Thread: UFC 116 discussion/matchups

Re: Wanderlei/Akiyama Set For UFC 116

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Also Nate Marquardt -Alessio Sakara now

Its off

Alessio Sakara Withdraws from UFC 116 Matchup with Nate Marquardt

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: UFC 116 discussion/matchups

Sakara probably knew he was in for a serious ass kicking.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Dick move.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/2/145 ... f#comments

His dad died
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Dick move.
    Hey, I didn't know. . .
    I heart cock

I'm new to these forums and I thought I would start things out with my picks for ufc 116.

As follows:

Shane carwin over brock. I think brocks layoff and Shanes punching power will make the difference. Don't forget Brock is still a rookie by all MMA standards.

Kongo over Nelson. The nelson hype train is in full gear. Should be a good line. Also I don't think Nelson will have an easy time taking Kongo down. Nelson isn't Cain V in the wrestling department and Kongo is worlds stronger than him. Also in the striking department they are about even(im no expert) but Kongo is much longer and stronger.

Tuscherer over Schaub. Wrestler Vs. Football player....

Madsen over Vermola. Vermola is a brit. Generally bad wrestling. I don't know much about him though. Obv Madsen's wrestling is good.

Goran Rel over Kendall. Goran is a very good BJJ guy, so is Kendall. The diff..Goran is the physically more compact stronger guy. SO.......Maybe he will get the t-down easier over Grove. I'm not positive about this.

Thoughts, opinions?
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    I'm new to these forums and I thought I would start things out with my picks for ufc 116.

As follows:

Shane carwin over brock. I think brocks layoff and Shanes punching power will make the difference. Don't forget Brock is still a rookie by all MMA standards.

Kongo over Nelson. The nelson hype train is in full gear. Should be a good line. Also I don't think Nelson will have an easy time taking Kongo down. Nelson isn't Cain V in the wrestling department and Kongo is worlds stronger than him. Also in the striking department they are about even(im no expert) but Kongo is much longer and stronger.

Tuscherer over Schaub. Wrestler Vs. Football player....

Madsen over Vermola. Vermola is a brit. Generally bad wrestling. I don't know much about him though. Obv Madsen's wrestling is good.

Goran Rel over Kendall. Goran is a very good BJJ guy, so is Kendall. The diff..Goran is the physically more compact stronger guy. SO.......Maybe he will get the t-down easier over Grove. I'm not positive about this.

Thoughts, opinions?

Kongo-Nelson is off because Kongo has a back injury

Welcome man I'm sure plenty of guys have opinions on the above fights
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Edman, welcome to the forums. I hope you don't mind people talking about your mom.

I think the Carwin/Brock fight is going to be very interesting. Personally, I grabbed Carwin for 1u at +170. At those odds, I certainly like him. At even money though I'd have to think a lot harder about it.

One thing is for sure, and that's that Carwin's punching power is much greater than Brock's, even though Brock makes guys do backflips when he hits them. This fight will almost certainly be determined by whether or not Brock will be able to wrestlefuck Carwin.
    I heart cock

Edman,

I like Carwin too, but won't be betting it.

I think Schaub will beat Tuch. I don't think Tuch has the tools to finish Schaub. I expect Tuch to wear out and get dropped by a punch.

Reljic should beat Kendall with strikes. Goran has versatile striking and power. Kendall has a weak chin and weak takedowns. I liek Reljoc a lot here.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Scientists,

For the Tusch fight I think you may be wrong because you don't have to finish a fight to win a fight. Finishing is far from everything..If Tusch can get him on the ground he can hold him there for a while(15 min goes by). I don't know what Tusches chin is like but i remember the nut shots he took from Gonzaga. They were baaad, and he kept going. If his chin is as good as his nuts he might be able to take what shots he has to standing before he gets the fight to the ground and holds Schaub there. Also I read your post about Steroids, off topic here but why do you think Randy Couture has taken them? Because of his ability to compete at his age?
    1 unit = 300 $

I think Schaub is going to hurt Tuscherererererer bad.

Edman, blanket statements like 'brits have bad wrestling' is not really good betting information.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Edman, blanket statements like 'brits have bad wrestling' is not really good betting information.
    Leave him alone.

It's not as bad as half the stupid shit that you say.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Leave him alone.

It's not as bad as half the stupid shit that you say.
    Fuck you fatass, I was trying to be helpful.

You're just mad about some shit I said in another thread. Woman.

I think Tuchsherererererere has value as a dog, Schaub had problems against wrestlers in the house. He was being dominated by Madsen before Madsen got KOd.

I will most likely be taking Carwin because he has a legit shot, but I was all for Brock in this fight before Carwin/Mir. It made me think of lots of possibilities in this fight.
    The Grove/Reljic fight is probably a loser leaves town match, I think it is finally time to see Grove go, it seems like the UFC has been trying to do this for awhile. Matt Brown/Lytle will be a slugfest, anybody can win. I like Bonnar to win the rematch. I am going to be picking Silva out of fanboyness.

Those are my picks so far!

The Grove/Reljic fight is probably a loser leaves town match, I think it is finally time to see Grove go, it seems like the UFC has been trying to do this for awhile. Matt Br
    Grove is on a 1 fight losing streak. There are plenty of fighters who have gone on 3 fight losing streaks and survived in the UFC.
    I heart cock

The Grove/Reljic fight is probably a loser leaves town match, I think it is finally time to see Grove go, it seems like the UFC has been trying to do this for awhile. Matt Br
    Grove is on a 1 fight losing streak. There are plenty of fighters who have gone on 3 fight losing streaks and survived in the UFC.
    He openly said he was going to be cut if he lost to Jason Day at UFC 96. Then he lost to Almeida, and if he lost to Rosholt I am pretty sure he would have been cut.

He openly said he was going to be cut if he lost to Jason Day at UFC 96. Then he lost to Almeida, and if he lost to Rosholt I am pretty sure he would have been cut.
    Yeah, but you said that YOU think it's time for him to go. And I'm saying that that doesn't make any sense.
    I heart cock

Also, those 3 fight losing streak guys are fan favorite, TUF, marketable guys: Bonnar, Jardine, Ortiz (hasn't won since 2006), and who else?

He's a TUF winner.

They might cut him if he loses but I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah, but you said that YOU think it's time for him to go. And I'm saying that that doesn't make any sense.
    No, I meant that IF the UFC intends on cutting the loser of this fight, I think it will be his time to go...because I think he will lose.