Thread: Coleman ‘Probably’ Finished in UFC, White Says

Coleman ‘Probably’ Finished in UFC, White Says

LAS VEGAS -- Mark Coleman, the first heavyweight champion in the promotion’s history, appears to have fought his last fight in the UFC.

The 45-year-old submitted to a second-round rear-naked choke from fellow hall of famer Randy Couture in the UFC 109 “Relentless” main event on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Coleman has lost two of his three fights since returning from a decade-long absence from the Octagon.

“I think that was probably Coleman’s last fight in the UFC,” UFC President Dana White said. “Mark Coleman has always been a stand-up guy with me. I think he’s going to have a hard time competing with these guys at the top. Age is a factor with him.”

Coleman mounted virtually no offense against Couture, who bullied him into the cage and battered him the clinch. Couture took down the Columbus, Ohio, native without much resistance in the second round, quickly moved into a dominant position and dropped punches until his wilting foe surrendered his back. From there, the conclusion was a mere formality, as Couture delivered his first submission win in more than four years.

“[Coleman] wasn’t able to do anything,” White said. “Is a fighter ever accepting? It’s tough to say it’s over.”

How do you go from a main event attraction to out of the UFC in one day?

Sure Coleman stood zero chance of beating a faster Couture but wasnt it only 7 months ago he beat Bonnar?
    The UFC has scubs way worse than Coleman fighting .Whos the better HW draw Chris Tuchscherer or Coleman ?and yes I say HW I still think Coleman has trouble getting to 205

I understand when its time for a fighter to quit but I dont understand making a guy a main event and then throwing him to the curb the next day lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Coleman ‘Probably’ Finished in UFC, White Says

I say give him one more fight and see what happens. There should be an unofficial rule that states that a fighter has to lose 2 in a row to get cut.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I say give him one more fight and see what happens. There should be an unofficial rule that states that a fighter has to lose 2 in a row to get cut.
    I agree he should one more and see what happens

I want to see him fight Tito after they were cussing at each other last night but honestly I cant think of a good matchup for him to get a win
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I wouldnt mind seeing him fight Tito after Tito gets Ko'd by Liddell.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter