Thread: Coleman and Hague cut by UFC

Coleman and Hague cut by UFC

Despite headlining the organization's most recent card, UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman has been cut from the UFC's roster of light heavyweights.

Fiveouncesofpain.com first reported the termination, which MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has since confirmed with a source close to the UFC.

Coleman, a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion and the first-ever UFC heavyweight title-holder, went 1-2 in the UFC after coming out of retirement and rejoining the UFC in 2008.

On Feb. 6 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, he suffered a second-round submission loss to fellow ex-champ Randy Couture in the night's pay-per-view main event.

As MMAjunkie.com reported after the event, UFC president Dana White hinted at Coleman's likely termination and predicted the Couture loss would be his final UFC appearance.

"I think tonight was probably Coleman's last fight in the UFC," White said. "I'm not taking anything away from Mark Coleman. I have nothing but respect for him, and I'll say this now, too: Mark Coleman has always been a stand-up guy to me.

"He'll always be a part of this organization. I just think he'll have a hard time competing with the guys at the top level. Age is a factor with him."

Coleman debuted for the organization in 1996 at UFC 10. The former collegiate wrestling champion introduced the mixed-martial-arts world to the ground-and-pound style that is required study in the modern version of the sport. He fought his first nine career contests in the UFC and defeated Dan Severn at UFC 12 to claim the first heavyweight title. He also won the UFC 10 and UFC 11 tourneys.

Coleman then took his services to Japan and made history as the winner of PRIDE's 2000 open weight grand prix.

It's unknown if Coleman will look to fight elsewhere or if he'll call it a career with his 16-10 record (and 7-5 mark in the UFC).

For complete coverage of UFC 109, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Coleman and Hague cut by UFC

With a 1-2 record and a close majority-decision loss to Chris Tuchscherer at this past weekend's UFC 109 event, Tim Hague has been released from the UFC's roster of heavyweights.

The Canadian today fighter confirmed his termination via Facebook.

Hague, who submitted Pat Barry in his octagon debut, suffered a knockout loss to Todd Duffee and then dropped the decision loss to Tuscherer to move his overall record to 10-3.

The loss to Tuchscherer, which came on the UFC 109 preliminary card at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, has been heavily debated. MMAjunkie.com scored the first two rounds for Tuschscherer and gave a dominant third to Hague, 10-9. Although one judge saw the final round 10-8 for Hague, the other two awarded it a 10-9 score, which prompted scores of 29-28, 29-28 and 28-28 to give Tuchscherer the majority decision.

Hague, a former kindergarten teacher who turned to MMA fulltime when only two students showed up for the first day of class, is a former King of the Cage fighter. Although he'll return to the regional fight circuit, he hopes eventually to return to the UFC.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Coleman should head to Strikeforce imo. He could make more money and fight some cans for a while before fighting a big fight to end his career
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Add Frank Trigg to the list

It's two and out for UFC welterweight Frank Trigg after his Ultimate Fighting Championship return.

After posting a 6-1 record to earn his way back into the organization and signing a new deal with the UFC in 2009, Trigg was notified on Monday that he had been dropped from the UFC after a knockout loss to Matt Serra at this past weekend's UFC 109 event.

Trigg confirmed the news with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Wednesday.

Trigg said he held off on sharing the news until he could notify family members. He said he's undecided if he'll pursue opportunities outside the organization.

The former University of Oklahoma wrestler and PRIDE veteran suffered a TKO loss to Josh Koscheck in September; it was Trigg's first fight in the UFC since a submission loss to Georges St-Pierre at UFC 54 in 2005.

With that loss and the subsequent first-round stoppage defeat to Serra, UFC officials elected to cut Trigg from its welterweight roster.

Following that first UFC stint that ran from 2003 to 2005, which included a pair of title losses to then-champ Matt Hughes, Trigg (19-8 MMA, 2-5 UFC) fought for organizations such as Strikeforce, World Victory Road, HDNet Fights and ICON Sport, where he defeated Jason "Mayhem" Miller for the organization's middleweight title.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I honestly hate it for Trigg. I don't know why they don't let him fight someone like John Howard or Chris Lytle. Is it so necessary to throw him into the deep end immediately?
    I heart cock

Im pretty sure Phillepe "Lil Anderson Silva" Nover got the ax too.

Kind of fucked up for Hague. Such a close loss, arguably, a win for him, and he gets the boot.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Giant who cares
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Giant who cares

Since it isnt one of your man crushes I guess you dont care
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Giant who cares

Bitch please I bandwagon hop far too much for one of my guys to be cut.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

[quote=zY|]
    Quote Originally Posted by "zY|":3nyj1sst
    Giant who cares

Bitch please I bandwagon hop far too much for one of my guys to be cut.[/quote:3nyj1sst]

lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

[quote=zY|]
    Quote Originally Posted by "zY|":7d15f2ee
    Giant who cares

Bitch please I bandwagon hop far too much for one of my guys to be cut.[/quote:7d15f2ee]

I got a chuckle out of that.

why is rolles gracie not cut? he should have been the 1st to go, cant believe they paid him 15k for that shitfest

Quote Originally Posted by thatchillguy
    why is rolles gracie not cut? he should have been the 1st to go, cant believe they paid him 15k for that shitfest

Your wish is Dana's command:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...0735&zoneid=13

Rolles Gracie (3-1) was one of the many fighters handed their pink slip from the Ultimate Fighting Championship following UFC 109 losing performances.

Gracie lost his highly anticipated UFC debut to Joey Beltron (11-3) by technical knockout in a one-sided fight where Gracie appeared fatigued almost immediately.

MMAWeekly.com confirmed the news from UFC sources on Thursday that Gracie was cut from the organization.

The 31-year-old fighter with the famous last name made his professional mixed martial arts debut in the now defunct International Fight League, and gathered two more wins in Art of War before losing to Beltron in the UFC.

MMAWeekly.com was originally informed from sources close to Gracie that the heavyweight would remain in the Las Vegas based organization, but it’s come to light that Gracie was among the fighters released.

The Renzo Gracie trained athlete was expected to make an impact in the UFC heavyweight division. Renzo said his student’s performance was “embarrassing,” in interviews following the event.

Renzo Gracie makes his UFC debut against former two-time UFC welterweight titleholder Matt Hughes at UFC 112 on April 10 in Abu Dhabi.

Wow, coming in with all that hype and he gets cut after one loss?
    I heart cock