Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 115 discussion/odds

Re: UFC 115 discussion/odds

Anyone watch Miranda/Loiseau yet? Talk about a one-sided assbeating.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I haven't, but someone mentioned it earlier.

That bad?
    I heart cock

Now this will slow you down.Pat Barry's broken right foot and broken right hand

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Damn, that shit is fucked up.

And why does that shit look all red in the first pic?
    I heart cock

LOL at that foot. Looks like a neanderthal foot.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    OK, your talking Wikipedia. Scientist, you have to much on your plate here, you must have gotten me mixed up with someone else. No problem, you are very busy defending your position here, so I understand. Keep in mind, the only thing I pointed out to you was that Rolles had competed, something I thought was pretty much common knowledge. Oh, and that he was controlled by Beltran, something that just plain happened...It might have been because Rolles was gassed, or hurt....BUT, he was still controlled.

I am not disagreeing with your side here, just pointing out a couple of simple things.

My bad, confused you with Edman555. Your post and his post taken separately are not mean spirited. I read it as "Rolles Gracie competes, Wiki is your friend- dumbass."

My mistake. As for him being controlled, I have always said HW bjj is pretty much wrestling.

And whoever said Roger vs. Brock... ok- a 285 pound wrestler vs 205 bjj stylist will solve the debate. Why don't we put Roger in with Mo. I would bet my house on a submission (if Mo grappled with him, which he wouldn't). That is about as close as we will get to two guys at the top of thier games.

Or we could just re-watch Sonnen-Maia or Lindland-Jacare. Or I know, we could watch Severn-Gracie. That anyone even thinks this is debateable is ridiculous to me. If a wrestler could beat or even stall out in submission grappling, don't you think some enterprising wrestler would like to take home the $100,000 ADCC prize? Askren tried it this year. He did win one match. Too bad he would have had win liek seven times. Its been tried before. ADCC is open to all styles and there are substantial cash prizes for even winning one division. It actually pays more than most MMA fights.

Eveb Randy did a grappling match with Jacare. Randy was 220 and Jacare was 185. Randy managed to stall it out, but even Randy said he was just defending the entire time.

The one exception is your wrestling hero Jeff Monson, also a bjj blackbelt, who won ADCC a few years back. But the again, he is a HW.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I haven't, but someone mentioned it earlier.

That bad?
    That fight was about as one-sided as you can get. Miranda made Loiseau his bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AC88
    That fight was about as one-sided as you can get. Miranda made Loiseau his bitch.
    Damn, the Crow hasn't had a win in the UFC in like . . . 5 years.
    I heart cock

Damn, the Crow hasn't had a win in the UFC in like . . . 5 years.
    I'm amazed that the UFC has given him so many chances. They should just match him up with a striker next time. Grapplers eat him for any meal of the day.

I'm amazed that the UFC has given him so many chances. They should just match him up with a striker next time. Grapplers eat him for any meal of the day.
    I don't understand why, if they ARE going to keep bringing him back, that they don't give him strikers. My guess is that they don't actually want him to win . . . they just want to get a W for their prospect.
    I heart cock

Notice they bring him only into Canadian shows.

Loiseau has really lost some of the explosiveness that made him dangerous. This guy beat Evan Tanner a few years ago. He used to be so explosive... don't know what happened. Time I guess.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Notice they bring him only into Canadian shows.
    I have noticed that, and even then, when it seems like they'd want him to win to please the crowd, they give him a fight that they know he's not going to win.
    I heart cock

When I think of him, I always think of him finishing a fight with a spinning back kick. The only other fighter I've seen who has that kind of power in that technique is Dennis Siver.
    I heart cock

Yeah he kicked Charles McCarthy's guts out. I don't think it's so much power as it is the technique to land it in close like that.

When I think of Loiseau I always think of the 5 round asswhooping Rich Franklin threw him, and how swollen his face was. He looked like a goddamn cyclops.

I don't understand why, if they ARE going to keep bringing him back, that they don't give him strikers. My guess is that they don't actually want him to win . . . they just want to get a W for their prospect.
    He's not a bad guy to build a prospect off of I guess. IMO he wouldn't even get through very many of the strikers in the MW division now. I don't see a bright future for him in MMA. I can't see Loiseau having a major striking advantage over the likes of: Akiyama, Dollaway, Okami or Chris Leben. I think Marquardt, Belcher and probably even Wandy would beat his ass standing up.

I don't see a bright future for him in MMA.
    Well the thing is that he keeps winning fights outside of the UFC. He's 5-3 in his last 8 fights, and two of those losses were in the UFC. The other is a split decision against Jason Day.
    I heart cock

I don't see a bright future for him in MMA.
    Well the thing is that he keeps winning fights outside of the UFC. He's 5-3 in his last 8 fights, and two of those losses were in the UFC. The other is a split decision against Jason Day.
    We'll say UFC then. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist

My bad, confused you with Edman555. Your post and his post taken separately are not mean spirited. I read it as "Rolles Gracie competes, Wiki is your friend- dumbass."

My mistake. As for him being controlled, I have always said HW bjj is pretty much wrestling.

And whoever said Roger vs. Brock... ok- a 285 pound wrestler vs 205 bjj stylist will solve the debate. Why don't we put Roger in with Mo. I would bet my house on a submission (if Mo grappled with him, which he wouldn't). That is about as close as we will get to two guys at the top of thier games.

Or we could just re-watch Sonnen-Maia or Lindland-Jacare. Or I know, we could watch Severn-Gracie. That anyone even thinks this is debateable is ridiculous to me. If a wrestler could beat or even stall out in submission grappling, don't you think some enterprising wrestler would like to take home the $100,000 ADCC prize? Askren tried it this year. He did win one match. Too bad he would have had win liek seven times. Its been tried before. ADCC is open to all styles and there are substantial cash prizes for even winning one division. It actually pays more than most MMA fights.

Eveb Randy did a grappling match with Jacare. Randy was 220 and Jacare was 185. Randy managed to stall it out, but even Randy said he was just defending the entire time.

The one exception is your wrestling hero Jeff Monson, also a bjj blackbelt, who won ADCC a few years back. But the again, he is a HW.

Ok then lets put Lesnar in there with Werdum He's 240 instead of Gracie and the 2009 ADCC champ.Either way Lesnar wins.

Also the ADCC winner doesnt get 100K:

The winner of each weight class receives a monetary prize of US$10,000, while the runner up receives $5,000, third receives $3,000 and the fourth receives $1,000. The winner of the absolute weight class receives $40,000, the runner up receives $10,000, third receives $5,000 and the fourth receives $1,000
    Even if Lendar won the absolute and over 99KG thats only 50k you think Lesnar is going to waste his time for 50k when he makes 5x+ than that per fight?

I already gave you Kazushi Sakuraba vs Royler Gracie who was a ADCC champ
    And somehow Sakuraba-Renzo Gracie doesnt count even though Renzo was also a ADCC champ.If ADCC champs arent elite who is? Sakuraba is a wrestler and beat both of them

I like to say also Ryan Bader vs. Vinicius Magalhaes since Magalhaes came in 3rd in the 2009 ADCC but he got KTFO so fast by Bader that it never made it to the ground

If BJJ is so dominate over wrestling why doesnt it also work at HW? I'm not saying wreslting is better but its alot closer gap than your making it out to be. I mean a top wrestler that can throw a punch is UFC HW champ
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I like to say also Ryan Bader vs. Vinicius Magalhaes since Magalhaes came in 3rd in the 2009 ADCC but he got KTFO so fast by Bader that it never made it to the ground.
    Well in all fairness this is sort of moot because, like you say, it never even made it to the grappling portion of things. Bader's "wrestling" certain didn't give him the skills to knock someone out with a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    If BJJ is so dominate over wrestling why doesnt it also work at HW? I'm not saying wreslting is better but its alot closer gap than your making it out to be. I mean a top wrestler than can throw a punch is UFC HW champ
    Everyone knows he's gay for BJJ. I've just come to recognize it as a personality trait of the lovable pudgy bear known as MMA Scientist.
    I heart cock