Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikceforce CBS April 17th fights /discussion

Re: Strikceforce CBS April 17th fights /discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    King Mo just seems like a straight up ignorant motherfucker to me.
    I seem to always gravitate to those guys. Mir, BJ, Andy, the Diaz Brothers, Mo, etc. I love that shit.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I seem to always gravitate to those guys. Mir, BJ, Andy, the Diaz Brothers, Mo, etc. I love that shit.
    I think that Mir and BJ are both intelligent guys though. Cocky and mildly dillusional, perhaps, but they're well spoken and educated.
    I heart cock

I think that Mir and BJ are both intelligent guys though. Cocky and mildly dillusional, perhaps, but they're well spoken and educated.
    According to Sonnen R-OR, so is Andy...LOL
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Another man crush SPX?
    Nah, a minor one if anything. . .

I do like Mousasi, but I honestly haven't followed his career closely enough to be too attached. King Mo just seems like a straight up ignorant motherfucker to me. Have you seen his post fight interviews? I also remember he got fined $1000 for get Gatorade all over the cage in his post-fight celebration a couple of fights ago.

I think Mousasi wins but not enought to bet on it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Wow, waiting to bet on King Mo might have been a bad idea, down to +175 now, it was +210 earlier. Someone pummel the line on Mousasi please!

Carl Yarbrough -500

Josh Schockman +300
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm not a Lawal fan either. I think he should shut his mouth after the interview where he said some of the guys in the UFC "just aren't that good, you know?". I've been waiting for him to get matched up with someone who will knock him the fuck out and shut him up, and maybe Mousasi is the one to do it, but I kind of doubt it.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Mayhem is at -2000 now.

Who's his opponent? Is he fighting the fucking Pope or something?
    I heart cock

Some guy that's 9-7.

The type of guy Mayhem destroys.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Some guy that's 9-7.

The type of guy Mayhem destroys.
    How did that fight even get signed?
    I heart cock

So they could showcase Mayhem being Mayhem then destroying some can.

I'll go out on a limb and say Aoki's going to get tooled. Melendez has the stand up and wrestling advantage. It's Aoki's first time in a cage and first time out of japan I believe (could be wrong I didn't fact check that). He also doesn't get his little rainbow pants which much like a unicorn and its horn is were he stores his magical jujitsu powerz.....

but seriously I think the pants help a lot with control for his grappling style and using the rubber guard. I don't see him doing anything amazing after maybe the second round once they're slippery without Melendez just powering out of it. It will be interesting to see if he still retains the ability to go-go motherfuckers no gi err no pants.

3u's on Melendez at -160.

still debating throwing some down on hendo but the line sucks. With shields at +300 I think he has value there as he's still a dangerous opponent. Always a chance he could tie up a guillotine or even get on top but the fight favors Hendo imho. Anything over -250 is risky with hendo.

Tim Stout at +1000......tempting, hahaha

Tim Stout is actually a guy local to Nashville, they signed him to be the hometown opponent of someone, and when Mayhem couldn't get any other opponents in time for the show Stout drew the short straw. I think it's kind of disrespectful to Mayhem though. He goes from taking the current Strikeforce Middleweight Champion to a 5 round decision to fighting on the undercard against a scrub and having a chance to not even get seen on tv. What were they thinking here?

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Tim Stout is actually a guy local to Nashville, they signed him to be the hometown opponent of someone, and when Mayhem couldn't get any other opponents in time for the show Stout drew the short straw. I think it's kind of disrespectful to Mayhem though. He goes from taking the current Strikeforce Middleweight Champion to a 5 round decision to fighting on the undercard against a scrub and having a chance to not even get seen on tv. What were they thinking here?
    It's fucking Strikeforce. Their matchmaking other than marquee fights is absolutely godawful bordering on nonexistent. Instead of having meaningful prospects or upcoming fights on the undercard, they just grab whatever local scrubs are in the area and have them fight completely pointless fights to take up time. They leave guys on the shelf for ages and ages without fights. How long did Andre Galvao go without a fight? Fucking forever. Shaolin is still waiting.

And to Johnny Unreliable, that's definitely a strong possibility and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Gil just has his way with Aoki.

I agree the matchmaking when not dealing with their "face of the franchise" fighters leaves a little to be desired. But how do you go from giving this guy a title shot to fighting a no name on the undercard that might not even get aired? Mayhem is one of their top Middleweights and I just don't know why in the hell they decided to just up and feed him a nobody after he almost won the title(had it not been for the bell that choke would have put Shields out). I'd be fuckin' livid if I were Mayhem right now, it's utterly insulting.

Agreed. They could've had him fight Robbie Lawler again, or maybe Manhoef, or Scott Smith, hell even Diaz.

And from what I read, they said the Mayhem fight will be aired "in some form". Whatever that means. Maybe they'll show his entrance and a few highlights. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Unreliable
    I'll go out on a limb and say Aoki's going to get tooled. Melendez has the stand up and wrestling advantage. It's Aoki's first time in a cage and first time out of japan I believe (could be wrong I didn't fact check that). He also doesn't get his little rainbow pants which much like a unicorn and its horn is were he stores his magical jujitsu powerz.....

but seriously I think the pants help a lot with control for his grappling style and using the rubber guard. I don't see him doing anything amazing after maybe the second round once they're slippery without Melendez just powering out of it. It will be interesting to see if he still retains the ability to go-go motherfuckers no gi err no pants.

still debating throwing some down on hendo but the line sucks. With shields at +300 I think he has value there as he's still a dangerous opponent. Always a chance he could tie up a guillotine or even get on top but the fight favors Hendo imho. Anything over -250 is risky with hendo.

Anyone who says "motherfuckers" is okay in my book.

Good thoughts on the upcoming fights as well. Not sure I agree about Melendez, but it sounds okay to me. Personally, I wanted to bet Gil, but I thought he'd be the underdog. I just can't bring myself to bet him as the favorite against Aoki.

Keep posting around here and prove you can keep saying meaningful shit and I'm sure we'll start paying attention to you pretty soon.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Unreliable

Keep posting around here and prove you can keep saying meaningful shit and I'm sure we'll start paying attention to you pretty soon.
    Maybe. We still don't pay attention to SPX.

Or Zy for that matter.