Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: JDS-Gonzaga March 21st on Versus

JDS-Gonzaga March 21st on Versus

A heavyweight bout between Gabriel Gonzaga and Junior dos Santos has been added to the UFC’s debut event on Versus on March 21 at the Odeum Colorado in Broomfield, Colo., the promotion announced on Wednesday.

The bout had been scheduled to take place at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas until Gonzaga withdrew last December from a staph infection.

Instead, Dos Santos took out veteran striker Gilbert Yvel in one round at UFC 108, cementing his role as a rising threat in the division. The 25-year-old fighter has four straight wins in the Octagon, including his third-round dismantling of Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at UFC 103 last September.

Gonzaga stopped Chris Tuchscherer with first-round strikes at UFC 102 last August in Portland, Ore. The 30-year-old Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt has won three of his last four bouts, including victories against Justin McCully and Josh Hendricks.

Also on the card, Brandon Vera and Jon Jones will vie for their places in the light heavyweight division’s pecking order, while John Howard and Anthony Johnson will clash in a welterweight bout.

interesting
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: JDS-Gonzaga March 21st on Versus

You must have made this while I was making mine.

Oh well, I'm leaving mine up since I cover some other fights as well.

With that said, JDS by UFHUP (Ultra Fuck Him Up Power).
    I heart cock

That card is starting to look real nice.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I'd like to see what happens if Gonzaga gets JDS on his back.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I honestly doubt he will even get the chance.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    LOL ok.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

LOL ok.
    It's obvious that you don't want to get on the JDS bandwagon. We've argued about this before. That's fine. Delusions are where it's at, homey.
    I heart cock

Odds up!

JDS is -275 on Bookmaker. Gonzaga is +215.

Just dropped 3u on JDS.
    I heart cock

Ballsy. If I bet, I will be on GG. I probably won't bet it. But I don't see how GG is such an underdog. GG has shown he can strike with anyone. He can also grapple with anyone. We know that JDS can strike... but... everything else is a question mark. Value to GG IMO. I cannot justify betting on a favorite when i know nothing about his skill whole skill set. No one has tried to take him down yet, except Werdum. You can't bank on the perfect shot landing every time someone tries to shoot.

IIRC he has been training for only a few years, which means he is probably in the purple belt range on the ground... that is going to be trouble if GG can manage it.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    IIRC he has been training for only a few years, which means he is probably in the purple belt range on the ground... that is going to be trouble if GG can manage it.
    I believe he IS a purple belt and recently won a purple belt tourney. He trains with the Nogs so I'm really not that worried about his ground game. At the very least, I expect him to be able to hold his own.

Honestly though, I don't see this fight going to the ground. I expect another JDS (T)KO in the first. I could be wrong--and have been wrong plenty of times in the past--but I don't think Gonzaga is going to be the one who shuts down the JDS hype train.
    I heart cock

Ferreira puts him on his back, fairly easily

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    I believe he IS a purple belt and recently won a purple belt tourney. He trains with the Nogs so I'm really not that worried about his ground game. At the very least, I expect him to be able to hold his own.

Honestly though, I don't see this fight going to the ground. I expect another JDS (T)KO in the first. I could be wrong--and have been wrong plenty of times in the past--but I don't think Gonzaga is going to be the one who shuts down the JDS hype train.
    I am going to put some money on GG, as part of my underdog project. GG can strike too. There is not a purple belt in the world that can hold his own with GG on the ground, he might be able to stay out of subs, since GG is not really a submission wizard, but he is going to get controlled if it stays down.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by UKDonkbet
    Ferreira puts him on his back, fairly easily
    That was a couple of years ago. I imagine that he's improved as a fighter quite a bit since then.
    I heart cock

Def. Just saying its not out of the realm of possibility. He sweeps Ferreira, even when he is on the bottom he is still delivering strikes. I'm leaning towards JDS, just don't know about that price against GG.

It's interesting to hear you say that. Being familiar with your betting habits and where you tend to find value, I figured you'd be all over JDS in this one, even at -275.
    I heart cock

It's interesting to hear you say that. Being familiar with your betting habits and where you tend to find value, I figured you'd be all over JDS in this one, even at -275.
    You know me well. No I have JDS at -200 for 3u which WILL get hedged some. When I said didn't know about JDS price I meant his current price which the best is -275 according to bfo.com.

I'd say -215 to -225 range would be the roof for me.

You know me well. No I have JDS at -200 for 3u which WILL get hedged some. When I said didn't know about JDS price I meant his current price which the best is -275 according to bfo.com.

Where did you get him for -200?
    I heart cock

EDIT: I have -265 after checking my book. Def hedging that down some. Sorry for confusion

Where did you get him for -200?
    Sorry. Edited my other post just now. -265 Bellagio sports book

Irvin and Sakara added to the card. Good to see Sandman back, I always liked him.

It was announced on MMAWeekly last week that James "Sandman" Irvin was returning in March, and now he has a date and an opponent. American Top Team fighter, Alessio Sakara, has been tapped to face the former WEC champion in a middleweight bout for the UFC on Versus card on March 21.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight who indicated bout agreements have been issued at this point.

Irvin returns to action after a lengthy stay away from the sport dealing with a suspension and several injuries. Now back and healthy, Irvin is looking to make his move to the middleweight division for the first time.

Alessio Sakara, currently riding a 2 fight win streak, makes his 11th appearance in the Octagion, coming away with 5 victories and 1 no contest.

The heavy handed Italian striker has been working with American Top Team to improve his overall game and build upon his devastating stand-up.

No official word if the bout will make the televised broadcast, but with both fighters favoring the stand-up it could be just the slugfest to get on the show.

http://www.fightscoops.com/ufc/bobby-la ... r-in-2010/
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter