Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans-Rampage UFC 114

Re: Evans-Rampage UFC 114

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    Even in the close one: Penn / Edgar, it wasn't like rounds 4 and 5 followed a different pattern or shed that much light on which fighter was better.
    I would actually disagree here. I think that Penn's cardio really became a factor in the later rounds.

He easily won the first two rounds, in my opinion.

After that, Edgar started to capitalize on Penn's waning cardio.
    Yeah, I guess I can't really disagree with that. (Some of the judges at the fight did though...)

This main event blew ,WTF ? Most anticipated fight in history please!!!! Its wasnt even goo.The fight blew except for about 30 seconds.

J/k

Just giving you guys shit is all. Had this been the biggest boxing fight in history and been this bad I'm sure everyone would be jumping on me and boxing
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    You're compromising.

I can see you're rounding the corner.
    Yeah, I'm all for seeing more of close fights. But boring 5 round fights need to never happen. When fans get a boring 3 round fight, they grumble a little bit. When they see a boring 5 round fight, they get pissed. There's something about those extra two rounds that send people over the edge. Going over the last several: Shields / Hendo, Mo / Mousassi, Melendez / Aoki, Silva / Maia, GSP / Hardy, I don't think the last two rounds of these fights served any real purpose at all; everything was clear by the end of round 3. Even in the close one: Penn / Edgar, it wasn't like rounds 4 and 5 followed a different pattern or shed that much light on which fighter was better.
    First of all, if Strikeforce allows elbows, I'm not so sure Aoki or Mousasi see the final bell. Retardation aside, I don't agree with what you're saying on some of those decisions, and it also sounds like a bit of revisionist history. Edgar took over in the last 2 rounds, just as Shogun did against Machida in the first fight. GSP/Hardy was in no doubt, but a lesser man has his shoulder ripped off in round 4. It's easy to look at a fight after it happened and say yeah, obviously it was going to continue in the same fashion.

I prefer to look at it from fights that were unclear after 3 rounds or the tide was turning and wonder what could've been. And even if they were unclear, we may get more finishes. I know the statistics don't support this, but the sample size is so small I don't think it's relevant. A fight is like a nice long narrative being told. It has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. A 15 minute fight feels to me like we're only getting the first few chapters.

That's probably an uncohesive mess of thoughts, but I'm too lazy to organize it.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by Thewiseman
    +5.5u. Would have been almost 10u if Rampage would have won.

Great job wiseman

glad to hear that
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke

Great job wiseman

glad to hear that
    Need to start just tailing the fucking wiseman. Nigga seems to clean up every event.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I lost a lot tonight. I am going to start tightening up. I would like to get my money back by the end of August.

I didn't even care if Nog won, altough I thought it could have went either way. I saw it like Zy, Nog landed better shots, Brilz got a coupld of takedowns and did nothing with them but get swept.

I will take it.

But Diego losing wiped out almost all of the winnings anyway and I walked away with only a 2u win, because of Escudero.

I am cursed. I think SPX put a hex on me when I made fun of his deja vu theory.

It doesn't matter who I bet on, they can be -700 or -2000, they are going to lose.

In any event... I am going to regroup. While watching the fights I hatched an entirely new strategy. Prepare for sucess.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    In any event... I am going to regroup. While watching the fights I hatched an entirely new strategy. Prepare for sucess.
    Explain!

But Diego losing wiped out almost all of the winnings anyway and I walked away with only a 2u win, because of Escudero.
    Aw, how did you only end up +2 U? Didn't you literally bet almost 100 U on Nog? Or do you define your bankroll to 20 or 30 U?

Anyway, glad you won that - I figured it worked out best of both worlds for you. You get your money and an important lesson about going on tilt from the pants-shittingly close decision.

Ended the night + 10.46U Wheeeeeeeeee. Lost 1U on a personal bet with a friend though.

Congrats to the winners.

You know, I hate to say this...but I think Rashad has a great shot against Shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Congrats to the winners.

You know, I hate to say this...but I think Rashad has a great shot against Shogun.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AC88
    Ended the night + 10.46U Wheeeeeeeeee. Lost 1U on a personal bet with a friend though.
    Nice. Didnt you put like 10u on Kim? I almost put a few more on him, I had 2u, but I was scared of his cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by AC88
    Nice. Didnt you put like 10u on Kim? I almost put a few more on him, I had 2u, but I was scared of his cardio.
    Damn, 10u on Kim...That is crazy. I thought he would win, but I didn't know anything about Amir's grappling except his armbars over C.B.

On the round discussion. How bout a pride style 10 min first round? I always liked that.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Russow's chin is successfully defending Duffee's knockdown attempts. Octagon control point for Russow.
    I know Im late, but that shit was crackin me up.

I wound up losing 5 bucks on the event. I won my parlay (thanks Nog) and lost on Rampage.

YTD +28u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    My bets:

Rampage: 1.25u to win 1.04u
    Sanchez: 2.25u to win 1.07u
    Escudero: 3.5u to win 1u
    Aaron Riley: 2u to win 1.14u
    Stun Gun: .5u to win .6u

Escudero wins via (T)KO: .25u to win 1.75u
    -1.01u

Sucks. I was really hoping that the Timmy fight combined with 114 would get back all of my losses that I've run into in the last few events. Everything was looking good until the last two fights. Jesus, how the hell did I lose BOTH of those?! Furthermore, how did I not recognize the value in Hathaway?

Oh, and that officially wiped out my 5dimes account. That shit's just dead in the water until I refund it.
    I heart cock

I am cursed. I think SPX put a hex on me when I made fun of his deja vu theory.
    Yeah, that's probably it.

Do tell!
    I heart cock