UFN 20 Bets

Throw 'em up!

Maynard: 3u to win 1u
    Sadollah: 1.5u to win 1u
    Simpson: 2.5u to win 1u
    Harris: 1u to win .38u
    Dunham: .5u to win 1.05u
    Silva: .25u to win .46u

And just for fun, a SuperParlay: Wineland, Shalorus, Varner, Dos Anjos, Harris, Maynard, Sadollah, Simpson: .25u to win 7.55u
    I heart cock

Re: UFN 20 Bets

Whoops. . . Left one off:

Rafael Dos Anjos: 2.5u to win .69u
    I heart cock

A. Simpson -260: 2.5u
    G. Harris -265: 2u
    J. Silva +145: .5u
    Dos Anjos -340: Still waiting to see if I can squeeze a little more out of this one. 3u
    A. Sadollah -160: Still trying to convince myself on this one. 1u

Maynard for 3u, eh? I have this universe balancing thought in my head that he's due to win... but...

5U on A. Simpson @ -250
    5U on Dos Anjos @ -305

1U = 1% of bankroll
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by triathlete
    Maynard for 3u, eh? I have this universe balancing thought in my head that he's due to win... but...
    I think Maynard has improved dramatically since the first time they fought and it's pretty obvious at this point that Diaz has a problem with strong wrestlers. After watching Diaz/Guida and Diaz/Stevenson, it seems to be that Maynard is the only logical choice.

Why did you bet on Harris? I did as well, but it's kind of a leap of faith. There's not a whole lot of info out there in Salter.
    I heart cock

Brad Blackburn +135 (6.5u to win 8.775u)
    Rory MacDonald -215 (4.3u to win 2u)
    Nate Diaz +245 (2u to win 4.9u)
    Evan Dunham +210 (2u to win 4.2u)

Depending on how WEC goes I will be adding to MacDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Why did you bet on Harris? I did as well, but it's kind of a leap of faith. There's not a whole lot of info out there in Salter.
    Couple reasons: (I don't promise they are good ones)

1) I put 2u on him because that was the minimum bet I could place. I'm playing with dollar bills right now while I learn.
    2) He's on a little bit of a run
    3) I like his style. According to Wikipedia, he called into a radio show where Dana White was a guest, told him about his streak, and scored a 4 fight contract. I think he'll want to show Dana it wasn't a bad move.
    4) I've read opinions on a few forums that he was worth a small bet.

... that, and just trying strategies out :)

Even though I have a small bet on Silva, WAR LEBEN!

The flamboyant Chris Leben made a name for himself as the most controversial and outspoken personality on The Ultimate Fighter due to his tough-guy attitude contrasted by his propensity to shed tears. Leben's life story unfolded on television and those watching could see the the drunken train wreck that took place. Shortly after the show, the 29 year-old swore off alcohol and rebuilt his life around mixed martial arts. Unfortunately, since the transition, Leben has not experienced much success.

Now 8-5 inside the Octagon, Leben believes if he loses to Jay Silva at Ultimate Fight Night 20, he could be released from the UFC. The Oregon native is coming off two-straight losses and is a dismal 2-4 in his last six outings. Knowing what is at stake, Leben is prepared to lay everything on the line Monday Night.

"I'm going to fight my heart out," said Leben. "I love to stand up and bang with guys. This is a make it or break it for me. I have to lay it all on the line. When it comes Monday night, I'm going to go out there with bad intentions, I'm going to go out there with the belief that if I don't win, I go home. I'm not in the UFC anymore and that's not what I want. I need to win. I have to win. Expect some fireworks Monday night."

"The Crippler" is set to fight Jay Silva (5-2) who lost in his UFC debut against CB Dollaway at Ultimate Fight Night 19. Silva is primarily a striker but Leben is confident he will reign supreme wherever the fight takes him.

"If it goes to the ground we'll go to the ground," Leben said. "I see this fight as, he's tough all around but he's not really great at any one area."
    http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Ch ... e-UFC.html
    I heart cock

Why is that fight on the undercard?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Probably because Leben has been sucking lately and no one knows who Silva is.
    I heart cock

\

1) I put 2u on him because that was the minimum bet I could place. I'm playing with dollar bills right now while I learn.
    3) I like his style. According to Wikipedia, he called into a radio show where Dana White was a guest, told him about his streak, and scored a 4 fight contract. I think he'll want to show Dana it wasn't a bad move.

Well I've been gunning for Harris to get into the UFC for a while now so I hope like hell he wins this fight. He's a fucking bad ass. He should've got a shot after TUF, but shit happens, I guess.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Probably because Leben has been sucking lately and no one knows who Silva is.

No one knows who Silva is?

Quote Originally Posted by UKDonkbet
    Do they?
    I heart cock

Do they?
    Oh yeah. sure. He's a known guy. "Meanest Man in MMA" award winner

Oh yeah. sure. He's a known guy. "Meanest Man in MMA" award winner
    Interesting. I've never heard of him.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF
    Brad Blackburn +135 (6.5u to win 8.775u)
    Rory MacDonald -215 (4.3u to win 2u)
    Nate Diaz +245 (2u to win 4.9u)
    Evan Dunham +210 (2u to win 4.2u)

Depending on how WEC goes I will be adding to MacDonald.
    Doubled one bet:

Rory MacDonald -215 (8.6u to win 4u)

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF
    Doubled one bet:

Rory MacDonald -215 (8.6u to win 4u)
    You make massive bets. Does 1u=1% of your bankroll?
    I heart cock

By the way, I just realized that I've passed 1000 posts. Do I get something? Like, a prize of some sort?
    I heart cock

You make massive bets. Does 1u=1% of your bankroll?
    Yes.
    The reason I went ahead and doubled this one is because I hit my biggest WEC bet.

Salter is going to be a tough matchup. Gerald should KO him though standing... but I doubt Gerald is going to have alot of success in the clinch and takedowns. I went out to look for some info on Salter:

"John Salter: I started wrestling when I was 12 years old. I won a state title in high school, went to college, wrestled at Lindenwood University for four years in St. Louis, MO, and when I was a senior in college, I won the Nationals. It was then that I decided I didn’t want to stop competing, so I got into Jiu-Jitsu and kickboxing and [then] got into MMA. A couple months ago, I started training in Tuscaloosa at HeadHunter Combatives and started getting ready to fight anybody – getting good coaching and great training partners. We’re ready...

JS: The big thing I think that I have is that I’m a National Championship wrestler. There have only been three from Alabama ever, so I feel like I have that over anybody else that’s around here, and I feel like I can take anybody down whenever I want to. I’m a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but I have beaten people like Roan Carnerio, who’s a black belt in the UFC, so I feel like I can hang with anyone on the ground. And I feel like my stand-up’s not bad, but I can decide when a fight’s on the feet and when the fight’s on the ground, and I think that helps me in all my fights.

Next MMA Fighter: What’s your signature move or particular fighting style that you think best describes you… without giving away too much of your game plan for Saturday, of course.

JS: I’d say that what I usually have that you can depend on is that I hit a single leg, and everybody knows I’m gonna do it, but I think it surprises everybody at how good I am with it. I’m pretty efficient at what I do, and I haven’t had anybody stop a shot yet in a fight"

http://nextmmafighter.com/?p=203

I tried to find info on Gerald, I guess he was a D1 wrestler... which means he is probably just as good or better wrestler than Salter, but still, it will be interesting if Gerald can't KO him.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u