Thread: Probation ?? you got to be kidding

Probation ?? you got to be kidding

‘Rampage’ Given Probation for 2008 Chase

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson on Friday received three years probation for misdemeanor reckless driving after he roared through Newport Beach, Calif., on a high-speed chase with police in 2008.

The 30-year-old mixed martial arts superstar originally faced multiple felony charges after his highly-publicized arrest but lessened his legal blow by completing 200 hours of community service, The Orange County Register reported.

On July 15, 2008, Jackson was observed weaving his gray and green Ford pick-up truck in and out of traffic on a flat front tire while talking on his cell phone, according to a release from the Costa Mesa police department. An officer on motorcycle attempted to pull over Jackson, but the fighter continued driving south on 17th Street and over a center divider at Cabrillo Avenue in what turned into an afternoon chase with local authorities.

Authorities said Jackson drove through red lights and onto the sidewalk on multiple occasions, “causing pedestrians to flee in terror.” Jackson collided with a vehicle at the 17th Street intersection and continued driving on an exposed tire rim. The fighter was later linked to and charged for two other collisions prior to the pursuit.

Jackson, who will appear in the forthcoming “A-Team” movie, has not competed since he outpointed Keith Jardine at UFC 96 in March. Most expect him to return to the cage in 2010 to face arch nemesis Rashad Evans. The two light heavyweight standouts coached opposite one another on Season 10 of “The Ultimate Fighter.”

A high speed chase gets you probation?? Wow I hope they remember this shit when I go crazy
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Probation ?? you got to be kidding

Didn't this happen forever ago?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Didn't this happen forever ago?

2008 but it just got through the courts.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Seems that I read about him getting probation several months ago as well. . .
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Seems that I read about him getting probation several months ago as well. . .

On August 28, 2008 Jackson pleaded not guilty to the above 2 felonies and 4 misdemeanors; however, on January 8, 2009 he pleaded guilty to one felony count of evading a police officer and driving against traffic and one misdemeanor count of driving recklessly as part of a plea agreement..
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP