Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans-Rampage UFC 114

Re: Evans-Rampage UFC 114

I watched some footage on Jason Brilz. Vs Eliott marshall. His striking really really stinks. Nog is a pan am medalist. I think Brilz is going to get KO'd or submitted.

Todd Duffee is hyped up to hell due to his 7 sec KO. I'm not saying he isn't good but he is very new and Mike Russow is pretty experienced and will likely be a big dog. Russow is a wrestler asd well, he might be able to get duffee down and avoid the missles Duffee is packing.

Thats all for now.
    1 unit = 300 $

Dan Lauzon tells the Boston Herald that his brother Joe and his usual coaches have given up on him just two weeks before his UFC 114 fight with Efrain Escudero:

"This is going to be the first fight I don’t have them in my corner," Dan Lauzon said last week. "They’re not going to be there to support me. It (stinks). I don’t really know what I did to deserve this. I wouldn’t do that to anybody. I wouldn’t do that to my brother, I wouldn’t do that to anyone in my gym. It’s not right."

"He trained better than he did before (the ultimatum), but he still didn’t fulfill everything we wanted him to do," Joe Lauzon said. "We said you need to train 10 or 11 times a week, and he didn’t do that. I don’t think he’s done that one time."

Dan Lauzon disputed that account, saying that no specific guidelines were ever presented to him.

"In my eyes, I was doing everything right," he said. "I was making it to the gym; I was training hard two times a day. I was doing everything right. I was completely blown away."

"I was completely hurt by it, especially my brother Joe. I don’t think anybody would ever do that to their brother. I can’t think of anyone else that would ever do that to their brother and just tell them, ’Hey, you’re on your own.’"

"I think I’m going to be pretty much looking for a new gym and new coaches to train with," he said. "People I can actually count on and rely on and not somebody that’s going to halfway through a camp say, ’Hey sorry, you’re going out there alone, good luck.’ "

Lauzon scrambled to find new cornermen and will have WEC fighter Josh Grispi, "Ultimate Fighter" alum John Clarke and training partner Brandon Chase with him in Las Vegas.

First off, that's some crazy shit. That's definitely going to fuck with Dan's head and makes me more confident in my Escudero bet.

Second, training 10 or 11 times a week seems like OVERTRAINING.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    First off, that's some crazy shit. That's definitely going to fuck with Dan's head and makes me more confident in my Escudero bet.

Second, training 10 or 11 times a week seems like OVERTRAINING.
    Yeah, it is making me want to place a bet on Escuderdo. And naw, 10-11 times a week is basically just a few 2 a days. Say conditioning/weights in the AM, sparring/whatever in the PM or something along the lines of that.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Yeah, it is making me want to place a bet on Escuderdo. And naw, 10-11 times a week is basically just a few 2 a days. Say conditioning/weights in the AM, sparring/whatever in the PM or something along the lines of that.
    Coming from something of a weightlifting background (not really, but sort of), I come from the school that one should keep their training brief and explosive. Rest essential.

Also, if it takes all that bullshit to be a pro fighter then I guess I just never will be.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Coming from something of a weightlifting background (not really, but sort of), I come from the school that one should keep their training brief and explosive. Rest essential.

Also, if it takes all that bullshit to be a pro fighter then I guess I just never will be.
    Yeah well if you are training for a strength sport, it's totally different. It's not like fighters train to improve the big 3 for PLing, their body parts for BBing, and the clean and jerk/snatch for OLing.

Yeah well if you are training for a strength sport, it's totally different. It's not like fighters train to improve the big 3 for PLing, their body parts for BBing, and the clean and jerk/snatch for OLing.
    Most of my knowledge comes from the bodybuilding arena. (Not that I look anything like a bodybuilder.)

It seems to me that muscle recovery would be the same across all sports, though. The body needs time to heal.
    I heart cock

I've heard using Creatine helps to aid in the process of muscle healing to allow someone to train two or three days in a row, but I don't know if it's true.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Thats some fuckin BS. I dont care what the fuck my brother was doing, I would never do him like that. I dont care if he didnt train one day. I would have at least cornered him, and then parted ways AFTER the fight.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Dan has some personal problems too. I remember reading several years ago that he dropped out of HS, and had some drug proboem or something. I am sure that he just keep shitting on everyone and Joe probably put it to him. Either get serious and do this right, or gtfo.

In any event... its pretty brutal. You still have to be in the guy's corner. Its his life, if he doesnt want to train, just let him get his ass kicked again.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    just let him get his ass kicked again.
    Agree. I would give my brother the: "See mutherfucker, you trained like shit, you got your fuckin ass whipped" speech.

Then I wouldnt train with him. I just cant abandon my blood like that, no matter what.

And speaking from experience, me and my brother been through a lot of shit, but we would follow each other into hell if we had too.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

^^

Yeah, I have brother issues too. I just don't really see how Dan's slacking has much effect on the team. I mean, its one thing if they need him as a training partner and he is messing up Joe's camp. But its his fight, if he wants to go in half assed, just let him reap the consequences and give him the big brother is disappointed look. On the other hand, Dan only got into the UFC because of Joe. So I can see why Joe is pissed, its like you vouch for a guy and then he screws you.

Actually, this is great news. I would love to see it become a massive feud. Then we could have Joe versus Dan.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I hope Efrain is training his ass off.
    I heart cock

Damn, money just came in on Efrain. I won't take him at -400.

The word is out.
    I heart cock

Rampage's line keeps getting better. I have a feeling we will see him at even money or better within the next week. I will definitely be on him at that price.

Rampage's line keeps getting better. I have a feeling we will see him at even money or better within the next week. I will definitely be on him at that price.
    I've already got 1.25u on him but if he gets to even then I will drop another half-unit.
    I heart cock

If Rampage wasnt coming off a year + layoff, I would be putting a big bet in. But, I just have 1.25u on him and another $20 bucks with a friend.

Added:
    .4u to win 1u prop that Jackson wins inside the distance
    .5u parlay to win 2u on Jackson and Escudero both winning inside the distance.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u