Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: UFN 20 Bets

Re: UFN 20 Bets

^^^^ Good thoughts and some good advice, as well. I actually think that we're not that different in our attitudes, just our approaches. I also hate to lose and hate being down in any significant way, which is why I very rarely make bets that are bigger than 3u and even 3u puts me way on edge. (Really, anything more then 1.5u is considered a "big bet" to me).

It's actually my dislike of losing a lot of money that keeps me from throwing a lot of big bets on guys like you do. You say that eventually you will lose a few favorites in a row . . . you probably will, just as I will (just as I have, actually) . . . and I don't want it to be to the tune of 15 units when it happens. Hence, I spread my money around in the hopes that I will at least win SOME money, or at the very least minimize my losses.

I actually lost 8 fights in a row not too long ago. I went 0-5 at DREAM 11 and 0-3 at MFC 22. These were shady bets that I took mostly because of what I heard from others and/or half-assed research, but still, that's a hell of a lot of losing. I should've done better than that flipping a coin. So shit happens.
    I heart cock

Nothing wrong with that approach at all. I guess I just don't see 5% is that BIG of a bet, when you are looking @ an 75-80% favorite. A lo of guys bet 5% on even odds... against teh monet line, I think 5% is pretty damn conservative really.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Nothing wrong with that approach at all. I guess I just don't see 5% is that BIG of a bet, when you are looking @ an 75-80% favorite. A lo of guys bet 5% on even odds... against teh monet line, I think 5% is pretty damn conservative really.
    With a 100 unit bankroll, it's not bad. But if you were playing with your suggested 50 unit bankroll, then that's 10% and that would be rough for me.

Your 5u is a 2.5u for me, which isn't too bad, though I wouldn't want to lose it on a regular basis.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    ^^^^ Good thoughts and some good advice, as well. I actually think that we're not that different in our attitudes, just our approaches. I also hate to lose and hate being down in any significant way, which is why I very rarely make bets that are bigger than 3u and even 3u puts me way on edge. (Really, anything more then 1.5u is considered a "big bet" to me).

It's actually my dislike of losing a lot of money that keeps me from throwing a lot of big bets on guys like you do. You say that eventually you will lose a few favorites in a row . . . you probably will, just as I will (just as I have, actually) . . . and I don't want it to be to the tune of 15 units when it happens. Hence, I spread my money around in the hopes that I will at least win SOME money, or at the very least minimize my losses.

I actually lost 8 fights in a row not too long ago. I went 0-5 at DREAM 11 and 0-3 at MFC 22. These were shady bets that I took mostly because of what I heard from others and/or half-assed research, but still, that's a hell of a lot of losing. I should've done better than that flipping a coin. So shit happens.

I saw this on MSN MOney homepage this morning... this is almost exactly what we were talking about. I thought I invented this line of thinking.

"Success at both investing and gambling, it turns out, has much to do with controlling emotions. And playing a little poker can help you recognize, and avoid, emotional traps that endanger your most important stack of chips -- your portfolio. But you need to know what to look for."

"By playing some poker, "you can find out your tendencies to make emotional mistakes, and then you can guard against them," says Frank Murtha, a behavioral-finance consultant with a doctorate in counseling psychology whose dissertation explored the effect of psychological errors in gambling."

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...entID=23248143

Coincidence? We are being watched my friend.

What an odd coincidence indeed!
    I heart cock

What if I barely know how to play poker?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^^

Ipso facto, you should not invest in the market.

Don't bring that fancy Latin at me boy.

I don't even know what it means. I just like the way it sounds and think it is funny. Ipso facto, I win.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

See what I did there scientist?

Yes, you posted some jibberish in latin. Sweet.

Ipso facto > latin jibberish

Whatever guy, more Latin > less Latin.

Ipso facto, QED.

Script = flipped.

I am so confused right now...