Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 115 discussion/odds

Re: UFC 115 discussion/odds

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Saw a SD thread on Barry... which sparked me to go out an research him and CC a little.

Barry really doesn't have an y good kickboxing wins... While CC has some very credible wins. Barry is 5'11, Cro Cop has never been outstruck by a shorter man. JDS and Kongo outstruck him, but they are both taller and have reach advantages. And they are both physically stronger and bigger than CC.

Barry has 6 fights, and I just don't think he is going to have enough for crocop. Everyone is talking about his demise, but his only bad loss is Kongo, and that is not horrible. There is no shame in being beaten by Gonzaga or JDS who are both top 10 HWs.

I just think Barry is a little overhyped, and CC's demise is a little exaggerated. Also, Mirko might surprise us and decide to grapple a little.

I agree .I havent really liked Barry since the line came out. Barry maybe faster but if CC takes him down (which he should) then its a mismatch on the mat.
    IMO the CC-JDS fight didnt look bad. Cro Cop fought the best fight against JDS that anyone has in the UFC.
    Now if CC just stands and trades he'll probably lose on points
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm really torn over Chuck v Franklin.

Chuck has a big power edge as well as a better chin. Franklin has speed and mixes up his striking better.

Originally I thought due to Franklins lack of power and suspect chin Chuck would have 3 rounds to catch him with something for the KO. But after rewatching the Jardine fight (another fighter with no chin) chuck got outpointed mostly due to effective leg kicks. I'm wondering if Franklin can do the same but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewiseman
    Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Oh, I forgot to mention, I think CC/Barry is going to go to a decision.
    Possible for sure, but unlikely. I think Barry finishes. The fight going the distance is +450 on dimes.

I think it goes to a decision too unless CC stops Barry but I suck at props
    i will be all over +450. I am considering funding 5dimes just to make that prop bet. If it opens on BM @ +200 or more, I will probably do it. I don't think I have ever made a prop bet.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Unreliable

Chuck has a big power edge as well as a better chin. Franklin has speed and mixes up his striking better.

Originally I thought due to Franklins lack of power and suspect chin Chuck would have 3 rounds to catch him with something for the KO. But after rewatching the Jardine fight (another fighter with no chin) chuck got outpointed mostly due to effective leg kicks. I'm wondering if Franklin can do the same but I'm not sure.
    that's another one I am not betting... I am pretty torn here too. I think it is possible that Chuck KO's him, or for Rich to just outwork Chuck. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Chuck throw in some takedowns. He used the takedown against Wandy. Rich has a decent defensive ground game but he is not a submission threat to Chuck. Chuck wants to win more than he wants a KO. He has been training his jj a lot, or so I have heard. He has also been talking about the reason for his losses being that he got predictable. So I see some takedowns. I doubt he can hold Rich down, but it would help set up his strikes and make Rich think twice about that nasty body kick he throws.

[quote=MMA_scientist]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Johnny Unreliable":39ty6syo

that's another one I am not betting... I am pretty torn here too. I think it is possible that Chuck KO's him, or for Rich to just outwork Chuck. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Chuck throw in some takedowns. He used the takedown against Wandy. Rich has a decent defensive ground game but he is not a submission threat to Chuck. Chuck wants to win more than he wants a KO. He has been training his jj a lot, or so I have heard. He has also been talking about the reason for his losses being that he got predictable. So I see some takedowns. I doubt he can hold Rich down, but it would help set up his strikes and make Rich think twice about that nasty body kick he throws.[/quote:39ty6syo]

Good points as always Scientist. Just rewatched the shogun fight and chuck looked slow with a capital S. If that Chuck shows up I think Franklin has a good chance. But I'm staying away from this one....

+450 may have value, but I think Barry is gonna knock CC out. I may place a micro bet on it, but its probably money down the drain.

I totally agree on cro cop. His leg is finally better after that Gonzaga fight and he is training with good kickboxers in Holland. Two big differences when you look at now and the past couple of years. I notice that Barry never beat any good kickboxers as well. Throw in the fact that cro cop is much more experienced all around and has a very good amateur boxing record(barry beat hardonk with punches basically), not to mention that he is an underdog..This is a great bet. I'm all over it.
    1 unit = 300 $

I feel Barry will absolutely destroy Cro Cop. Barry is too ferocious and cro cop doesnt have the killer instinct anymore. Look at the anthony perosh fight. He could have finished him in the first 3 minutes if he was more aggessive but, he didnt and it took him 3 rounds to finish a c level fighter. I dont know if barry will stop cro cop but it will be a beating IMO

I am going to bet purely for value this card except for maybe 1-2 fights. Value bets I am considering when all the prop odds and stuff are up:
    Wiman by decision
    Griffin/Dunham goes to decision
    Wiman/Danzig goes to decision
    Cro Cop/Barry goes to decision
    Rory Macdonald as a dog
    Pyle by submission

LOL

Paulo Thiago just opened at -475

WTF is this shit? Anyone with a 5dimes account, Kampmann is +325.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    LOL

Thats got Arb written all over it.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

[quote=IWS Zak]
    Quote Originally Posted by "zY|":2g0fovkz
    LOL

Thats got Arb written all over it.[/quote:2g0fovkz]

ROFL

It's already down to -170!

I wish I had a funded 5dimes when that shit hit.

It's likely though that they just changed it real quick.

I was wrong. Still going down. -140

1U on condit at +130 and going to lay about 3u on paulo when he stops dropping. -140 for paulo is crazy good. I hope dunham goes up to

Paulo at -110 now!!! is there something I dont know??

what about barry winning a decision at +725???

That had to be a mistake. -475 is just stupid.

I think he will settle in around -200. I like him to about -170

I am going to make a prop bet or 2 on this card

I got paulo at -135 for 3u. Im watching him on 5 dimes and he keeps going from -145 to -215. bouncying back and forth pretty much everytime I refresh it

I wish BM would open already...

make that +888 for barry winning a decision