Thread: Good ol' Dana, always a business man. . .

Good ol' Dana, always a business man. . .

TORONTO -- English welterweight Dan (The Outlaw) Hardy's stomach tattoo was airbrushed out of the UFC 111 fight poster because it is "anti-Chinese government stuff," according to UFC president Dana White.

"I'm trying to get into China," he told fans at a question-and-answer session Tuesday. "I don't need anti-Chinese government stuff on my fighters."

Hardy, however, says the tattoo -- the fighter's favourite -- is a Tibetan Buddhist prayer written in Sanskrit.

"It's basically just like a prayer for focus," Hardy said. "It keeps me walking the path that I should be walking without veering off and distracting myself."

Apprised of that explanation, White said: "That's not what I heard."

"This thing popped up and I heard that it was anti-Chinese government, so I ripped that thing off it. I'm not going to put him on a poster with anti-Chinese government writing on it when we're trying to get into China. . . . I don't what this stuff means, so I've got to be safe."

Hardy challenges Canadian Georges St-Pierre for his UFC welterweight title Saturday at UFC 111 in Newark, N.J.
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=315214
    I heart cock

Re: Good ol' Dana, always a business man. . .

Soon he will be shopping GSP's head on all the white fighters, and Anderson's on all the black guys.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Shit like that makes the UFC seem totally amoral.

Why not take a political or moral stance for once? The Chinese government obviously has done a lot of fucked up shit. Everyone knows it.
    I heart cock

^^or try figuring out what it even means instead of just going on hearsay. Hardy said it just some type of Sanskrit prayer.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

We already know Dana and the Chinese govt. have similar views when it comes to freedom of the press. Seems like a good fit.

I'd be really amused if Hardy told the tattoo guy to just give him a tat of "a Buddhist prayer" and the guy put "FREE TIBET!" on his stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Shit like that makes the UFC seem totally amoral.

Why not take a political or moral stance for once? The Chinese government obviously has done a lot of fucked up shit. Everyone knows it.

Its all about money man ,no one wants to piss off a country that has 10x the people as the US
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP