Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: WEC 47: Bowles VS Cruz

Re: WEC 47: Bowles VS Cruz

The Faber Effect proves itself once again. . .

Even Pulver, Torres, and the BW title on the line can't stand against it. . .
    I heart cock

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    WOW WEC 47 only drew 373,000 viewers and I thought it was a good card
    When (not if) this thing Bombs on PPV in terms of Buys, I hope they just finally merge the WEC into the UFC.

If the UFC is only getting around 270,000 buys for their last 3 ppv's, I dont see how they even get 100,000 for this event at that price.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

The problem with merging is that there will be so many weight classes, but so little PPV time. A lot of good fights are already getting pushed onto the undercard because they only have a two hour block. If you add two more weight classes to the mix, then that just compounds the problem and fighters who are getting a lot of exposure now through the WEC probably wouldn't get nearly as much air time if they were in the UFC.

On the other hand, the UFC holds events more often so maybe it would even out.
    I heart cock

Put them little guys on the spike tv preshow. I wouldnt mind that at all.

That spike preshow is bs anyway. They re-show the fights on the PPV anyway.

Why not have 2 hour spike show, 3 hour PPV? Thats 5 hours of fight time, live. They can get guys like Aldo, Faber, Brown, etc on there plenty IMO.

Dude, fuck that! They are just as deserving of main card fights as any bigger fighter! Why the fuck would someone like Faber want to go from headlining a WEC card to fighting on the non-PPV-broadcast SPIKE show?
    I heart cock

3 hour PPV would be nice, but I don't think it will ever happen. I think that a lot of casual fans are ready to move onto something else after 2 hours.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Dude, fuck that! They are just as deserving of main card fights as any bigger fighter! Why the fuck would someone like Faber want to go from headlining a WEC card to fighting on the non-PPV-broadcast SPIKE show?

I dont have a problem with that either.

If you look at the next PPV, I would much rather see Aldo / Faber than Saunders / Ellenberger in that position of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I dont have a problem with that either.

If you look at the next PPV, I would much rather see Aldo / Faber than Saunders / Ellenberger in that position of the card.
    I honestly think Saunders/Ellenberger has the potential to be FOTN. They are both very exciting fighters and Ellenberger has the chance to show us if he can really be a contender. After a razor close decision to Condit and destruction of Pyle, I think he might climb quite high on the ladder, maybe even all the way to a title shot.
    I heart cock

I guess what Im trying to say. You got a good amount of fights that are 2nd, 3rd fight on the PPV, that I dont have as much interest in, as I would if it was a Aldo/Faber type fight.

Then you got fights with guys like Trigg/Kos, Baroni/Amir, etc. I love Baroni, but did we really need to see him gas out in 2 minutes again when he fought Sodallah? Shit like that can easily be replaced.

Same can be said for the fight night type events. You can showcase those guys on there as well.

When (not if) this thing Bombs on PPV in terms of Buys, I hope they just finally merge the WEC into the UFC.

If the UFC is only getting around 270,000 buys for their last 3 ppv's, I dont see how they even get 100,000 for this event at that price.

100K?? I think they'll be lucky to get 50k .I mean UFC got 3.7 million viewers for the free 105 event but are only getting 300k in PPV ,thats 10% .10% of the 600k thats watched the highest rated WEC is only 60k so I think 50k is about right. When you cant even get 400k people to watch a free event I cant see more than 50k paying for the PPV
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

100K?? I think they'll be lucky to get 50k .I mean UFC got 3.7 million viewers for the free 105 event but are only getting 300k in PPV ,thats 10% .10% of the 600k thats watched the highest rated WEC is only 60k so I think 50k is about right. When you cant even get 400k people to watch a free event I cant see more than 50k paying for the PPV
    As a lot of other people have noted, the WEC's numbers are probably as low as they are because they're on Versus, a channel that not everyone has even if they have cable. (No one on DirecTV has it right now, for instance.)

I'd like to see how the WEC would do if they were on Spike.

With that said, I know very little about ratings and TV numbers and that sort of thing, but 300K sounds like a lot of people to me.
    I heart cock

I hope they merge the two. I mean theres still no reason an Aldo-Faber couldnt be a main event or co main event on a UFC PPV .I dont care what size fighters are .I mean come on the best boxing fights in the world are the guys (Manny,DLH,Cotto,Clottey,Mayweather ) that are the same size as the WEC guys .

I say extend the PPV time charge 5 more bucks for the PPV hell charge 10 more I never pay for it anyway and merge the two together
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    As a lot of other people have noted, the WEC's numbers are probably as low as they are because they're on Versus, a channel that not everyone has even if they have cable. (No one on DirecTV has it right now, for instance.)

I'd like to see how the WEC would do if they were on Spike.

With that said, I know very little about ratings and TV numbers and that sort of thing, but 300K sounds like a lot of people to me.

300k isnt shit when the highest rated shows get 30 million every week .Lets put it this way Jimmy Fallon on the late show gets 2.5 million viewers a day 8 times what the WEC show got that was free and on at 10pm.300k is the poorest ratings I have ever heard of for any show thats still on the air
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

These pay per views the UFC does are always close to 3 hours anyway. They usually throw on a couple undercard fights after the event , which is more time WEC guys can get.