Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on Versus 1: Discussion

Re: UFC on Versus 1: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    When I originally went with Directv, Dish Network did not have HD channels. Now I am in a contract with them. I had Dish in the past, and I actually preferred the Tivo to the HD-DVR I have now, so I wanted Dish again. I will probably switch back in 9 months when my contract is up, now that they have the HD channels.

I see
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Irvin is at -171 against Sakara. I'm thinking of taking that.

What's everyone think about that fight?
    I heart cock

Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Just took Irvin at -140 for 1.5u. They are similar fighters but I think Sakara is a notch below Irvin.

I do have concerns: Irvin is dropping down in weight and he's also be out for a while. But provided he's healthy and feeling good, I think his striking beat's Sakara's.
    I heart cock

I went ahead and dropped 3u on Pierce @ -355

I am seriously considering Schaefer and Marshall as dog bets. I thought Schaefer would be like -200 and I expected Vlad to be a favorite but I think Marshall has some advanatges and will beat him.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Just took Irvin at -140 for 1.5u. They are similar fighters but I think Sakara is a notch below Irvin.

I do have concerns: Irvin is dropping down in weight and he's also be out for a while. But provided he's healthy and feeling good, I think his striking beat's Sakara's.
    I think if Irvin manages to go 15 minutes with an injury he will win. But who knows. I saw a stat about fighters coming off year long lay offs, they don't usually do very well. I can't remember the details, but it basically boils down to me never betting on a guy who has been out at least a year.

I love Irvin as a fighter, but the layoff/injury problems, seem to put him at a big disadvantage IMO (see Reljic/CB).

Gun to my head, I would bet Irvin though.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Did you guys see that SBC Global came out with Irvin at -400 and Sakara at +370 the other day? I knew that line was fucked up and apparently they took it down pretty quickly.

Like I said, I have the same concerns about Irvin as you guys do. As a fighter though, Irvin is more impressive, I think. Neither guy has much in the way of big wins. I guess Sakara did technically beat Leites, but I heard Leites looked like shit and was terrified to engage. (I didn't see the fight.)
    I heart cock

This may be the most boss picture of a ninja evaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

man ,thats the darkest black man I have ever seen
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I want that shirt he's wearing.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I want that shirt he's wearing.

have you found anywhere its sold?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Isn't Marshall going to beat Vlad? I am considering a bet there. I thought Eliot would be the favorite.

Isn't Marshall going to beat Vlad? I am considering a bet there. I thought Eliot would be the favorite.
    I honestly haven't seen much of Marshal except for what I saw on TUF, but I honestly do not expect him to beat Matyushenko. Vladimir's boxing has looked greatly improved over the past few fights and that's on top of his solid wrestling base.

I would give Cantwell (who I'm sure you remember Vlad was supposed to fight a little while back) a better chance to beat Vlad than Marshall, but like I said, I haven't seen Marshall's most recent fights.
    I heart cock

I dont see much value in this card. I like Guida, Pierce, Kongo and Jones all to win, but wont pay the price on any of them. May actually be value in Gugerty and Buentello ITD. But I just parlayed the four above, 1u to win 1.8u. I might put a unit on Schafer if he gets to +150 and i will probably put a unit on Marshall.
    Also, I have 2u to win 5.2u on Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I honestly haven't seen much of Marshal except for what I saw on TUF, but I honestly do not expect him to beat Matyushenko. Vladimir's boxing has looked greatly improved over the past few fights and that's on top of his solid wrestling base.

I would give Cantwell (who I'm sure you remember Vlad was supposed to fight a little while back) a better chance to beat Vlad than Marshall, but like I said, I haven't seen Marshall's most recent fights.

I dropped .5u on Marshall @ +160. I have 2 dogs oon this card now, which is rare for me.

Marshall's striking has improved a lot since TUF, that is the biggest difference. I think he will definately beat Vlad in the striking. He has a 7" reach advantage. He has a good sprawl. Even if Vlad gets him down, Marshall should be able to use hisn length and bjj to tie Vlad up and control his posture.

Vlad is 39 years old. If you look at Vlad against lil Nog 1, he shoots for a bunch of takedowns, and wins a decision. Then watch lil Nog 2, and he can't do anything, never really tries a takedown. I think he has lost the snap on his shot. I think Marshall will keep him far enough away that he will have to come in Kamikaze style for a takedown.

Enough advantages for Marshall to pull the trigger @ +160- i see it as a coin flip. I am trying to be looser about betting where I see value, but still only want to bet fights where I thin the guys is really going to win

I've never laid down as much on a single card as this one, but hopefully everything works out!

Final bets:
    5U on Bones: 2nd round TKO
    5U on JDS: 2nd or 3rd round KO
    6U on Kongo: Dec or late TKO
    3U on Pierce
    .5U on Marshall: dec or sub

Geez I got more units than an apartment complex on this card but at the least it will be exciting as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Ipickdeeznuts2win
    I've never laid down as much on a single card as this one, but hopefully everything works out!

Final bets:
    5U on Bones: 2nd round TKO
    5U on JDS: 2nd or 3rd round KO
    6U on Kongo: Dec or late TKO
    3U on Pierce
    .5U on Marshall: dec or sub

Geez I got more units than an apartment complex on this card but at the least it will be exciting as hell!

I really think Pierce is the lock of the night now. I really wish I would have bet more on him. I still might drop another couple u on him @ -400. He is going to win that, you were right on him from the get -go.

You should be sitting pretty after the undercard... which means you will be all the more amped for the last 2 bouts. That is a lot of coin on a couple of fights that could go either way... good luck, I hope you win all of your bets, except Jones. That way I still win, and at least you will break even.

Damn, Irvin down to -125 now on Bookmaker.

I guess I bought in too soon. Glad I didn't jump when it was -170.
    I heart cock

Why in the fuck is this coming on on a Sunday? I've been thinking all day it's tonight and now I realize I have to wait until tomorrow.
    I heart cock