Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 112

Re: UFC 112

Sorry Zak, that sucks. Not about your sunburn though, I think that's hilarious.

I still think Penn won, especially if you use 10-10 rounds effectively. Rounds 1, 2, and 5 are very clear. 3 and 4 seem to be the contentious rounds, and they are extremely extremely close. Still though, enough rational people scored it for Edgar that I can't really complain. Doug Crosby's 50-45 is inexcusable though. This seems like he new Shogun/Machida to me. Not giving Penn an immediate rematch is disgusting.

As for Silva, yeah I found the first two rounds pretty entertaining as well. He looked downright scary in there, although a bit petulant. You could tell Maia was petrified. After that though, Silva wasn't doing anything at all. That's the ridiculous part. It's like he was throwing his own personal tantrum in there.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^^^^^ I had BJ winning round 2,Edgar 4&5 and 1&3 going either way so it could have been 48-47 either way.I think all 5 rounds were close though

Heres the fight metric on the fight ,they had Penn having the edge

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Edgar-Penn.html

As for Silva his fights are just boring ,they always have been .He wins so theres nothing Dana can do.Danas trying to hard to be an entertainer like WWE than a sport imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

The thing about fightmetric is it's just some guy counting. Not all strikes are equal. Also that report only shows Penn landing a single lowpower strike(jab) and Edgar only 2. So what, these guys were out there winging nothing but power shots? Bullshit. It's a decent tool but Its just that. The site is also run by Penn nuthuggers. They have BJ winning every fight ever and undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Riding the dogs on this one:

Grove: 1u to win 1.1u (obviously should've waited on this one, but I though Grove would become the favorite)
    Edgar: .25u to win 1.31u
    Dos Anjos: 1u to win 1.85u
    Maia: .25u to win .81u (definitely should've waited on this one; taking him at +325 seems like a joke now)
    +1.91u for the night.

First off, I am shocked that Edgar won. I personally scored the fight for Penn, but as zY said, enough competent people scored it for Edgar that I'll roll with it. Either way, it was close, and it's the first time in a while that Penn's face actually looked a little fucked up. Edgar really is the little engine that could. Still trying to figure out how it is that the world hasn't exploded.

Dos Anjos came through for me also, thankfully. I am very disappointed in losing the Grove bet, though. He looked good in the first round and I was hoping for more of that.

As for Maia/Silva, yeah, the fight was kind of boring, but Maia did engage. He was much more active than Leites was when he was in the same position. And he really tried to turn it on in the last round. Unfortunately it was just too little too late. But if anything it made me an even bigger Maia fan.
    I heart cock

Awesome GIF:

I heart cock

I was surprised Munoz won too after seeing the fight. I really was feeling bad after round one ended that I had bet on Munoz. But it seems like Grove chokes on the fights he's supposed to take and wins the one's he's supposed to lose... It's wierd.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Went 2-3.

-3.7 units. Bad night. Matt Veach, I don't know what even happened in your fight, but screw you!

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    I was surprised Munoz won too after seeing the fight. I really was feeling bad after round one ended that I had bet on Munoz. But it seems like Grove chokes on the fights he's supposed to take and wins the one's he's supposed to lose... It's wierd.
    Congrats on the win.

Once Grove was down and took a few shots he just couldn't recover. If he had been able to get back to his feet and shake the cobwebs out then maybe he could've taken control of the fight again.

Oh well for me, I actually hear Munoz is pretty decent guy outside of the fight world, so I can't be too pissed about him losing.
    I heart cock

I had Gracie winning round one as well, simply because he kept snapping that jab between Hughes' hands. But I think the first round was all about feeling each other out.
    I thought Gracie clearly schooled Hughes in the first round. The fact that anyone would score it differently shocks me.

On a side note, did Hughes really when a fight via his striking?

On a side note BJ Penn's loss set Me back 6.7 units.
    Sucks bro. You'll rebound.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Ipickdeeznuts2win

I can't bring myself to use that name, so I call him by his proper name, I think he said he had enough on BJ to win 5U, so about 30-35u.
    I remember that. That's a bridge jump, right there.

I feel bad for the loss. I'd straight be on suicide watch after something like that. I'd be 100% completely irrational.
    I heart cock

hopefully Strikeforce is good to Me as it has been before.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

So here's a question: Penn's line against Florian and Sanchez was pretty good on both counts. I think I remember it opening at -170 and -190 for each, or something around there.

So then the books decide to significantly jack that up for this fight.

And the first time they do that, Penn loses. So what kind of line do we get next time around?
    I heart cock

First off, I am shocked that Edgar won. I personally scored the fight for Penn, but as zY said, enough competent people scored it for Edgar that I'll roll with it. Either way, it was close, and it's the first time in a while that Penn's face actually looked a little fucked up. Edgar really is the little engine that could. Still trying to figure out how it is that the world hasn't exploded.
    IMO, Penn should get an immediate rematch. I think he didn't protest just because of how disappointed he was in his own performance. I don't quite know how to interpret the result - is Edgar really that much better a boxer than Florian? Or did B.J. just get lazy in his training again?

As for Maia/Silva, yeah, the fight was kind of boring, but Maia did engage. He was much more active than Leites was when he was in the same position. And he really tried to turn it on in the last round. Unfortunately it was just too little too late. But if anything it made me an even bigger Maia fan.
    I think that's exactly what has Dana so pissed at Anderson. At least with the Leites fight, Anderson would move forward and Leites would flop on his back. Here, it was Silva that was running away. I don't especially blame him for it; he was trying to preserve his win. That fight just played out the way it was pretty much destined to.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    IMO, Penn should get an immediate rematch. I think he didn't protest just because of how disappointed he was in his own performance. I don't quite know how to interpret the result - is Edgar really that much better a boxer than Florian? Or did B.J. just get lazy in his training again?
    It's hard to know for sure. Another thing to consider though is that Florian really didn't try to utilize his boxing. He tried to win that fight via control. (Though he did eat several punches in the few exchanges there were.)

It would be interesting to see how Florian/Penn would play out if Florian would come in with a different gameplan and stand in the middle of the cage and box like Edgar did.

I wonder how Florian feels about seeing Edgar win.
    I heart cock

my guess is he is thinking: "I am going to be champ now."
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    my guess is he is thinking: "I am going to be champ now."
    HAHA, I thought the same exact thing. I hope they set up Kenny Florian vs Frankie Edgar, I would much rather watch that then Maynard vs Edgar again.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    The thing about fightmetric is it's just some guy counting. Not all strikes are equal. Also that report only shows Penn landing a single lowpower strike(jab) and Edgar only 2. So what, these guys were out there winging nothing but power shots? Bullshit. It's a decent tool but Its just that. The site is also run by Penn nuthuggers. They have BJ winning every fight ever and undefeated.

I dont follow fightmetric at all.Last night was the first time I'd ever been on the site I just seen someone bitching about the decision and referncing fightmetric .I dont care what they say either I score fights with my own eyes
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Riding the dogs on this one:

Grove: 1u to win 1.1u (obviously should've waited on this one, but I though Grove would become the favorite)
    Edgar: .25u to win 1.31u
    Dos Anjos: 1u to win 1.85u
    Maia: .25u to win .81u (definitely should've waited on this one; taking him at +325 seems like a joke now)
    +1.91u for the night.

Dos Anjos came through for me also, thankfully. I am very disappointed in losing the Grove bet, though. He looked good in the first round and I was hoping for more of that.

good job SPX for some reason I always forget what you're on
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

So here's a question: Penn's line against Florian and Sanchez was pretty good on both counts. I think I remember it opening at -170 and -190 for each, or something around there.

So then the books decide to significantly jack that up for this fight.

And the first time they do that, Penn loses. So what kind of line do we get next time around?
    I'm guessing Penn would be like open -300 in a rematch and get bet to -400

I think BJ over looked Edgar but thats just my opinion
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Anderson Silva, counterstriker extraordinaire, running away from a BJJ fighter with one eye closed wildly throwing everything he's got at him.

Pathetic.