Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 115 discussion/odds

Re: UFC 115 discussion/odds

I usually dont look at every fight on every card .Generally I take 3-4 fights that interest me that I already know something about both fighters and go from there
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Poopoo,

Danzig/Wiman will be very competitive. Wiman is tough and I think underrated. He has godo takedown defense, and good defense off his back. I think the standup will be about even, with a slight edge to Wiman. On the ground, Danzig is better, but I don't think so much better that he can do anything with it. It should be a close fight, and I have no idea what it will look like. If either guy is a big dog, they would have value, IMO.

I think Rothwell will beat Yvel. I think it is competive standing, but in the clinch and on the ground, Rothwell has the advantage. Yvel has nothing but a big punch. As SPX mentioned, Rothwell is very durable. Arlovski probably hit him with 200 shots. In 3 rounds, I think Rothwell will land a shot and finish it off.

I am not betting Chuck/Franklin. I look to their fights with Wanderlei as the measuring stick. I don't think either fighter will land anything definitive, but Franklin will probably land more shots. Chuck could use his takedowns to score points. It could go either way, but Chuck is probably the better bet with the current line... though it is not nearly enticing enough to make me want to bet it.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    The Thiago Alves -Jon Fitch fight will now be at UFC 115 Dana White just confirmed

Alves-Fitch be pushed back to UFC 117 for some reason now
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

The Thiago Alves -Jon Fitch fight will now be at UFC 115 Dana White just confirmed

Alves-Fitch be pushed back to UFC 117 for some reason now
    Saw that earlier.

This fight is cursed.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda added
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Just dropped 1 unit on pat barry @-125

I am excited for the Dunham vs griffin fight. I hope the bookies underestimate Dunham again. I think dunham will take this and im pretty sure he will be the dog. what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by ManBoobKilla
    I am excited for the Dunham vs griffin fight. I hope the bookies underestimate Dunham again. I think dunham will take this and im pretty sure he will be the dog. what do you guys think?
    I think it will be a close fight. Slight edge to Dunham. It depends on Griffin's gameplan IMO. I think the line will be close though.

Dunham's not ready for Griffin just yet.

I think Griffin will win this one via experience and just all around awesomeness. Griffin is always sort of looked past in the division and for whatever reason is rarely in title talks, despite the fact that he's 14-2, with his only two losses coming in a razor thin decision to former champ Sherk and another pretty close decision to current champ Edgar.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    I think it will be a close fight. Slight edge to Dunham. It depends on Griffin's gameplan IMO. I think the line will be close though.

I feel that dunham has the striking and bjj advantage. plus he is scrappy as hell. He rolled around with aurelio for 3 rounds for gods sake. obviously griffin has the wrestling advantage but we have seen what dunham can do to better wrestlers off his back. (Escudero)

I was an apologist for Dunham in the Escudero fight and made some money on that one, but don't get carried away. I'm not psychic, but Griffin wins this fight, I believe. Griffin will not get subbed by Duham, and I don't necessarily think he'll get outstruck either.

Dunham's a prospect . . . Griffin's a vet. Sure, we've seen prospects beat vets, but I think Grif goes 15-2 after this one.
    I heart cock

Well, I don't think Aurelio ever got him down. He won that fight with his takedown defense and standup. I don't think he could survive with Aurelio for 15 minutes grappling. Dunham is a brown belt under Megaton.

Griffin was part of the Cesar Gracie team before going to Couture. He was a purple belt (I think) when he left. He would most likely be a high brown or even black belt by now had he stayed. His overall grappling is vastly superior to Escudero's.

I give a slight striking edge to Dunham. he has better power and reach, but Griffin has good leg kicks and can get inside.

And I think the wrestling is pretty close, slight edge to Griffin. Dunham was a wrestler convert too.

I think Griffin can win it if he commits to a high paced up and down fight. If he tries to do his Sean Sherk impression and box with Dunham, he is going to be eating jabs all night because he is a midget.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I was an apologist for Dunham in the Escudero fight and made some money on that one, but don't get carried away. I'm not psychic, but Griffin wins this fight, I believe. Griffin will not get subbed by Duham, and I don't necessarily think he'll get outstruck either.

Dunham's a prospect . . . Griffin's a vet. Sure, we've seen prospects beat vets, but I think Grif goes 15-2 after this one.
    I think that Dunham has 3 ways to win dec, sub or tko. Griffin has one way most likely, which is Dec. Dunham becomes 11-0. I guess we will agree to disagree.

^^
    I think its really close, gun to head-- Dunham.

Scientist thinks Dunham beats Tyson Griffin but wouldn't bet on him to beat Escudero. . .
    I heart cock

I think that Dunham has 3 ways to win dec, sub or tko. Griffin has one way most likely, which is Dec. Dunham becomes 11-0. I guess we will agree to disagree.
    Grif just KOd Hermes Franca, so I would not underestimate his ability to finish. He can do it if he gets the opportunity.

With that said, yes, Griffin is a decision machine but he's very good at winning decisions.

One thing Dunham will NOT do is win via sub. Griffin's never been submitted in his life, despite the fact that he's been in there with lots of good BJJ guys. He's too savvy to fall for that shit.
    I heart cock

Scientist thinks Dunham beats Tyson Griffin but wouldn't bet on him to beat Escudero. . .
    WTF are you talking about? I told you Dunham was extremely live against Efrain. I didn't bet on him because I hadn't seen enough of him yet. But if you look at our coversation right here: http://investwithsports.com/phpBB2/v...=7052&start=45 You will see that I knew Efrain was in trouble and it almost looks like I sold YOU the Dunham play.

I am also not going to bet on him here. I think its a close fight that could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Well, I don't think Aurelio ever got him down. He won that fight with his takedown defense and standup. I don't think he could survive with Aurelio for 15 minutes grappling. Dunham is a brown belt under Megaton.

Griffin was part of the Cesar Gracie team before going to Couture. He was a purple belt (I think) when he left. He would most likely be a high brown or even black belt by now had he stayed. His overall grappling is vastly superior to Escudero's.

I give a slight striking edge to Dunham. he has better power and reach, but Griffin has good leg kicks and can get inside.

And I think the wrestling is pretty close, slight edge to Griffin. Dunham was a wrestler convert too.

I think Griffin can win it if he commits to a high paced up and down fight. If he tries to do his Sean Sherk impression and box with Dunham, he is going to be eating jabs all night because he is a midget.
    Dunham is a black belt now. He got it before or after his last fight.

Also, one fight changes a lot. Let us consider Sonnen pre and post Marquart.

Grif just KOd Hermes Franca, so I would not underestimate his ability to finish. He can do it if he gets the opportunity.

With that said, yes, Griffin is a decision machine but he's very good at winning decisions.

One thing Dunham will NOT do is win via sub. Griffin's never been submitted in his life, despite the fact that he's been in there with lots of good BJJ guys. He's too savvy to fall for that shit.
    Yes he did finish franca but franca doesnt have good defense, he realize on his chin to get him through fights. I might be alone here but I just see dunham winning