Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans-Rampage UFC 114

Re: Evans-Rampage UFC 114

What about Brammer??? He is for sure going to be an underdog but I think he might take this. Any bets on where Luiz cane's line is going to be?

I originally thought Rampage would win. But now I am leaning Rashad.

Rampage has better hands, IMO, but Rashad gets in trouble when he is pressed. Rampage does not have a forward pressing style. He likes to counter lately. Whenever there is built up hate, both guys tend to fight scared. It usually makes for a boring fight, because no one wants to lose (see Hughes/Serra and Kos/Daley).

I think Rashad can take him down and just out hustle him.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I thought the fight could probably go either way before Rashad's fight with Thiago Silva, but now I'm not so sure.

With Rampage's wrestling skills, I really don't see Rashad running the wrestling train on Rampage like he did on Silva, and I don't think that Rashad has the power to really hurt Rampage. If Rampage lands though, he can knock Rashad straight the fuck out, just like Machida did and like Silva almost did in the third.
    I heart cock

I'll probably bet Rashad too .I think Rampage is on the downside of his career
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

No bet from me. If motivated, in shape Rampage comes in, Rashad shouldn't have much for him. If fat, out of shape Rampage shows up Rashad could beat him.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I thought the fight could probably go either way before Rashad's fight with Thiago Silva, but now I'm not so sure.

With Rampage's wrestling skills, I really don't see Rashad running the wrestling train on Rampage like he did on Silva, and I don't think that Rashad has the power to really hurt Rampage. If Rampage lands though, he can knock Rashad straight the fuck out, just like Machida did and like Silva almost did in the third.
    Rashad has power too. He has a couple of highlight reel KO's himself. I will agree that Rampage wins the battle of the chins though.

Still Rampage doesn't really change his gameplan up too much. Rashad seems like an intelligent fighter, he is going to do whatever he has to do to win the fight. Whereas Rampage is going to be looking for a knock out. Rashad also has kicks and wrestling to fall back on. Rampage used to have his slams, but it has been years since we have seen that. And even then, Rashad would outwrestle him.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Rashad has power too. He has a couple of highlight reel KO's himself. I will agree that Rampage wins the battle of the chins though.
    I think Rashad can KO regular guys or guys with questionable chins, but Rampage has always had a very good chin, so I just don't see Rashad's power coming into play here. If Rashad wins via strikes, then it will be because he somehow outpointed page, which is possible if he uses his speeds and avoids Rampage's power shots.
    I heart cock

Diego is -230 right now...

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Now that just might be worth a bet. . .
    I heart cock

Now that just might be worth a bet. . .
    I don't understand why all this money is coming in on Hathaway though.. hmm

Honestly, even if fat out of shape Rampage comes in, I don't know if Rashad has the tools to beat him. Rampage has NEVER been outwrestled that I have ever seen, not even by Dan Henderson. He has the better striking, the much better chin, and I honestly believe he has the better counter wrestling here. How he uses his wrestling is the difference maker, if he stuffs takedowns all night He's going to put Rashad in a bad place, if he allows himself to get taken down and then tries to rely on his sweeps and scrambles he could end up in trouble. Though it'd be very hard for Rampage not to get motivated for this fight seeing as he hates Rashad so much.

As far as the build up fights being boring, I think the Koscheck/Daley was a bit out of context. I thought the reason Koscheck took it to the ground and played it safe was because he was fully aware of what was on the line. The title shot loomed over the octagon when they fought and I think he kept that in mind every single step of the way. I don't blame him for fighting to his strengths with a shot at GSP riding on him winning or losing that night. Serra/Hughes sucked though.

Side note, I'm not touching the Diego fight because there is something strange going on with the line on Hathaway, and I don't trust it one bit.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I wished I had grabbed more of Hathaway @ +330, makes for a nice arbitrage.

I don't understand why all this money is coming in on Hathaway though.. hmm
    Same reasons we talked about, I suppose. Combine that with the fact that in Diego's last fight he took a brutal beating by the same man who just lost against Frankie Edgar and the puzzle comes together. . .
    I heart cock

Diego is down to -190. I am VERY close to pulling the trigger

Interesting situation we have on our hands here.

LOL at Sports Interaction opening Diego at -588.
    I heart cock

Interesting situation we have on our hands here.

LOL at Sports Interaction opening Diego at -588.
    The conspiracy theorist in my head is going on about how something might be wrong with Diego. Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Honestly, even if fat out of shape Rampage comes in, I don't know if Rashad has the tools to beat him. Rampage has NEVER been outwrestled that I have ever seen, not even by Dan Henderson. He has the better striking, the much better chin, and I honestly believe he has the better counter wrestling here. How he uses his wrestling is the difference maker, if he stuffs takedowns all night He's going to put Rashad in a bad place, if he allows himself to get taken down and then tries to rely on his sweeps and scrambles he could end up in trouble. Though it'd be very hard for Rampage not to get motivated for this fight seeing as he hates Rashad so much.

As far as the build up fights being boring, I think the Koscheck/Daley was a bit out of context. I thought the reason Koscheck took it to the ground and played it safe was because he was fully aware of what was on the line. The title shot loomed over the octagon when they fought and I think he kept that in mind every single step of the way. I don't blame him for fighting to his strengths with a shot at GSP riding on him winning or losing that night. Serra/Hughes sucked though.

Side note, I'm not touching the Diego fight because there is something strange going on with the line on Hathaway, and I don't trust it one bit.
    Well I agree with you on the wrestling front. Rampage is perennially underrated there. However, I think Rashad would've beat the Rampage that fought Jardine. I think this fight depends entirely on Rampage. If he just comes out headhunting and doesn't connect, then what? If he mixes it up like he's capable of he should win pretty handily.

I'd see if it goes even lower if it's dropped that fast.

You guys see any value in Brammer?? Im sure he will be an underdog

Went out and researched Hathaway. He is a jack of all trades type fighter. He doesn't have anything for Diego. Got taken down a lot by Story. Woudn't stand with Taylor.

Pull the trigger.