Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 112

Re: UFC 112

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Yeah, I don't think Grove has an answer for his love of the "keep you down and beat you up" technique or his size(Munoz used to fight at 205). His hands are heavy, and Groves chin isn't the hardest around the division by any means. I see Munoz winning that fight 8 out of 10 times at least.
    I am confident in Munoz at all. He was okay in the WEC, but I just don't see him going far against UFC caliber competition. He was already shut down by Hamill in a big way, and who has he beat? Nick Catone and Ryan Jensen? Two C-listers. Grove may not be a top-level fighter, but he's got a lot more experience than Munoz against better competition. As always, I can't guarantee how any fight is going to go, but I'm actually surprised Grove is the underdog here. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Munoz get the Jake Rosholt treatment.

Munoz may win, but considering the variables, it's not a great choice to anchor two parlays in my opinion.
    I heart cock

Plays so far:
    1 unit on Dos Anjos @ +150
    0.5 unit on Maia @ +460

Literally 2 hours or so after, Maia's line jumped to +500. LAME

Considering Veach over Kelly as of now, and Hughes over Gracie if the line dips below -400.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Yeah, I don't think Grove has an answer for his love of the "keep you down and beat you up" technique or his size(Munoz used to fight at 205). His hands are heavy, and Groves chin isn't the hardest around the division by any means. I see Munoz winning that fight 8 out of 10 times at least.
    I am confident in Munoz at all. He was okay in the WEC, but I just don't see him going far against UFC caliber competition. He was already shut down by Hamill in a big way, and who has he beat? Nick Catone and Ryan Jensen? Two C-listers. Grove may not be a top-level fighter, but he's got a lot more experience than Munoz against better competition. As always, I can't guarantee how any fight is going to go, but I'm actually surprised Grove is the underdog here. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Munoz get the Jake Rosholt treatment.

Munoz may win, but considering the variables, it's not a great choice to anchor two parlays in my opinion.

I just don't see it. Rosholt isn't the best measuring stick for Munoz. Munoz has better standup, heavier hands, and doesn't try to get up once he has his opponent down on the ground(which is how Rosholt got caught with that triangle, while he was backing out of half guard). Munoz' ground and pound is absolutely disasterous for anyone having to feel it. As far as the fight with Hamill is concerned, I wouldn't call him shut down. I would have called that round 10-9 Hamill if it had gone that far, however Munoz got the better of Hamill on more than a couple exchanges. Munoz wasn't getting absolutely outclassed here, he got caught because he kept telegraphing and developing a pattern. He kept lowering for the takedown as well as everytime Hamil threw a strike he would dip and duck instead of using real footwork. He's fought twice since then and I really saw improvement in his standup against Jensen. He's big enough to pose a problem for anyone at 185 if it hits the ground. Grove's takedown defense isn't exactly legendary or anything either.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Doing my research now on Veach/Kelly.

Veach vs Grice- Veach was dropped, rocked, and some refs would have stopped it before he got up and got the controversial TKO over Grice. Veach also had superior wrestling

This showed Veach had good heart and recovery.

Veach vs Edgar-Veach was able to slam Edgar a couple times, but ended up getting rocked by Edgar before getting submitted (RNC)

This shows that Veach has been dropped in his 2 fights in the UFC, and he was gassed in the Grice fight and looked kind of gassed in the Edgar fight.

Time to watch Paul Kelly vids, mainly to find out if his TDD is up to par... if his TDD is poor, I think Veach will win for sure.

I don't think you'll find a whole lot of takedown attempts on Kelly to be honest. They haven't really matched him up in the UFC with a straight up Wrestler because of the fact that he's British and they aren't exactly world class grapplers in Britain for the most part just yet. Veach has the advantage of a decent ground game with hands heavy enough to catch Kelly standing. I don't see a whole lot of ways for Paul Kelly to win this fight other than getting lucky and catching Veach(which could happen). It's a smaller margin than usual though because Veach likes to clinch. Just some food for thought.

I don't think you'll find a whole lot of takedown attempts on Kelly to be honest. They haven't really matched him up in the UFC with a straight up Wrestler because of the fact that he's British and they aren't exactly world class grapplers in Britain for the most part just yet. Veach has the advantage of a decent ground game with hands heavy enough to catch Kelly standing. I don't see a whole lot of ways for Paul Kelly to win this fight other than getting lucky and catching Veach(which could happen). It's a smaller margin than usual though because Veach likes to clinch. Just some food for thought.
    I started from the Taylor fight and am now watching the Delgado fight. Kelly has been taken down every single time someone tried to take him down. Kelly also lands a decent amount of takedowns and maintains top control...but that doesn't mean much when against Paul Taylor and Troy Mandaloniz (they are nowhere near Veach in the wrestling department).

So I hope the line on Veach is decent.

Ok, the only time I saw Kelly defend a takedown is when a gassed Delgado did a half ass shot and fell right to his back before Kelly even sprawled.

Veach should win this imo. Hope he opens in the -165 range.

Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

my bets:

Maia .5u
    Dos Anjos 2u

I am considering Hughes as he approaches -400

I like Veach up to -270
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    my bets:

Maia .5u
    Dos Anjos 2u

I like Veach up to -270
    I like all those picks except Maia. I dont think he will get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewiseman
    my bets:

Maia .5u
    Dos Anjos 2u

I like Veach up to -270
    I like all those picks except Maia. I dont think he will get it done.

Well its definately not greater than 50%, but I think he has value. He is +550 on some sites... he has a better chance than that IMO. Of all the dogs on this card, he is the one with a definitive advantage and clear path to victory. Renzo has to beat Hughes at what Hughes does best... same with Edgar. Maia is definately a better grappler than Silva, and he has the tools to get the fight there.

But I agree, most likely, he will lose.

I wish the rest of the lines would be posted already.

I think I am going to take BJ if he drops to -600 to -650

Pulled the trigger on Hughes @ -455 for 5u (it is really a violation of my -400 rule, but I can't resist it anymore).

Pulled the trigger on Hughes @ -455 for 5u (it is really a violation of my -400 rule, but I can't resist it anymore).
    Good luck. He is at -440 right now on my book, and I was thinking of taking him now. But I am not sure how the line will move in the next few days.

How do you see the fight playing out?

Do you think Hughes will keep it standing for 3 rounds / GNP / combination of both.

My hesitation with Hughes is that he will certainly dominate Gracie, but if he takes him down like he did to Royce, he could get caught in a lucky sub.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Renzo is more of a top control grappler than Royce was. I don't see subs as "lucky"... Hughes is tough to sub, and he managed to survive BJ on the ground the last time they fought. Renzo is not as good as some of his siblings at pure bjj... he was always more focused on MMA, and he was not that great of an MMA fighter even in his prime.

Hughes should beat him standing, or on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised to see see a top control special from Hughes, but I have a feeling he is going to be looking for a KO. For once, Matt is going to have a standup advantage... and I think he will relish it. Renzo used to have some nice leg kicks, but that has never been a problem for Hughes.

Renzo will never quit though. Hughes will literally have to beat him unconscious or the ref pull him off, because Renzo will fight to the death. But being 3 rounds, I think Hughes will cruise and probably win a top control decision, or maybe a very crappy standup decision. Either way, I think Hughes has him beat.

May has good sub defense. GSP and Penn subbed him from dominant positions. I don't think he has been subbed from guard since the Hallman fights. Renzo is not as slick as BJ, I doubt he will be able to arm bar him.

Hughes also has the advantage of having the body type to give any jiu jitsu practitioner a problem on the bottom. He's all upper body. Most of his 170lbs is up top and when he gets to putting it down on your chest while he's beating you down it can really wear on a guy. If you notice, even Royce was completely gassed by the end of that fight from being smotherfucked the whole time. The only way Renzo can possibly win this is to take Hughes down first, and I don't think he has the tools to do it. Hughes is still very strong and very capable of beating Renzo just about anywhere this goes.

smotherfucked
    I like that.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I really like Hughes in this fight, and -440 is not bad. I have hughes +260 something to win by decision for half a unit. I say Hughes is at least a 80% favorite, and even if he only wins a decision half the time he wins ( 40%), +260 has value.