Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 20

Re: UFC Fight Night 20

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Unrelated:

When do you guys think the undercard lines will come out for UFN, since it is on a Monday? I am expecting them tomorrow... but I have to be somewhere all afternoon, so I am hoping they come out in the morning or not at all.
    I heard a rumor that WEC lines were expected to come out tomorrow so would guess we'll see the UFN lines as well.

Then again, it's just a rumor so who knows.
    I heart cock

+1 on the Tuf Underdogs. I rarely take dogs, but I had Bader over Vinny Magalese in that Finale.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    +1 on the Tuf Underdogs. I rarely take dogs, but I had Bader over Vinny Magalese in that Finale.
    I also had CB Dolloway against Amir.

Where's your fucking ninja?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Where's your fucking ninja?
    I was wondering the SAME fucking thing!
    I heart cock

I will literally chinese-star your ass to DEATH.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nature boy > Ninjas

He figure-4'd Dudikoff into submission.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nature boy > Ninjas

He figure-4'd Dudikoff into submission.
    Fucking blasphemy. . .
    I heart cock

Nature boy is a can.

I am actually thinking about leaving this forum permanently after that.

Dudikoff would sai Flair in the aorta, and then rape nature boy's limp lifeless body over the turnbuckle in front of his family

Dudikoff cant cut a promo like this baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J8HC-sxiaY

.5u on Dunham at +210

Done and done.
    I heart cock

Underdog Results for December

Okay, just tallied these up.

Dennis Hallman: L -.5u
    Kimbo Slice: W +.65u
    Matt Hamill: W +1u (I know, I know, but a win's a win)
    Alan Belcher: W +.79u (I know he ended up as the fave, but I got him at slight underdog odds)
    Chris Hodecki: L -.25u
    Scott Smith: W +.4u
    Masanori Kanehara: W +.88u
    Ryan Jensen: L -.25u
    Sam Stout: W +.54u

6-3 overall. +3.26u

So there you go, good dog picks help build rolls.
    I heart cock

That's good work SPX. That sort of enlightens me a little, because I also had Stout, Belcher, and Slice picked to win as underdogs, though I did not bet them. I might start trying some smaller plays on dogs and thinking of it as a separate bankroll- only for dogs. This will keep me from going ballistic and trying to make up the losses.

This has inspired me to go ahead and drop .5u on Diaz

I might start trying some smaller plays on dogs and thinking of it as a separate bankroll- only for dogs.
    I like that idea. I might do that too. I think Ill put like $100 in bookmaker and do that. Make like $20 per play on a dog.

That will give me something to bet on, cause I dont really bet too many fights.

[quote=IWS Zak]
    Quote Originally Posted by "MMA_scientist":2f7var8i
    I might start trying some smaller plays on dogs and thinking of it as a separate bankroll- only for dogs.
    I like that idea. I might do that too. I think Ill put like $100 in bookmaker and do that. Make like $20 per play on a dog.

That will give me something to bet on, cause I dont really bet too many fights.[/quote:2f7var8i]

Yeah, this will keep me from going on tilt with my main bankroll when I lose (which I have a horrible time with- I am a total maniac, I literally die inside a litle everytime I lose a bet)... I will probably use a 20u bankroll for this project and just see what happens.

That's good work SPX. That sort of enlightens me a little, because I also had Stout, Belcher, and Slice picked to win as underdogs, though I did not bet them. I might start trying some smaller plays on dogs and thinking of it as a separate bankroll- only for dogs. This will keep me from going ballistic and trying to make up the losses.
    That sounds like a good idea. Just bet small amounts. Here's the way I usually look at it: The dollar bills in your wallet are for favorites . . . the change in your pocket is for dogs.

I 'd think it would be hard to get too upset for losing .25u when your average bet seems to be 20x that.

Hmm. . . To be honest, I'm not sure that that's the best way to start this experiment. I have 3u on Maynard and really think he's going to win this fight. But hey, who knows. Diaz could sub him again.
    I heart cock

That will give me something to bet on, cause I dont really bet too many fights.
    Do, it Zak! DO IT!

Though you may want to consider using $10 units initially so you don't hit a few bad beats on the front end and tap yourself out before you really get started. (Or maybe for you that's just too small of an amount to even get excited about.)
    I heart cock

[quote=SPX]
    That sounds like a good idea. Just bet small amounts. Here's the way I usually look at it: The dollar bills in your wallet are for favorites . . . the change in your pocket is for dogs.

I 'd think it would be hard to get too upset for losing .25u when your average bet seems to be 20x that.

Quote Originally Posted by "MMA_scientist":3kcykvgf
    Hmm. . . To be honest, I'm not sure that that's the best way to start this experiment. I have 3u on Maynard and really think he's going to win this fight. But hey, who knows. Diaz could sub him again.[/quote:3kcykvgf]

Well in my new venture, I am going to be a strict value bettor. I think Diaz has value. To Diaz, the difference between Maynard's wrestling and Guida's is not noticeable. I think Diaz has the toughness to frustrate Maynard on his feet, and could sub him from bottom. I doubt Maynard can finish him, so that gives Diaz a long time to figure something out.

Probably not, and I haven't made the bet yet, but this is how I see it.

Okay, makes sense. I don't personally think there's value in Diaz at his line, but I could be wrong, of course.
    I heart cock

With Mike Massenzio (11-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) forced off the card for unspecified reasons, UFC newcomer John Salter (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has taken his place and now meets middleweight Gerald Harris (13-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at Monday's UFC Fight Night 20 event.

Multiple sources close to the fight told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that bout agreements have been signed.

UFC Fight Night 20 takes place Jan. 11 at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va. The night's main card airs on Spike TV, though Harris vs. Salter is scheduled for the night's un-aired preliminary card.

Harris, a cast member on "The Ultimate Fighter 7" who was released after the show, recently fought his way back into the UFC and replaced injured Tim Credeur on the card. So, the Credeur vs. Massenzio fight is now a Harris vs. Salter bout.

After eventual show winner Amir Sadollah eliminated him on "TUF 7," Harris left the UFC and found plenty of success. The former IFL fighter currently owns a seven-fight win streak, which included a recent first-round knockout of former UFC fighter Nissen Osterneck in September for the Shark Fights middleweight title.

While UFC president Dana White was a guest on MMAjunkie.com Radio in November, Harris called into the show and told the UFC executive he was ready to make his octagon debut. After hearing about Harris' win streak and recent victory over Osterneck, White told him to call the offices so they could chat. Harris received a contract a few days later.

Salter makes his octagon debut with a 4-0 pro record, which followed a successful 7-0 run as an amateur. The former state high school wrestling champion and NAIA national champion (at Linwood University in Missouri) turned pro in 2007. After competing for a variety of events, including King of the Cage and Adrenaline MMA, Salter recently topped "The Ultimate Fighter 7" cast member Jeremiah Riggs via first-round TKO at an October event in Illinois.

Well holy fucking shit. Who the fuck is John Salter?

I'm just glad that Harris is still on this card. It IS going to force me to rethink my betting strategy for this fight though. I need to find something out about this Salter character.

I guess that explains why the fight disappeared from the fight card on the UFC website.
    I heart cock