averaged 37.7 points, 32.2 on the road. The Buckeyes didn't score quite as many. They weren't as far behind as you might think though. Ohio State averaged 29.2, 26.8 on the road. Like Masoli, the Buckeyes have a dual threat QB. Terrelle Pryor completed 55.8 percent of his passes for 1,828 yards, 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also rushed for a team-high 707 yards, adding seven more touchdowns. Its on the other side of the ball that the real advantage lies. The Ducks come in allowing 23.6 points per game. That number climbs to 28 on the road. They allowed 382.6 yards in those games. The Buckeyes come in allowing only 12.2 points and 262.5 yards per game. Unlike Oregon, Ohio State actually played better defense away from home. On the road, they allowed 11.4 points and 261.8 yards. That's nearly 17 points and 120+ yards less that the Buckeyes allowed on the road, than the Ducks. Checking out some stats shows that the Ducks were 2-3 ATS as favorites in the -3.5 to -10 range. That's nothing new for Oregon. The Ducks are just 18-34-3 ATS the last 55 times they were favored in that range. With a great defense every season, the Buckeyes are generally tough in the underdog role. They were underdogs in the Fiesta Bowl last year and easily covered, losing by three vs. Texas. This year, they've been underdogs twice. They covered vs. USC - losing by three in a game they should have won. More recently, they beat Penn State outright. They get it done again here. *10

BIG AL's 93% (14-1 ATS) SUGAR BOWL WINNER; FLA/CIN

At 8:30 pm, our selection is on the Cincinnati Bearcats plus the points over Florida. This is a great matchup between two teams that have a combined record of 24-1, yet the focus is more on the coaches than the players. Urban Meyer stunned the sports world when he announced he would step down as coach of Florida due to health concerns, but he reversed himself days later (and will now just take a sabbatical after this game). Cincinnati's coach, Brian Kelly, bolted for Notre Dame days after this Sugar Bowl matchup was announced. So, co-ordinator Jeff Quinn will handle the head coaching duties today (and Central Michigan's Butch Jones will take over next season). Interestingly, immediately after Urban Meyer announced he would retire, the pointspread spiked from -10 to -12.5 points, ostensibly because bettors were wagering on Florida to try to win one for its outgoing coach. But now he's announced he's not really going anywhere, and the spread is still sitting around 12.5. I'll take that extra pointspread value with Cincy. Also, Florida really did hope it would be playing in the BCS Championship game, as it was ranked in the Top 2 for the entire season (unlike, say, Cincinnati which was always on the outside looking in on Florida, Texas, Alabama and even TCU). So, although Cincinnati would have loved to have caught some breaks, and played for a national championship, it never really had that expectation. But Florida did, until it was upset in its final game by Alabama. And College teams that start the season 5-0 or better are awful bets in the game immediately following that first defeat. I refer to this as my "Bubble Burst" system as teams suffer huge letdowns after their national championship hopes are dashed by a first loss. And it doesn't matter whether it's a regular season, or a bowl game: These teams still burn money. Indeed, I have a great 68-27 ATS system which encapsulates this theory (my angle also has a few other elements which make it pop). Finally, one-loss or undefeated bowl teams, priced from +7 to +13 points are an awesome 14-1 ATS since 1987 if they're off a win, and playing at home or on a neutral field. Take Cincinnati. Good luck as always...Al McMordie.

BURNS

his # 1 total is Alabama under
    Main Event is Cincy
    Blue Chip is Ohio St under
    Game of year is TCU

DR BOB
    Friday College Opinion
    Drake (+15) over WICHITA STATE
    Rotation #715 - 5 pm Pacific
    Wichita State ended their 9 game win streak with a 57-72 loss at Illinois State on Tuesday and that loss sets up the Shockers in a very negative 2-39 ATS subset of a 16-68-1 ATS situation tonight. As much as I love that angle, the line on this game is a bit low, as my ratings favor Wichita by 16.7 points. I'll lean with Drake at +15 points and I'd take Drake in a 2-Star Best Bet at +16 points or more.