Thread: Roger Huerta Likely Signing With Strikeforce

Roger Huerta Likely Signing With Strikeforce

Ok.... Yall keep asking me when my next fight is going to be. Who on here wants to really know??

My manager@jeffclarkmma and I met with scott coker and Richard Chou with strikeforce on monday. So I believe this is where...
    Source: http://twitter.com/Rogerhuerta
    I heart cock

Re: Roger Huerta Likely Signing With Strikeforce

Not sure how I feel about this.

I'm a big Huerta fan and he deserves to be among the best. With that said, this further legitimizes Strikeforce and continues to build it's increasingly impressive talent roster. There are some compelling match ups for him in SF. I'm sure he'll eventually get Melendez.
    I heart cock

I wonder why.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I wonder why.

strikeforce pays more than UFC ,that would be enough for me
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I think that could be part of it, but I also think it might have something to do with making a run at the title. Huerta wanted to be the LW champ in the UFC and I don't think it was any coincidence that he suddently lost interest in MMA as soon as he got shut down by Florian. Now he probably thinks he has a chance to be the champ in Strikeforce. And it's true, he does.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I think that could be part of it, but I also think it might have something to do with making a run at the title. Huerta wanted to be the LW champ in the UFC and I don't think it was any coincidence that he suddently lost interest in MMA as soon as he got shut down by Florian. Now he probably thinks he has a chance to be the champ in Strikeforce. And it's true, he does.

Can you blame him? More money and less top level fighters to fight.Thats like asking me if i want more money and more days off at work lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Who says they pay more?

Who says they pay more?
    Hendo.

No, seriously, I'm sure they don't pay more across the board. I mean, when their numbers are released they got guys making like $2000 to show. But I'm sure that for a big name fighters that they really want, they're often willing to go above what the UFC will pay.
    I heart cock

Who says they pay more?

I do

Cung Le got 150k to fight Scott Smith .Scott Smith got 55k .Frank Shamrock got 365k to lose to Diaz .

What do you think cheap ass Dana would have paid Cung Le to fight Scott Smith 20k each? How much would Dana pay Shamrock to fight Diaz ?Maybe 40k

strikeforce pays more
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Nthis further legitimizes Strikeforce and continues to build it's increasingly impressive talent roster.
    + juan
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I do

Cung Le got 150k to fight Scott Smith .Scott Smith got 55k .Frank Shamrock got 365k to lose to Diaz .

What do you think cheap ass Dana would have paid Cung Le to fight Scott Smith 20k each? How much would Dana pay Shamrock to fight Diaz ?Maybe 40k

strikeforce pays more
    Well again, to be fair, you are looking at individual cases. As a whole, the UFC pays more. Like I said, SF has entry level guys making $2K to show. The UFC moved past that point a while ago.

Also, I honestly do not believe that Dana would try to pay Cung Le $20K. He's a fairly big name. I think he could get a pretty sweet deal from the UFC, or at least I think he could have before getting KOd by Smith.
    I heart cock

I think your conjecure is just that, Luke. Strikeforce ain't elitexc or affliction.

I think your conjecure is just that, Luke. Strikeforce ain't elitexc or affliction.
    Well, payouts have been released so it's not all conjecture, and obviously Frank Shamrock wouldn't have gotten almost half a million dollars from the UFC. I mean, that's approaching Chuck Liddell money. So again, I think it's all on a case by case basis.
    I heart cock

Well, payouts have been released so it's not all conjecture, and obviously Frank Shamrock wouldn't have gotten almost half a million dollars from the UFC. I mean, that's approaching Chuck Liddell money. So again, I think it's all on a case by case basis.

Correct .I'm not saying every fighter gets paid more on a fight per fight basis ,I'm saying fighters get paid more in strikeforce than they would if the same fighters fought in the UFC. Thats why fighters who dont make much in the UFC are going to strikeforce .Cung Le, Frank Shamrock and others couldnt beat hardly anyone in the UFC and would get paid 20k a fight until they lost 2 fights and they would get kicked out .They can make 100k plus and fight subpar competition in strikeforce.

Now if you look at card per card comparison main event fighters probably get paid more in UFC but 99% of strikeforce fighters would never even be a main card fighter let own a main event fighter in the UFC
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Fair enough.

However I think I has more to do with the fact that Roger is more concerned with how many people see his pretty face than actually fighting at this point. SPX is gonna love that one.

Thats why fighters who dont make much in the UFC are going to strikeforce .Cung Le, Frank Shamrock and others couldnt beat hardly anyone in the UFC and would get paid 20k a fight until they lost 2 fights and they would get kicked out .They can make 100k plus and fight subpar competition in strikeforce.
    I think probably the guys who benefit most are the mid-Tier guys. Scott Smith obviously would not make $55K in the UFC. Neither would Shamrock, but he is just riding his name.

However, it's hard to say what Mousasi is making and what he would be making. (Wasn't his official pay $2,000 for his last fight?) I think the UFC would be willing to pay for him and would probably pay him more than SF.

As for Cung Le, before he got KOd by Smith and was still undefeated, I could see the UFC paying $100K+ for him.

Now if you look at card per card comparison main event fighters probably get paid more in UFC but 99% of strikeforce fighters would never even be a main card fighter let own a main event fighter in the UFC
    I wouldn't say 99%. Fedor, Mousasi, Melendez, Thomson, Shields, Overeem, Rogers, Werdum, King Mo, Diaz, Hendo, Lawler, Manhoef (now officially on the Strikeforce roster), Miller, Jacare, Zaromskis (now officially on the Strikeforce roster), and potentially T-Wood, Ishida, and Luke Rockhold would all fit in very well in the UFC and are much better fighters than a lot of the guys the UFC already has signed.
    I heart cock

However I think I has more to do with the fact that Roger is more concerned with how many people see his pretty face than actually fighting at this point. SPX is gonna love that one.
    He IS a handsome guy. I'd fuck him.
    I heart cock

Don't forget FancyPants SPX!