Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on Versus 1: Discussion

Re: UFC on Versus 1: Discussion

[quote=IWS Zak]
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist":35pvjpyu]^^

There are some fights this weekend, Strikeforce Challengers VI. There are some decent bets on the Strikeforce card.

WEC 47 is next weekend. You best pal M Hammersmith breaks it down:

[url="http://www.mmamafia.net/news/featured-mma/4284-wec-47-breakdown-betting-odds-and-predictions.html
    http://www.mmamafia.net/news/featured-m ... tions.html[/url]\
    Didnt he go 0-for 6 on the last UFC?[/quote:35pvjpyu]

I don't know. I don't even see where he posts his actual plays, just breaks down the fight and sets his lines. He usually does pretty well from what I have seen.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I saw someone trashing him in his thread after the event, Im pretty sure he went like 0-6/0-7
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I saw someone trashing him in his thread after the event, Im pretty sure he went like 0-6/0-7
    He didnt take the donut, but...........

Fantasy Picks: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via 3rd round submission (choke) (split scoring) or decision (straight)
    Fantasy Picks: Wanderlei Silva via 1st round TKO.
    Fantasy Picks: Keith Jardine via 3rd round TKO (split scoring) or 2nd round TKO (straight scoring).
    Fantasy Picks: Joe Stevenson via Decision
    Fantasy Picks: Krzysztof Soszynski via Decision.
    Fantasy Picks: James Te-Huna via 1st round TKO
    Fantasy Picks: Goran Reljic via 1st round submission (choke)
    Fantasy Picks: Brian Foster via 3rd round TKO (split scoring) or decision (straight scoring)

Its still kind of funny, how he told SPX he doesnt understand MMA. LOL

ttt

^^
    In his defense, fantasy picks are totally different than bets. He picked all the same people I picked, with the exceptions of Noguiera and Jardine.

I saw that thread where he and SPX were in an e-fight... that is why I said "your best pal"...

He spontaneously plugged my blog though, so he is ok in my book.

What does he mean by split and straight scoring?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    What does he mean by split and straight scoring?
    No idea. Im curious though.

I don't even see what you guys are talking about. Where do you see that?

Fantasy Picks: Keith Jardine via 3rd round TKO (split scoring) or 2nd round TKO (straight scoring).

[quote=IWS Zak]
    Quote Originally Posted by "IWS Zak":3lyk4j75
    [/quote:3lyk4j75]

Oh. I have never done the fantasy thing, so I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Completely agree. I hate this shit. There should always be something at least every 2 weeks.

You guys need to get into boxing .Boxing is on every friday and saturday and capping boxing is a lot like capping MMA
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I don't know cock nor balls about boxing though.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Well at one time you didnt know about MMA either but you learned .I have bet boxing for 8 years but only MMA for about 2 years ,you got to start somewhere
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Completely agree. I hate this shit. There should always be something at least every 2 weeks.

You guys need to get into boxing .Boxing is on every friday and saturday and capping boxing is a lot like capping MMA

I would love to get into boxing, but I do not think it that much like mma capping. I just don't think I know that much about boxing (enought to beat it long term), though I definately know more than the general public.

I like mma betting because the outcome depends SO MUCH on the styles of the fighters. I really do not think there is any 1 best fighter. Every fighter has a style that can beat them. To be the ultimate MMA fighter, you would have to be teh best wrestler, the best bjj guy, and the best striker in the division. It would be like being world champ at 3 sports.

Boxing I think is more consistent. You can take one guy, and say, he will beat everyone he faces, regardless of style.

In any event, can you beat boxing consistently? I will be happy to coat-tail until I get to know the fighters well enough.

lmao. seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke

I would love to get into boxing, but I do not think it that much like mma capping. I just don't think I know that much about boxing (enought to beat it long term), though I definately know more than the general public.

I like mma betting because the outcome depends SO MUCH on the styles of the fighters. I really do not think there is any 1 best fighter. Every fighter has a style that can beat them. To be the ultimate MMA fighter, you would have to be teh best wrestler, the best bjj guy, and the best striker in the division. It would be like being world champ at 3 sports.

Boxing I think is more consistent. You can take one guy, and say, he will beat everyone he faces, regardless of style.

In any event, can you beat boxing consistently? I will be happy to coat-tail until I get to know the fighters well enough.

Boxing is 100% without a doubt easier to win betting than MMA. I won 90% of my boxing bets last year and about 60% of my MMA bets.

In boxing dogs win alot more and are alot easier to pick than in MMA imo.I've won several boxing matches that the odds were +350 .In MMA you rarely see a +350 dog win.

Boxing is just like MMA ,styles make fights. In boxing you can usually get a good line on a fight because "the pubic" thinks it will be a close fight but in reality one fighter has a style that the other fighter has no chance to stop.

Examples

Manny-Cotto. People thought it was going to be close but in reality Cotto fights with no defense and just stops punches with his head .Manny throws so many punches at such a fast pace Cotto stood no chance.
    Another one:
    Margarito-Mosley. Margarito had just beat Cotto because the style of Cotto was again perfect for Marg. Cotto played no defense so Margarito beat him to death. So when Mosley-Marg fought everyone thought Margarito would win .But in reality Mosley's speed was twice that of Margarito and Mosley easily won as a +350 dog

In MMA any one puch can KO someone because of the small gloves.Most of the time that isnt a issue in boxing. Also in MMA you have to worry about your fighter slipping up and getting caught in a submission at anytime.

Boxing fights are usually one sided and less stressful to watch.Once you fighter wins the first 3 or 12 rounds he usually wins easily .The only thing you have to worry about in boxing is a screw job via the judges scorecards. So dont make a habit of betting against the fighter in his hometown
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I just cant get into boxing anymore,t he way I love MMA.

I just cant get into boxing anymore,t he way I love MMA.
    Not me Im the opposite I cant get into MMA like I do boxing. I dont even watch TUF or WEC and even the PPV's I only watch the last 2 or 3 fights unless I betting on them but I watch just about every friday night fights on ESPN and every Saturday card on Showtime or HBO
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

FYI, Doomsday is on the undercard now.

After losing his initial opponent due to an injury, John Howard (13-4 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has gone from a main-card bout with fellow contender Anthony Johnson (8-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) to an un-aired preliminary-card fight with UFC newcomer Daniel Roberts (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at UFC on Versus 1.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the bout last week, and UFC officials have since made the welterweight matchup official.

With the fight moved to the March 21 event's preliminary card, only three fights are set for the Versus-televised main card. A source close to the event told MMAjunkie.com a newly booked fight likely will take the vacant spot on the televised portion of the show.

UFC on Versus 1 takes place at the Odeum Colorado in Broomfield (near Denver), and the main card, including a headliner of Jon Jones vs. Brandon Vera, airs live on Versus.

Howard was set to face a rival with Johnson, but he now faces Roberts, a two-and-a-half-year pro who's competed for organizations such as the Extreme Fighting League and Freestyle Cage Fighting. Most recently he defeated Anthony Macias (25-12) at a Jan. 10 5150 Combat League/XFL event. He's also defeated the likes of Strikeforce vet Levi Avera (13-6) and Mike Jackson (8-3) in recent fights.

Howard, a one-time IFL fighter who also competed for the New Jersey-based Ring of Combat promotion, owns a six-fight win streak, and he's a perfect 3-0 in the UFC. In addition to split-decision wins over Chris Wilson and Tamdan McCrory, Howard also recently scored a come-from-behind third-round knockout of Dennis Hallman at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale. Howard secured the win with just five seconds remaining in the final round.

Yeah, thanks Rumble. I appreciate you not winning me money.
    I heart cock