Thread: Belfort VS Silva

Belfort VS Silva

Word on the street is that this is going down at UFC 112.

Depending on the odds, I think Vitor may be worth a small play. He's looked great lately, finishing Lindland in 37 seconds and Franklin in 3 minutes (something Hendo couldn't do). Also, he's been training with Machida and I think that will bring something new to his game that Silva might have some issues dealing with.

I really have the feeling that Vitor has a chance in this fight and I won't bet Silva unless I just got an unreasonably good line like -200 or better. So for me, it will probably be Vitor or nothing.

Thoughts?
    I heart cock

Re: Belfort VS Silva

I'm not betting Vitor unless the odds are outrageous. Silva will frustrate him, break him, then beat him down.

Vitor's chance is his boxing and "fast hands".

Fast hands vs the best head movement and countering in mma, even better boxing, and one of mma's premiere chins doesn't seem like a good formula for Vitor, especially when you add in everything else Anderson Silva is capable of.

The win over Franklin was big, but Silva has been there and done that twice before, and beating Lindland doesn't really impress me. I've always thought he was extremely overrated. Although the method of the starching was as brutal and awesome as they come.

I like Silva to win this big. It also has the potential to start pretty slowly, as I imagine they will both be looking to counter.

And for the record I think Silva would assassinate Machida too.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Machida is not impressed with your performance, zY.

I would put something small on Vitor at +300 or better. I'm not saying he's going to win, but I think his chances are a lot better than you apparently do. He's focused and on a warpath and the first real challenger for Silva in quite a while.
    I heart cock

I like Vitor too, but there's a reason he's being fast tracked to a title shot without a single MW victory.

Yeah at +300 it'd be Vitor or nothing for me, simply because I don't like paying -500 for anyone not named Fedor.

Still though, he's not winning.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I like Vitor too, but there's a reason he's being fast tracked to a title shot without a single MW victory.
    What are you implying?

I think the reason is that there's no one else and he's looked awesome. Who else is there? The only guy is Marquardt, who I think should get his rematch, but has has lost to Silva already. You know it's bad when they're bringing in guys like Cote and Leites to fight Silva because the division is so shallow.

Also, wasn't his fight with Lindland at MW? And I know his fight with Rich was at Franklinweight, but that still counts better than him beating just about anyone else at MW, save for Marquardt.
    I heart cock

I'm implying the UFC doesn't think he could win enough to actually earn a shot, and they're right. Do you really think he would beat Marquardt?

Im looking forward to this one. Would lean towards taking Silva, but I dont know what Im gonna get out of Silva off surgery, and which Vitor shows up.

The highly anticipated match between middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort is being targeted for UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi.
    According to Tatame.com:
    The fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort is in works to take place at UFC 112, on April 10, at Abu Dhabi. Carlos Santos, leader of Emirates Team, revealed to TATAME.com that both fighters called him to train at his training center in Abu Dhabi in the days before the fight. This will be the first UFC event in Abu Dhabi, and will also have the UFC debut of the legend Renzo Gracie, against the five times welterweight champion Matt Hughes.
    Silva has been out of action since his UFC 101 destruction of fan-favorite Forrest Griffin.
    The Silva-Belfort bout was scheduled for UFC 108, however, Silva underwent elbow surgery and had to withdraw from the card.
    Since returning to the UFC, Vitor Belfort has been looked at as the next challenger for Anderson Silva’s title. Belfort ran through Rich Franklin at UFC 103 and he will now attempt to capture the middleweight gold.
    Silva vs. Franklin is sure to provide fireworks. This will be a can’t miss event.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I'm implying the UFC doesn't think he could win enough to actually earn a shot, and they're right. Do you really think he would beat Marquardt?
    Maybe. If they get into a standup war and Nate forgets that he has ground skills then I could definitely see Vitor knocking him out.
    I heart cock

LOL so no then. Remember, he leapfrogged Hendo too, a guy he had already lost to.

If the odds are high enough I'll take Belfort and I'm talking +350 high .If they are really low like -225 or less I'll take Silva
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'll just put it this way: Vitor beating Silva wouldn't be anywhere near as crazy as this shit. . .

I heart cock

So Vitor can win because shit happens. Brilliant insights, SPX.

Is it too much to ask to get a side of analysis to go along with that speculation sandwich?

Is it too much to ask to get a side of analysis to go along with that speculation sandwich?

Look Bitch, I've already said why I feel the way I do. He completely wrecked Lindland and Franklin. He's fast as fuck and obviously hits hard as hell, too. Silva prefers to stand and trade than go to the ground and this fight will start on the feet. I don't think it's that outlandish at all to think that they get into an exchange that Vitor gets the best of and knocks Silva out.
    I heart cock

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX

Look Bitch, I've already said why I feel the way I do. He completely wrecked Lindland and Franklin. He's fast as fuck and obviously hits hard as hell, too. Silva prefers to stand and trade than go to the ground and this fight will start on the feet. I don't think it's that outlandish at all to think that they get into an exchange that Vitor gets the best of and knocks Silva out.

you guys crack me up .Its like laurel and hardy in here sometimes
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX

I can fox with that.

Although it just seems far fetched when I've seen Silva take some serious, serious shots and he just stands there like it didn't happen.