Thread: Andrei Arlovski -Fres Oquendo Feb. 27 boxing exhibition bout

Andrei Arlovski -Fres Oquendo Feb. 27 boxing exhibition bout

Out of action since a June 2009 TKO loss to Brett Rogers, former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski returns to a ring – rather than a cage – for a four-round boxing exhibition bout with heavyweight boxer Fres Oquendo.

Arlovski's camp today announced the fight, which takes place Feb. 27 at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in Florida.

The exhibition fight serves as a fundraiser for The Consequences Charity, a nonprofit organization that works to prevent adolescent criminal behavior via community support and intervention programs.

All proceeds from ticket sales and auction items from the event, dubbed "The Blacks Annual Gala," go the charity.

"I am honored to step into the ring with a great fighter like Fres Oquendo," Arlovski stated. "This is going to be an exciting exhibition match, but we already know the winner: the children we are helping."

Arlovski (15-7), 31, hasn't fought since his back-to-back losses to Fedor Emelianenko and Rogers in 2009. Prior to the defeats, the former UFC title-holder had posted five consecutive wins (four via knockout), which included three straight wins in the UFC. However, after electing not to re-sign with the UFC, Arlovski fought for Affliction Entertainment (before its eventual demise) and Strikeforce and has emerged as the No. 2 ranked heavyweight behind Emelianenko.

Oquendo, 36, owns a 31-5 professional boxing record with 20 career knockouts during a 12-year pro career. Still ranked among the heavyweight division's top 10 by many media outlets, Oquendo is 5-1 since 2007, and the lone loss came to notable (and UFC hopeful) James Toney via split decision. Oquendo perhaps may be best known for a controversial November 2006 unanimous-decision loss to Evander Holyfield for the vacant USBA heavyweight title.

"I have seen Arlovski in the ring and in the cage, and I am excited to be able to showcase my skills against an MMA legend," Oquendo stated. "Believe me, we are going to go at it for four rounds with the goal that every punch and every blow helps this cause."

Now when they say "exhibition bout" do they mean Oquendo is being paid to make Arlovski look good? Because in a "real" boxing match Oquendo would destroy AA
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Andrei Arlovski -Fres Oquendo Feb. 27 boxing exhibition bout

If Andrei decides he doesn't want to fight anymore, he can be an actor instead. Have you guys seen the trailer for Universal Soldier: Regeneration? Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpjxK5i4EDM

I'm not posting this as a joke. The movie is actually pretty good. I downloaded it and liked it enough that I went out and bought it on Blu-Ray the other day. It was surprisingly good for a straight-to-video action film.
    I heart cock