View Poll Results: Will Farve return for another season?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • No

1 8.33%
  • Dont Care

4 33.33%
  • Please god no

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Farve return for another season?

Will Farve return for another season?

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Will Farve return for another season?

Sure he will....

But on second thought maybe he will retire...

But he played pretty well this year and was an INT away from the Super Bowl this year...

But he is rather old and was banged around in the last game.

Hell I don't know. I don't even think Brett knows. We have about 5-6 months to find out; this is getting as old as Brett Favre himself!

But inquiring minds want to know!

ESPN reporting Farve will more than likely join the Vikings Aug 15-18th

here we go again
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Oh yea he'll be back for sure I think.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Ill believe it when the first game of the season is over.

Brett Favre has informed the Vikings that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star Tribune reported Tuesday.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

NFC North blog

Seifert ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Neither Favre nor the Vikings have confirmed the news but a press release is expected Tuesday, the sources said.

The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he's not returning this season.

The Vikings' ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.

This would be the third retirement for Favre, who also retired after 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers after the 2007 season and one season with the New York Jets after the 2008 season.

The 40-year-old Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota's overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.

With Favre, of course, nothing is ever necessarily final. Last year Favre told the Vikings he was not going to play shortly before camp opened. But he changed his mind a few weeks later, and went on to record one of the best seasons of his career despite having less than three weeks to prepare.

If Favre doesn't return, the Vikings' starting quarterback job likely will be decided in a training camp battle between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson.

The 32-year-old Rosenfels, acquired by the Vikings last year in a trade with the Houston Texans, has a career quarterback rating of 81.2. In 32 games, he has 30 touchdowns and 29 interceptions and has passed for 4,156 yards.

The 27-year-old Jackson, drafted in the second round of the 2006 draft, has a 77.9 rating and has 21 touchdowns and 18 interceptions, passing for 3,643 yards in 33 career games.

Favre threw for over 4,200 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions to lead the Vikings (12-4) to the NFC North title and their first NFC title game since 2001.

you're kidding

So where's he really playing this year?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Ill believe it when the first game of the season is over.

I'm with you I dont believe it yet. When I hear Favre say it maybe I'll believe it a little more.

I mean come on Farve is a drama queen theres no way he wouldnt have had a "decison" type press conference if he was retiring.

I wouldnt be surprised if Farve started pulling Roger Clemens's and only playing half a seasons.

I dont think this is the end of Farve
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder that he has not made any decision about returning for the 2010 season and says he will play if healthy.

Favre denied that he has sent text messages to any Vikings personnel saying he is retiring.

Asked if money a factor, Favre said this is not about money.

According to multiple reports, Favre informed the Vikings he would not return to Minnesota for a second season. Favre sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Stupif ESPN and their reports that have zero merit ,zero sources , and dont know what they are talking about.God I hate that channel
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

from deadspin

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization.

For those who don't know (or forget) who Jenn Sterger is: formerly buxom Florida State Cowgirl who gained internet notoriety for being a buxom Florida State fan who parlayed that popularity into a full-time career. She did Maxim shoots. Playboy shoots. She wrote a "Confessions of a Cowgirl" column for Sports Illustrated. Then, in 2008, Ms. Sterger joined the Jets as an in-house sideline reporter. It was during that fateful time that her and Mr. Favre's paths began to cross. Sort of.

Last winter, close to the Super Bowl, Ms. Sterger and I were discussing a possible collaboration on the proposed "Deadspin Swimsuit Project," which turned into a conversation about the whole "athlete dong photo" phenomenon. She claimed that she's been on the receiving end of several of those types of cell phone interactions by drunk men, some of whom were professional athletes. We later had a phone conversation about who some of the more well-known dong-shot senders were. One person, she claimed, who was very into cell phone-donging her was none other than Brett Favre. Now, at one point in his career, this news wouldn't be too surprising. Favre's time in Green Bay is littered with stories about his boozing and carousing. But gray-haired Favre? Oh yeah, she said. Sterger said that Favre first began to call her early in the season and leave strange, friendly messages on her voicemail. She played me one of these voicemails over the phone. It was Brett turning on the Mississippi simpleton charm on his way to practice giving Jenn a friendly good ol' boy hello to a pretty lady. It was odd, but nothing incriminating. Then the phone calls from Brett started to turn weird.

Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating — while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference. You know, this one:

But soon after Jenn told me this story, she balked about releasing the photos or voicemails she still had on her computer. They were still on her computer because they were fun to laugh at amongst friends, but she never planned to sell them or use them to bolster her profile. We invited her in into the Gawker Media lair many times to have a nice discussion about what we could do with the photos and how they could be presented and how she wouldn't look bad in the process if she just had fun with it. Alas, that didn't happen. When this Favre conversation first took place, Jenn started on Vs.' "The Daily Line" show so this wasn't the added publicity she wanted or need at the time. Plus, she really didn't want her name attached to this whatsoever. And I was told by her to keep my big mouth shut. Here's her email to me on February 15, 2010:

AND NOT A WORD OF THAT SHIT TO ANYONE.
    I like ya AJ... and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy douche he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc... because I don't roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not..

I agreed, but still persisted because I'm a dick and it's an incredibly funny story, but one that didn't really hold any real weight unless she either gave us the A.) photos B.) voicemails C.) attached her name to it. She was reluctant to do so up until yesterday because I pressed her on it:

Okay, here's the deal:

I'm very close to running your Favre allegations today. I've spoken to the Jets about this. So let me know how you want to proceed, please. I'd prefer you were on the record about this stuff, but I understand if you don't want to be. However, I do have our email conversations we had and, frankly, that's enough to get this started.

Not trying to dick you over, but, there was no way I was going to sit on it forever, either.

So lemme know.

Her Blackberry was messed up, though. However, she did respond by saying she would (finally) go on the record with her tales of Favre's creepy cell phone stalking:

I can... as soon as I get this thing back and running.. or you could meet me in person on my way to studio in a few hours.

So I'm gonna say she's settled on C. There's no turning back now. But who knows? Jenn and I never connected yesterday, either in person or on the phone. Maybe those photos will surface at this point since I assume many people would like to hear her side of this story, given it's a helluva lot more interesting than any retirement rope-a-dopes.

And there's no real evidence that Favre's been horndoggin' it throughout the latter part of his NFL career. Maybe he was just lonely while he spent time in New York and sought some companionship with Sterger who, if you hadn't noticed, does resemble his wife, Deanna. One thing that is notable is this: it turns out that Brett watched last year's Super Bowl at home in Mississippi. He didn't watch it alone, however. According to one source, he watched the Saints miraculously defeat the Colts in the company of one special guest: Tiger Woods. I wonder what those guys talked about?

LOL ^^^^
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Favre's back .

And again ESPN is wrong and had no idea what they were talking about when they said he retired
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

He will probably retire 2 more times before the start of the season. I am so sick of this fuckin guy.

this is getting too old

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    He will probably retire 2 more times before the start of the season. I am so sick of this fuckin guy.

Just wait till next year when he starts playing beginning in week 6 of the season lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Favre still has a great arm, modern day gunslinger. Barring major injuries, Vikings has all the weapons to make it to Super Bowl this year.

Hopefully, AP has learned during off season to hold onto the pigskin.

Go Vikings!

Yes, I am a MN homer, grew up there; still a huge Purple People Eater fan!

Hung

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhv91
    Favre still has a great arm, modern day gunslinger. Barring major injuries, Vikings has all the weapons to make it to Super Bowl this year.

Hopefully, AP has learned during off season to hold onto the pigskin.

Go Vikings!

Yes, I am a MN homer, grew up there; still a huge Purple People Eater fan!

Hung

I dont know I cant see them having the same year as last year but I could be wrong.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I wonder if this thread will still be around in 2015 lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

All an act to skip training camp. Can't blame him.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Brett Favre won't return for 2011

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre said this would be his last season at a news conference in August.

"I can promise you this: Not that I have ever set out as a goal to play 20 years, it's 20 years and I'm done. This is the last year of my contract," he said when the season began.

But, perhaps because Favre has made a habit of changing his mind, the NFL Network asked the question again Thursday.

Will Favre return to play in 2011?

"No," said Favre, in an interview that will air in its entirety on Sunday on the NFL Network.

Favre passed for a career-best 446 yards in the Vikings' comeback victory against the Arizona Cardinals last week. But the team is 3-5 headed into an NFC North game at Chicago Sunday.

After leading the Vikings to the NFC title game last season, Favre had hoped to help the Vikings to the Super Bowl. Now, he is focused on getting his team back in playoff contention.

"That's my goal," said Favre, when asked by the NFL Network if the postseason was a possibility. "But I am thinking we have to win this game and that gives us hope for the next one.

"Small step right now."

So who do you think he'll play for next year ?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

This muther fucker might be around when Aaron Rogers retires, and he can go back to Green Bay.