Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: UFN 3/31 odds/discussion

Re: UFN 3/31 odds/discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    What is even worse, I must have been in la la land, because I did it not once, not twice, but 3 times in row... all almost simultaneously... but still.
    Three times? Uh oh. OK, so we've got Florian and Nelson. What's the third bet? Or is it too horrible to mention?
    it was on Maia, but since he is +400, it actually did not make a difference, it was under what I was going to bet anyway. I wanted to put 2u on him, which would obviously return more than 5u. Since I bet to win 5u, I actually had to add to my bet.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

All it would take is someone wanting -290 on Roy and Florian to get you hedged out. I tell matchbook to get the lines up and then I'll watch the lines . You're bascially the bookie on matchbook .Worst case is you could put up +290 on both and no one take them and your still out nothing
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    All it would take is someone wanting -290 on Roy and Florian to get you hedged out. I tell matchbook to get the lines up and then I'll watch the lines . You're bascially the bookie on matchbook .Worst case is you could put up +290 on both and no one take them and your still out nothing

Yeah, keep an eye on it for me. I need to get a Matchbook account.

So far I have 5.5u on Florian to win 2u, and have 2u at risk with him in a parlay.
    Have 6u on Okami in a parlay.
    Have 2u on Siver to win 3.18u

I will be taking:
    Kenflo - 6U
    Country - 6U
    Pearson - 5U

Ok bye

Quote Originally Posted by Ipickdeeznuts2win

Ok bye

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Actually Machida entered the UFC about a month before Pride was sold to the Fertittas, so...

Also, he was fighting in Japan in all through 2004-2005, just not in Pride. He was fighting in K-1 and Inoki Bon Ba Ye. So since he wasn't fighting in Pride when he could have been, and was fighting in the UFC before most of these Pride fighters came in, that would sort of make him a UFC fighter by default.

I already said if you put Rampage, Wanderlei, Hendo, and Shogun up head to head against Chuck, Tito, Randy, and Franklin it wouldn't even be close 4 years ago. However four years ago we had alot of differences at work here. A ring vs an Octagon, stomps allowed in one but not in the other, steroids permitted in one and not the other.

I'll be honest I was just arguing and messing with you last night because I couldnt sleep .
    It's cool man. I love a good debate that doesn't turn into a mudslinging contest.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Siver was on Unleashed last night. He was going about even with Paul Kelly until he caught him with that spinning kick. I think I am going to take Pearson too for 3u.

Siver was on Unleashed last night. He was going about even with Paul Kelly until he caught him with that spinning kick. I think I am going to take Pearson too for 3u.
    I just did a little research on Siver. I watched his fights with Kelly and Hartt. I also rewatched Pearson v Riley.

I think the value here is probably on Siver, especially if his line climbs any higher. (I DEFINITELY would've been on him at +225 when Bookmaker opened him if I had known who the fuck he was.) I think he seems pretty slick in the stand up and appears to also have good takedown defense and even a solid ground game.

I like Pearson. He's a little bulldog who seems to have the ability to bully his opponents, but I actually am thinking about a play on Siver here.
    I heart cock

Against any other up and coming fighter at 155(except Escudero and Etim) I'd go with Siver. But I just don't see how he wins this fight against Pearson. Pearson's striking may not be as crisp as it can be one day but he's no slouch. His takedowns are pretty good and his ground game is above average. Siver has that nasty left counter hook but not a whole lot else. Not everyone is going to keep rushing straight ahead with no angles like Paul Kelly did. I don't see Siver able to work that "sit back and crank you with My left counter" tactic all night with Pearson. Pearson will just fake a lunge and change levels or smother him against the fence.

Siver has that nasty left counter hook but not a whole lot else.
    Well hold up now. He has finished 2 of 3 UFC fights with a spinning back kick. Also, I'm not sure of the specifics, but I know Joe Rogan mentioned that Siver was a kickboxing champ in Germany as well.

Not everyone is going to keep rushing straight ahead with no angles like Paul Kelly did. I don't see Siver able to work that "sit back and crank you with My left counter" tactic all night with Pearson. Pearson will just fake a lunge and change levels or smother him against the fence.
    I understand the "smother him against the fence" sentiment. That's what Pearson does. But I actually think it won't be as easy as you might expect against Siver. He's a powerful guy and seems to have good grappling ability. I'm not sure that he'll be so easily controlled.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I just did a little research on Siver. I watched his fights with Kelly and Hartt. I also rewatched Pearson v Riley.

I think the value here is probably on Siver, especially if his line climbs any higher. (I DEFINITELY would've been on him at +225 when Bookmaker opened him if I had known who the fuck he was.) I think he seems pretty slick in the stand up and appears to also have good takedown defense and even a solid ground game.

I like Pearson. He's a little bulldog who seems to have the ability to bully his opponents, but I actually am thinking about a play on Siver here.
    Really? I wasn't very impressed with him. I think Pearson is going to just go Guida on him. Pearson has a relentless pace, and seems to just walk through everything. @ -188, I like Pearson. @ +225, I also like Siver. But he is only +148. No way I would take him for that.

Really? I wasn't very impressed with him. I think Pearson is going to just go Guida on him. Pearson has a relentless pace, and seems to just walk through everything. @ -188, I like Pearson. @ +225, I also like Siver. But he is only +148. No way I would take him for that.
    Hmm. . .

I don't know, man. Even at +148 I might like Siver (though he's at +165 at 5dimes.) If I was going to bet Pearson, I'd probably need -125 or so.
    I heart cock

I would take Siver at even. He is winning this fight 60% IMO. I have 2u on him.

I just rewatched the fight between Siver and Mohr. In the words of GSP "I'm not impressed by his performance". You can make a case that he won round one because he rocked Mohr early on, but he spent most of the remainder of that round on his back with Mohr mounting him, he managed to get half guard and guard before they got stood up. Second round was all Mohr. Mohr picked him apart with counters. In round three Mohr wasn't quite as dominant but he was still working Siver pretty good until Siver started to set something up. He finally unleashed the spinning back kick that ended the fight but if it hadn't been for that he very well may have lost the fight.

I just don't see Siver being able to implement this kind of stuff against Pearson.

I just don't see Siver being able to implement this kind of stuff against Pearson.
    agreed. I think Pearson is just a flat out better fighter. He was having trouble with Paul Kelley as well. I am sorry, but Paul Kelley is horrible.

agreed. I think Pearson is just a flat out better fighter. He was having trouble with Paul Kelley as well. I am sorry, but Paul Kelley is horrible.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. Paul Kelly is a solid mid-level fighter. He almost finished Marcus Davis, and say what you will about Davis, but he's a good fighter, much better than someone like Pearson as this point in their careers.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. Paul Kelly is a solid mid-level fighter. He almost finished Marcus Davis, and say what you will about Davis, but he's a good fighter, much better than someone like Pearson as this point in their careers.
    I guess we are... Paul Kelley wouldnt be champ of the hometown show in my city. There is nothing he does well.

He has not finished a fight in the UFC, take Roli Delgado and Troy Mandaloniz to decisions, and he got stopped in both of his losses, to Siver and Marcis Davis. His best win to date is over fellow middling brit Paul Taylor. He buit his record in the UK = all cans. No way he'd be in the UFC if he wasn't british. No freakin way.

So scientist, you have Veach over Kelly then? :)

Here is the breakdown from SPX's best friend:

http://www.mmamafia.net/mma-news/fea...breakdown.html

I get a lot out of the breakdowns...

I am considering making a play on Tibau now.