Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming: JDS/Napao, Belcher/Cote, Kampmann/Saunders

Upcoming: JDS/Napao, Belcher/Cote, Kampmann/Saunders

All announced within the last few days! What's everyone think?

Here are a few thoughts of my own:

JDS owns Gonzaga, probably a first round KO. Gabe has proven that he's far from un-KOable and I don't think JDS is going to have a real hard problem doing so. Hopefully we get a good line on JDS. This is a 3u play for me.

Belcher/Cote is hard to call. They're both good fighters, if not elite. Cote has a chin of iron and presumably hits hard as hell, so if he catches Belcher with a good shot then I think it could be lights out. However, Belcher's ground game should be a level above Cote's so if the fight goes there then I could see him getting a sub. Gun to my head, I'd probably pick Belcher on this one . . . but maybe that's just because he's a Mississippi boy.

Kampmann/Saunders is also hard to call. Saunders has actually looked pretty impressive to me lately and in a pure striking match I actually think he would take this fight. Kampmann's standup, while being solid, is actually relatively disappointing in light of him often proclaimed as being a "former kickboxer." However, if it goes to the ground then I think Kampmann should have the advantage. In an even money fight, I'd probably have to roll with Kampmann, but at good underdog odds I think Saunders would be a worthwhile play.
    I heart cock

Re: Upcoming: JDS/Napao, Belcher/Cote, Kampmann/Saunders

Love the card. I think JDS will probably take that one over Gonzaga. I think Matshushenko is fighting Elliot Marshall on the card too.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Yeah, the announced matchups so far are:

Vera VS Jones
    JDS VS Gonzaga
    Rumble VS John Howard
    Matyushenko VS Elliot Marshall

At the right lines, I think ALL these fights are bettable. I've already got 2u on Jones, and I like both JDS and Rumble up to -300, and Matushenko probably up to -200 or even -250.
    I heart cock

that card is PPV worthy. especially compared to the last UFC ppv.

Gonzaga was only KOd by Carwin, who appears to have the power to KO Godzilla. I don't see how that's a knock on Gonzaga. JDS should probably be the favorite but Gonzaga is a goddamn beast who is a danger to anyone. He only loses to top fighters and everyone else he demolishes. I'd like to see what happens if he can get JDS on his back.

Saunders actually has terrible striking, he was destroyed by Swick who doesn't have great striking himself. His clinch is disgustingly brutal though with his height and length. Kampmann probably has the advantage on the ground but again Saunders length makes him dangerous and he's also not out of his element on the ground. I think Kampmann should win. Saunders also has the distinction of having the absolute gayest nickname in history.

Cote to me just seems like your stereotypical tough brawler who is happy to take 2 shots to land 1. Supposedly he hits hard but Kendall Grove knocks himself out shaving so I'm not really impressed by KOing him. I think Belcher is far better all around and should be the favorite.

All are interesting fights though.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Gonzaga was only KOd by Carwin, who appears to have the power to KO Godzilla. I don't see how that's a knock on Gonzaga. JDS should probably be the favorite but Gonzaga is a goddamn beast who is a danger to anyone. He only loses to top fighters and everyone else he demolishes. I'd like to see what happens if he can get JDS on his back.
    Maybe he has only be straight up KOd once, but he has been (T)KOd a handful of times. Whether JDS literally renders Gonzaga unconscious, I don't know, but I think he will stop him with strikes in the first, I'll put it that way.

You say that Gonzo only loses to top fighters, and that's true. I think JDS is a top fighter and very possibly the future heavyweight champ. I've said that before and I'm saying it again.

Saunders actually has terrible striking, he was destroyed by Swick who doesn't have great striking himself. His clinch is disgustingly brutal though with his height and length. Kampmann probably has the advantage on the ground but again Saunders length makes him dangerous and he's also not out of his element on the ground. I think Kampmann should win. Saunders also has the distinction of having the absolute gayest nickname in history.
    Saunders has "terrible" striking? How do you define terrible? Saunders striking is not "terrible." Maia's striking is terrible . . . Hughes' striking is terrible . . . Saunders striking is effective.

And what's wrong with Killa B?

Cote to me just seems like your stereotypical tough brawler who is happy to take 2 shots to land 1. Supposedly he hits hard but Kendall Grove knocks himself out shaving so I'm not really impressed by KOing him. I think Belcher is far better all around and should be the favorite.
    Cote seems like a nice guy and I always like to see nice guys win, but Belcher is cool and I have to root for him. Sucks for Cote because after a layoff it's good to come back and get a win, but I think his chances are questionable. Really, it comes down to whether or not Belcher allows himself to get into a brawl like he did with Gouveia. That would be a very poor strategy.
    I heart cock

Sorry I can't hear anything you're saying with JDS nuts in your mouth.

Did you not notice that I'm in the 1,000 Post Club? I have four stars; you only have three.

Clearly I know more about MMA than you.
    I heart cock

I was at UFC 1 though...............

Oh, snap. . .

Anyways, until I see JDS actually defend a takedown or work well off his back against a strong grappler, I don't have any plans to appoint him king of the world.

Anyways, until I see JDS actually defend a takedown or work well off his back against a strong grappler, I don't have any plans to appoint him king of the world.
    If he gives all the strong grappler the Werdum treatment then it won't really matter.
    I heart cock

Oh good lord. There's no point in even having a discussion with you about this.

Lol.

Okay, how is this:

Yes, I agree that JDS's grappling ability is untested and unproven. However, I am at this point giving him the benefit of the doubt since I know he trains with the Nog's. The only person at HW (in the UFC) I see beating him right now though is Brock due to his ultra-powerful wrestling . . . and Carwin might have a chance, too.
    I heart cock

I think Cain might beat him up too.

But that's better. I'm sure he's not terrible on the ground, but his proficiency is just what I question.

You guys are too big of fans to bet sometimes
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    You guys are too big of fans to bet sometimes
    We have the best of both worlds.
    I heart cock

without being a fan, how would you know enough about the sport to have an edge?

I never understood guys that bet on every sport... how can you think you know every sport better than the line makers?

I am a big time mma fan. But I do not think I know striking well enough to correctly handicap striker/striker matchups. I do think I know grappling and takedowns better than the line setters though.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    I do think I know grappling and takedowns better than the line setters though.
    I think it's worth remembering that linemakers don't attempt to set a line as to the true percentages . . . they try to set it correctly as to what they believe the PUBLIC thinks. So you don't really have to know better than the linemakers . . . you just have to know better than the public.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    . . . you just have to know better than the public.
    I like that. .