Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: 108 Bets

Re: 108 Bets

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Wow, guys. Sorry I missed this party and I'm so late to chime in. I was at the bar and just got home.

Looks like most of us made out like bandits (sorry HOF! you got 'em next time!). Congrats zY, Scientist . . . you ever get on anything Luke? I'm not seeing that you did.

Personally, this is the BEST event I've ever had. Late bets on Miller and Evans came through for me. (Scientist, I can honestly say that your recommendations on those are what pushed me over the edge.)

+6.85u overall. Obviously, I can't complain.

Great work guys!
    That's a nice feeling.

Glad to be of persuasion... I am happy to take credit for wins, but I am not responsible for losses.

I made scored 6.5 units, righting the ship after sok and a little something for my efforts.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist

Congrats... welcome to the world of degenerate gamblers, addict.
    Enablers!! You are all enablers!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by triathlete
    I am still in Vegas and posting from my phone. I will post my unit +\- breakdown later.

I was 4-1. Had Daley. Ellenberger, Kampmann, JDS win for me. For some dumb reason I put a last-minute unit on Ludwig (who looked crap).

My friend (who knows nothing about MMA and blindly picked) was 2-3 on the same fights.

Not a bad first sports bet adventure.

Good job!

I can see why you'd pull the trigger on Ludwig at the prices you could get him at. Going a full unit's probably the only thing I'd have some issues with, but maybe if I did a full unit on dogs a little more often it would actually boost my profits.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    SPX, Ill be sure to bump your thread over at sherdog to point out how you did to that smart ass with the big words that said you dont know shit.
    Fuck that guy.

JDS/Yvel being an "even fight" . . . Kampmann being in a fight against Volkmann that he is "unlikely to win."

LOL.
    I heart cock

Glad to be of persuasion... I am happy to take credit for wins, but I am not responsible for losses.
    It was a combination of finally being able to get some lines that I thought were acceptable and your advice. If I hadn't known that you were already endorsing both guys I may have stayed away. It's hard to say.

I made scored 6.5 units, righting the ship after sok and a little something for my efforts.
    Good job. I was watching the fight at the bar last night and even mentioned to a friend of mine that you had a lot of cash on that fight. Normally I'd have rooted for Ludwig just because he was the underdog and I don't have any special affection for Miller, but I definitely didn't want you to lose two big bets in a row. That would suck.
    I heart cock

I am betting so low to start (1-2$) that I can't go lower. Once I get the hang, I'll move up.

JDS brutalized Yvel.

Wow, guys. Sorry I missed this party and I'm so late to chime in. I was at the bar and just got home.

Looks like most of us made out like bandits (sorry HOF! you got 'em next time!). Congrats zY, Scientist . . . you ever get on anything Luke? I'm not seeing that you did.

Personally, this is the BEST event I've ever had. Late bets on Miller and Evans came through for me. (Scientist, I can honestly say that your recommendations on those are what pushed me over the edge.)

+6.85u overall. Obviously, I can't complain.

Great work guys!

I had ten buck on Silva just for shits
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Looks like most of us made out like bandits (sorry HOF! you got 'em next time!).
    Actually I did well for the event. All of my picks were in the UFC 108 discussion thread.

2-2 +5.5u on fight picks, lost the little prop on JDS for .5u, so ended the night +5u!

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF
    Actually I did well for the event. All of my picks were in the UFC 108 discussion thread.

2-2 +5.5u on fight picks, lost the little prop on JDS for .5u, so ended the night +5u!
    Ah, well congrats!

All I saw was what you posted earlier in this thread:

I love Jensen tonight, +300 is ridiculous.

5Dimes currently has JDS at +1350 to win a decision. I put .5u on it at +1550. Yvel can definitely take a beating. The fight has a chance to go all 3.
    I heart cock

[quote=SPX]
    It was a combination of finally being able to get some lines that I thought were acceptable and your advice. If I hadn't known that you were already endorsing both guys I may have stayed away. It's hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by "MMA_scientist":3j508dzc
    Good job. I was watching the fight at the bar last night and even mentioned to a friend of mine that you had a lot of cash on that fight. Normally I'd have rooted for Ludwig just because he was the underdog and I don't have any special affection for Miller, but I definitely didn't want you to lose two big bets in a row. That would suck.[/quote:3j508dzc]

I appreciate that... I consider you my future co-worker (when I pull the plug and go FT in a couple years) and wish you nothing but the best.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    SPX, Ill be sure to bump your thread over at sherdog to point out how you did to that smart ass with the big words that said you dont know shit.
    Fuck that guy.

JDS/Yvel being an "even fight" . . . Kampmann being in a fight against Volkmann that he is "unlikely to win."

LOL.
    Haha yeah that guy was a pretentious douche.

Both fights were ended dominantly in the first round, right?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I appreciate that... I consider you my future co-worker (when I pull the plug and go FT in a couple years) and wish you nothing but the best.
    Pull the plug and go FT?
    I heart cock

Great job everyone

ZY,SPX, MMA scientist, Hoff,triathelete

Great job guys

If I hadnt been so busy with bowl games I would have been right there with you
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Pull the plug and go FT?

full time betting I'm guessing
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Haha yeah that guy was a pretentious douche.

Both fights were ended dominantly in the first round, right?
    Damn right!

I hope that motherfucker remembers our conversation, too. Maybe he won't be so quick to think he's the shit next time.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    full time betting I'm guessing
    That's what I'm assuming. I actually hope to do that at some point. I'd love to be able to do it within two years, but that's probably unrealistic.
    I heart cock

Yeah, earning a full time living wagering on mma. That's the goal.

5 years is probably more realistic for me... I am pretty conventional guy, I am a self employed attorney, and I make a pretty nice living. I have a wife and kids and a mortgage, the whole nine. So I have a lot of responsibilty, and have a lot of income to replace. I am thinking of going half time if I can build my bankroll enough in a few years.

My goal is make 3-5% per month and live off it, at least partially. I have the fantasy of just training and watching mma and flying out to vegas every few weeks to make my bets.

You know in HS when the guidance counselor asked what you would do if money was no object... well this is it. I know it can be done. I know I can do it... the only issue is if I will have the discipline.

So anyone that helps me get there... I fully support and consider my colleague.

Yeah, earning a full time living wagering on mma. That's the goal.

5 years is probably more realistic for me... I am pretty conventional guy, I am a self employed attorney, and I make a pretty nice living. I have a wife and kids and a mortgage, the whole nine. So I have a lot of responsibilty, and have a lot of income to replace. I am thinking of going half time if I can build my bankroll enough in a few years.

My goal is make 3-5% per month and live off it, at least partially. I have the fantasy of just training and watching mma and flying out to vegas every few weeks to make my bets.

You know in HS when the guidance counselor asked what you would do if money was no object... well this is it. I know it can be done. I know I can do it... the only issue is if I will have the discipline.

So anyone that helps me get there... I fully support and consider my colleague.
    I hear you on that fantasy. I have a few similar ones of my own. One reason I WISH I could be at the point of at least making enough for myself to live decently on within 2 years is because I recently started back to to school and I'd love to be able to do nothing but focus on that for the last two years of my education without having to get up and go punch someone's time clock.

I'm 27 and all on my own. No wife, no kids, just me. So my financial needs are less than what yours are obviously.

Hopefully it will happen for both of us in due time.
    I heart cock

If I was alone, I would have already done it (because I would have a hella lot more money to dump in to my bankroll)... As it stands now, I just decided I will build from nothing, but if things continue going well I might dump some more of "my own" money in. I have never added a dime since my initial deposit.