Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Boxing plays 3/27

Re: Boxing plays 3/27

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    They don't have provisions like in MMA where the other guy can just accept the fight?

Does this affect your desire to bet on the fight considering your guy is undersized?

Yeah the other fight can accept or decline the fight if the other fight is overweight.

I dont like the fact Guzman is overweight. It could mean one of two things.Hes either completely drained and will have nothing for the fight or he didnt even try to make weight because he wanted the extra pounds on him

Had I known this I would have probably not made the bet. I only made this bet at 3pm I should have wanted the few hours and waited for the weigh in.

Funeka will still be 5 inches taller and have a 5 inch reach adv. so it shouldnt matter I just dont like it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Funny thing the line just moved from -220 to -240 .People must think Guzman is drained. I know the last time Guzman was overweight for a fight they called it off and Guzman had to go to the hostpital for dehydration.Maybe he completely drained again .Like I said I know he had to shed 40 pounds in training camp to get to 135 ,obv he only cut 31 of those.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

That's crazy. So he usually walks at 175? Most guys in the UFC who walk around at ~170 cut to 155 . . . for damn sure not 135.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    That's crazy. So he usually walks at 175? Most guys in the UFC who walk around at ~170 cut to 155 . . . for damn sure not 135.

IDK if he usually walks around at 175 but I know before this training camp he was 175 .My bets in already. I'm reading some boxing writers opinions right now and they seem to think its better for Funeka
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

A deal was struck between camps allowing the fight to go on – providing that Guzman does not weigh more than 150 lbs tomorrow morning at 7 a.m

From all the boxing writers I've read they are saying Guzman didnt want to this fight anyway so he didnt train and they think he came in overweight on pupose to get the fight cancelled. If this is true he'll weigh in overweight tomorrow monring on purpose and the fight will be cancelled .

The more I read the more I think I'm fine and Funkea will still win if it goes on
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    The more I read the more I think I'm fine and Funkea will still win if it goes on
    Hopefully so. But if he didn't want to fight, why didn't he just pull out in the first place. Other fighters do it all the time?
    I heart cock

Why get on the scale when you know you're not even close? Being overweight and get a fight cancelled is a lot better than saying" i'm a puss and dont want to fight"

I'm not worried anymore . The line is going up and every boxing writer is saying they think Guzman will win even easier now. I'd never had to deal with an overweight fighter before so I freaked . I figured overweight would mean he was stronger and didnt hve to cut as much. Everyones saying he didnt train and was overweight through all of camp. I mean what did we expect he had 5 weeks to lose 40 pounds?I just didnt understand what to think of the fighter being overweight

Either Guzman will be overweight again at 7am or get dominated in the fight .This will still cash imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Anyone know when the fight is or if it's already happened? I can't seem to find a time for it.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Anyone know when the fight is or if it's already happened? I can't seem to find a time for it.

The card starts at 10:30 on HBO not sure how many fights they is but Guzman-Funkea isnt the main event
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Awesome, thanks
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

LOSS -220

didnt watch the fight so dont know what happened just watched the round by round while watching UFC

114-113, 113-114, 116-111 -- Guzman by split decision.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

DVR'ed the fight and was on Funeka too. Strange fight with some close rounds but probably the right decision. Funeka got dropped in the 6th round.

Also lost on Abraham who got got DQ'ed for cracking Dirrell while he was on the mat. THAT was a bizarre fight. Dirrell thought he got knocked out, had no idea where he was, may have been acting base don the replay, Abraham almost incited a riot,e tc. et.c

Not a good night for me.
    2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
    NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
    NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

I watched the Dirrell-Abarham fight while watching UFC last night. Yes that was a crazy fight .I never expect Dirrell to dominate Abarham and never expected Dirrell to knockdown Abarham in a million years .That ending was crazy ,it reminded me of Jones-Griffin I. It didnt matter though had Dirrell made it to the final bell he wins anyway.

As for Funeka,realy disappointed in that idiot.Everytime hes on the big stage he does just enough not to win. Kind of disappointing he only needed to win the 12th to win the fight.Guzman doesnt deserve the fight for cheating and coming in 9 pounds overweight.Its obv now he did it on purpose .The fight should have been cancelled.I'll have to watch it today to see how i scored it

Oh well on to the next fight.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP